CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I really HATE to be 'that guy' but I have been really out of the HCS bubble for about 2 weeks due to assignments and then Christmas stuff. Would somebody be so kind as to post a quick recap of any big events/stories/team changed that have happened so far?

Again, sorry to be making this post as I know they can be annoying.

As far as teams go

NV and Optic look to be remaining unchanged.

LG- Naded, Danoxide, Cratos, Suspector

ALG- Bubu, Shooter, Devon, Contra

EG- Roy, Lunch, ( ran with lots of ppl)

STR8- Ace, Apg, ( most likely Commonly, Spartan)

TL- Penguin, Raine, Eco, Stellur

E6- looks to be dissolved

Ninja, El Town werd playing together.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Im pretty sure every halo game has been marketed 80-90% on the story alone. I dont think we even had a H3 trailer concerning the multiplayer

Those numbers can't be right...

Why are fuel rod and saw in there?

Because only the playlist name changed.

Im pretty sure every halo game has been marketed 80-90% on the story alone. I dont think we even had a H3 trailer concerning the multiplayer

There was the MP beta though.

On the E6 thing, they wouldn't have gotten anywhere near the level of shit they got if they handled themselves professionally. It is a bummer to see an org that generally appears to take pretty good care of players leave, but let's not pretend they didn't bring that mountain of shit on themselves.

• Upvote (+1) 2

There was the MP beta though.

Think about the iconic ads and the whole finish the fight campaign. Halo has sold on the back of its story.

On the E6 thing, they wouldn't have gotten anywhere near the level of shit they got if they handled themselves professionally. It is a bummer to see an org that generally appears to take pretty good care of players leave, but let's not pretend they didn't bring that mountain of shit on themselves.

If the ninja/el town/saiyan team works out, e6 may pick them up. Ninja is a really visable name that could be attractive to larger orgs

E6 was a good org, but Cratos took them down, unfortunately. 

E6 was a good org, but Cratos took them down, unfortunately. 

Eh, lets not give cratos credit for poor management.  They shouldn't let him talk about contracts with players, they shouldn't say stupid shit on twitter.

They seem to be well liked elsewhere, but maybe a break from representing Halo will be good for everybody.

• Upvote (+1) 5

E6 was a good org, but Cratos took them down, unfortunately.

They "took themselves down" (not that they are actually down or need halo).but letting Cratos get involved in contract negotiations is stupid and unprofessional.

Backing his unsportsmanlike behavior was also stupid and unprofessional.

As was their nonsensical twitter presence.

At the end of the day though, Cratos' actions cost him a promising halo team. E6 really hadn't lost much of anything... other than Cratos' toxic presence.

12/27 Scrim Scores

EG w/ Falcated & Renegade 4-1 Randa/Juziro/Arkanum/TireIron

Ace/APG/Spartan/Commonly 5-5 RobTheTurtle, Chaser, BotchyHawk, Musa - surprised nobody mentioned this, even if it was a warmup scrim for Str8.

Above Str8 10-3 Ryanoob/Cloud/Prototype/BabyJ

nV 10-3 Allegiance (Contra/Dev/Bubu/Shooter)

OG 11-2 Team Liquid (Stellur, Eco, Rayne, Penguin)

• Upvote (+1) 5

What reason would they have to lie about that?

They have entire departments with millions in budget dedicated to marketing these games. If the marketing focuses more heavily on the campaign it's because that nets them more sales.

I swear, you could literally take any statement about Halo and someone will find a way to shit on the dev with it.

Didn't they claim that 7.9 million of Halo gamers were eSports enthusiasts? Didn't they claim we would get all our old Halo games exactly as we remembered them? Didn't someone state we would get a full explanation as to what went horribly wrong with MCC? How about the Relic remake being built for eSports? Why lie about these things?

According to achievement stats 29% of Halo 5 owners have completed the campaign on Normal. 

67% did complete the first mission and by the fourth mission they were at 50%. So I guess the majority did at least fire it up but they certainly didn't stick around for the story. 

The campaigns in previous Halo's certainly were selling points, and provided lots of reasons to play it again. I wouldn't be able to tell you how many times I've run through the campaigns of 1-3. But I know how many times I've done H5. 

They can say whatever fluff they want to say. Easiest way to play off the major population decline is to simply say "well the majority only play campaign." Looking at the numbers, Halo's population decline is being felt everywhere. 

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I played in the H3 Beta - Last Resort was  :wutface:  :simms:

I thought that beta just had Valhalla, High Ground :wutface: , and Snowbound  :wutface:  :wutface:

• Upvote (+1) 2

Hm. Not sure if there is anything to this, but I think it'd be a pretty solid group.

8pdr2VYl.png

I can definitely see suspector leaving LG. He seemed pretty frustrated at people not listening while scrimming the other night.

On another note, listening to the post game discussion from the new ALG was just sad. Contra would talk about the mistakes he made after each game and what to do better. Then he would ask what everyone else did or did wrong and it was just radio silence.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Hm. Not sure if there is anything to this, but I think it'd be a pretty solid group.

8pdr2VYl.png

I really don't think Dan would leave Naded. I could be wrong though.

2 questions, is there going to be any events in FL this year and when do the online qualifiers start?

Closest event to FL will be Dreamhack Atlanta in mid July.

I mean Danoxide, Suspector, Spartan, & Commonly did run MM together after scrims last night, but they wouldn't keep a seed or necessarily an org. Also thought Naded/Dan was a solid T02. 

According to achievement stats 29% of Halo 5 owners have completed the campaign on Normal. 

FWIW, that's not that uncommon for campaign completion rates.

ex: Rise of the Tomb Raider is in the low 30% for players who beat every mission, and that's without a robust multiplayer mode.

I've had the game since last Christmas and have over 20 days in MM, and I haven't finished. I'm not even sure if it's good or not, I just really like the multiplayer and don't want to waste my gaming time on something else.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I mean Danoxide, Suspector, Spartan, & Commonly did run MM together after scrims last night, but they wouldn't keep a seed 

I can't see one reason why people would be concerned with keeping a seed for a league that isn't going to resume again until after the next bigass tournament for a shitload of money. The HWC is in the forefront of everyone's mind.

• Upvote (+1) 6

I can't see one reason why people would be concerned with keeping a seed for a league that isn't going to resume again until after the next bigass tournament for a shitload of money. The HWC is in the forefront of everyone's mind.

I thought that originally, but teams that have formed have adhered pretty strictly to the restrictions to keep PL spot (probably pushed by orgs as well). Also, if they don't keep a PL seed they have to play through entire open bracket at the LANs instead of just being put in a 16-team bracket.

If this is an actual roster it'll blow everything up though. Seems a bit slay-heavy w/ Danoxide, Spartan & Suspector, but we'll see. 

• Upvote (+1) 1