CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I look at it like this, anything that isn't done by Bungie is pure fan-fiction. Story has been godawful since Halo 4, granted I didn't read the dozen of books or lore behind it all.

I actually enjoyed H4. I thought it was cool having a new enemy, and bringing the Forerunners back. Perfect? No, but fun and interesting (prometheans could have been done much better though). H5 is where it all falls apart for me. From not getting the story they advertised (which had a shit ton of potential in my opinion), to not having a clue what happened with Halsey between H4 and 5 (maybe explained in the books, like you I haven't read them). H5 was just such a turd. Only entry in the series I haven't replayed over and over again. I was so hyped on it too based on the advertising. So ready to lose my shit if the UNSC was coming after Chief. So ready for him to truly bitch slap Locke and save the day. And we got none of that.

• Upvote (+1) 2

So @@Spartan cant make any actually Halo content for his channel, yet he can sure as hell make a video about some drama about @@Naded's girlfriend moments after it happens. 

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 5

i can't listen to spartan talk for 13 minutes straight so if anyone would like to post a synopsis that would be swell 

LifeHack: Watch Vlogs at 2x speed.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Pretty good vid actually - worth the watch. Hilarious and sad what's happening with Str8. Guessing the "other" team Ace was choosing between was EG - question is if he goes with them, or if they go after Naded now.

Also, Cratos is in a tough place now that he's not duo-ed with an attractive pickup like Suspector or Bubu. Doubt he sticks with Naded.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I look at it like this, anything that isn't done by Bungie is pure fan-fiction. Story has been godawful since Halo 4, granted I didn't read the dozen of books or lore behind it all.

Well to each his own, but I thought the story was the only part of 4 they got right.  I thought 5's deviation was an absolute tragedy.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Super TLDR; The Halo scene is ridiculously unstable. Something like 78 team changes happened.

TLDR; Spartan doesn't like Naded's attitude. Tried running games with Str8 as a To2 with Commonly, but the roster as a whole could never agree on a set team of 4 and it was a revolving door of Ace / Heinz / APG as 4ths. Spartan and Commonly get sick of the back-and-forth, leave the Str8 Rippin situation, and throws together a team in 10 minutes composed of him (Spartan), Commonly, Suspector and Dananoxide.

rostermania has always been something that i was surprised that orgs didnt try and stop. its hard for an org to build a fan base if the roster could suddenly change the moment free agency hits. i'm pretty surprised that these org contracts don't try and retain players or give incentive for sticking together.

This has more context now

rostermania has always been something that i was surprised that orgs didnt try and stop. its hard for an org to build a fan base if the roster could suddenly change the moment free agency hits. i'm pretty surprised that these org contracts don't try and retain players or give incentive for sticking together.

The orgs dont have any power. The players have all the power. They can leave at any moment. If an org ever does try to hold a player/team, the community backlashes against them. (Has happened to Noble and I think Denial as well).

Until the developers give the power to the orgs and make the scene resemble more traditional sports (NFL, MLB, etc); the Halo scene will never improve regarding roster changes.

This isn't an issue in other esports scenes (to the length that it is in Halo). Scenes are way more stable. So it doesn't shock me that orgs dont want to join the Halo scene, and that orgs already in the scene have pulled out or are in the middle of doing so (If LG is leaving because of this now).

It's frustrating for orgs.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Thanks  :flip:

nfV5M60.png

Damn man, I wanted that skin  :mj:

Super TLDR; The Halo scene is ridiculously unstable. Something like 78 team changes happened.

TLDR; Spartan doesn't like Naded's attitude. Tried running games with Str8 as a To2 with Commonly, but the roster as a whole could never agree on a set team of 4 and it was a revolving door of Ace / Heinz / APG as 4ths. Spartan and Commonly get sick of the back-and-forth, leave the Str8 Rippin situation, and throws together a team in 10 minutes composed of him (Spartan), Commonly, Suspector and Dananoxide.

God I wish I saw this first.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm thinking Ace to EG is a whole lot more likely now after all that hoopla. How good is Naded at Halo 5? He might be a good fit on that squad as a fourth, although I'm not sure their attitudes would mesh well.

There seems to be some confusion over what a Pro League seed actually does right now.

Even some people within the pro community seem to be under the understanding that it applies to the Pro League being held after Worlds, but that would make no sense.

As far as I understand, a Pro League seed only applies to the Championship Bracket for St. Louis / (Maybe Las Vegas?) -- having it apply to a season after a World Championship, where only 7 NA teams can qualify makes no sense, especially when an Amateur team could qualify for Worlds and then not be in the Pro League the next season, while someone who didn't qualify for Worlds would be?

Pro league is already decided. The same 8seeds from last year made it again. I posted the waypoint article already.

Worlds is a separate event and ESL made sure a pro team is left out by only sending 7 na teams. That am team will have its chance at finals I'd they make it through relegation this year

• Upvote (+1) 1

People can backlash all they want about team changes but in Halo it has lead to the best teams. No team has ever really worked from below 4th to be the best with a consistent roster

I have limited knowledge of comp CE so starting with H2

05: FB wins nationals

06: Carbon replaces strongside midway through with Ghost and wins nationals after getting 2nd/3rd for awhile

07: Fb wins nationals after replacing Saiyan with Strongside

H3

08: Str8 wins nationals after replacing Neighbor with Snipedown (Neighbor left on his own to be fair) TD is clearly 1st/2nd even though they keep making roster changes

09: Str8 and Td remain in the top 2 spots like the year before but some janky ass finals puts Classic against BTH and BTH wins (not sure about BTH roster changes that year) Bth didn't even come out with the same roster the next year if i recall. 

10: FB wins after replacing Totz with Ola after an event or two. Instinct is the 2nd best team after picking up Elamite and Cloud

Reach

11: Instinct wins after picking up 2gre and Ola

12????

H4.....ignore

H5: ALG, EG, and CLG are the clear frontrunners at the beginning. CLG picks up Frosty and breakout is removed and it seemed (to me) that Eg and CLG were the frontrunners. Then Lethul leaves to replace 2gre on CLG and despite losing Xgames CLG pretty much dominated all of worlds easily.

Current: CLG is now optic and is still 1st/2nd by almost anyone opinion. NV  put together 4 people that weren't together previously (Ola and Mikwen were but didn't even make it to worlds) and became 1st/2nd by most peoples books as well.

The only long standing team you could really vouch for would be old SQ. If i recall correctly they did work together to perform a little better each time but they didn't win until they made a big team change. 

• Upvote (+1) 4