CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I think I enjoy the crazy team changes. Orgs might think it sucks but it draws a massive amount of interest from the people who follow the game

How do you define "massive interest"? Die hard fans spamming this thread or something else?

assuming the contract is an actual legal contract

That's the source of the entire issue. Neither side treats it as a legal contract.

Players leave whenever they want.

Orgs cut players whenever they want.

Lose/lose.

How do you define "massive interest"? Die hard fans spamming this thread or something else?

Just everyone freaking out on here and twitter. We're pretty small so when we get more of a reaction from team changes than we do from worlds being announced I'm going to assume people are into it.

But how do you impose rules on organizations when the league could potentially run woth orgless teams.

It seems to me players need good agents and an openness to the idea of honoring a contract.

With a good contract, there would be a clause that entitles the org to some sort of forfeiture of bonus and/or bar on a player for competing for a pre determined time period if he breaks the contact. It would also entitle the player to a severance package should the org break the contract.

Of course the base compensation would have to be such that a player would consider taking such a deal.

Theres maybe not enough money in halo for even this type of structure...

i think more lans = more money. with live events orgs and sponsors can get their name out. think sponsors and college football bowl games. we could have the davinci ugc tournament in st louis or the red bull lan while still running the xfinity pro league. we had something similar in mlg with the totinos plays of the game and the dr pepper gaming house. 343/esl needs to let the people willing to put money into halo put their names all over it

So what I just realized after reading the last few pages is that Halo has so many team changes because of the Ogres..... It worked for them, and they set the culture so it stuck

• Upvote (+1) 1

i think more lans = more money. with live events orgs and sponsors can get their name out. think sponsors and college football bowl games. we could have the davinci ugc tournament in st louis or the red bull lan while still running the xfinity pro league. we had something similar in mlg with the totinos plays of the game and the dr pepper gaming house. 343/esl needs to let the people willing to put money into halo put their names all over it

More LANs = more expensive for orgs, since they have 4-5 flights to book.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Just everyone freaking out on here and twitter. We're pretty small so when we get more of a reaction from team changes than we do from worlds being announced I'm going to assume people are into it.

Yes, we love drama for sure. But i don´t think it will help the scene grow in the long run. Just imagine the hype going into a LAN where the teams have been the same for some months. I was so hyped for str8 Rippin with three of my favorite players and now it is gone. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

When I used to watch CoD scrims, a lot of the players seemed to be friends and play "Money 8's" together with random teams and they all spoke and got along. I don't really like the CoD culture, but I found that aspect to be very different from Halo. When I watch Halo scrims I rarely hear positivity and I don't see many money 8's happening ever. 

Pro Halo has always had a weird elitist culture that has never been justified.

• Upvote (+1) 9

@@Mikwen

What are your thoughts these days on no radar?

Also, good choice on sticking with pistola. He's called the wizard for a reason.

When I used to watch CoD scrims, a lot of the players seemed to be friends and play "Money 8's" together with random teams and they all spoke and got a long. I don't really like the CoD culture, but I found that aspect to be very different from Halo. When I watch Halo scrims I rarely hear positivity and I don't see many money 8's happening ever. 

low skill gap game vs high skill gap game

/s

(csgo pros play a lot of "money 8s")

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

low skill gap game vs high skill gap game

/s

(csgo pros play a lot of "money 8s")

Tell that to Halo 3. Eyyoooo

• Upvote (+1) 1

I know everybody is on the hate spartan circlejerk lately but I appreciate the video he put out today. Behind the scenes stuff like this is stuff we don't get to see or hear about very often and I wish more people would post vlogs about the latest happenings in Halo.

Carry on. 

Edit: Also, I'm having withdrawal from lack of events/pro league. Hurry up, UGC.

• Upvote (+1) 7

More LANs = more expensive for orgs, since they have 4-5 flights to book.

i shouldnt have put orgs in that. with lans gaining traction for sponsors, i would hope the league would provide stipends for travel for the pro teams like mlg did. i feel like the more money halo can get from sponsors, the less everyone will have to worry about the costs of getting your top teams to show up

can i get a quick summary of the na team changes please

NV & Optic: No Change

TL: Rayne/Penguin/Eco/Stellur

Spartan/Commonly/Suspector/Danoxide

ALG: Bubu/Shooter/Contra/Dev

Str8/EG/LG are still up in the air. E6 is gone from Halo.

• Upvote (+1) 3

When I used to watch CoD scrims, a lot of the players seemed to be friends and play "Money 8's" together with random teams and they all spoke and got along. I don't really like the CoD culture, but I found that aspect to be very different from Halo. When I watch Halo scrims I rarely hear positivity and I don't see many money 8's happening ever. 

The Halo community (Pros and top AMs) is very clique based. And its always been like that. Not open to new things or people. 

the CoD pros (and top AMs) aren't like that.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Uta6Uz3.gif

There are some things I will always upvote:

- Illuminati references.

- Harry Potter related memes.

- This GIF.

• Upvote (+1) 3

The Halo community (Pros and top AMs) is just very clique based. And its always been like that. Not open to new things or people. Egos everywhere

the CoD pros (and top AMs) aren't like that.

You'd think the CoD Pro's would be like that as they actually have something to have an ego about (raking in money from YouTube channels and huge social media followings)