CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Done competing. Should have probably specified.

Im pretty sure he is done with Halo. He hasnt run with anybody and he plays like once a week for an hour or 2. Thats not the actions of someone that wants to be compete. I think its safe to say that at this point he has written off HWC17, if not competing in Halo entirely.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

iE3EfQc.jpg

It was a fun team to root for. 

Im pretty sure he is done with Halo. He hasnt run with anybody and he plays like once a week for an hour or 2. Thats not the actions of someone that wants to be compete. I think its safe to say that at this point he has written off HWC17, if not competing in Halo entirely.

Pretty sure he stated that he wants to keep competing in Halo

• Upvote (+1) 1

Bubu's team looked like it needed an emotional leader last night to step up when times got tough. Little deaths and those random frustrating moments were actually getting under their skin for whatever reason, and it carried over throughout the course of each game. They really looked like a formidable team though when they were firing on all cylinders, i.e. The Rig Slayer game. Anyone else get a similar feeling?

-Ghost

Out of genuine curiosity, why do you sign your forum posts?

• Upvote (+1) 2

That's classic GH057ayame since early 2000s

Enough said. 

It's better this way.

-Dood

This cant become a thing...can it?

-Fletch

• Upvote (+1) 5

Bubu's team looked like it needed an emotional leader last night to step up when times got tough. Little deaths and those random frustrating moments were actually getting under their skin for whatever reason, and it carried over throughout the course of each game. They really looked like a formidable team though when they were firing on all cylinders, i.e. The Rig Slayer game. Anyone else get a similar feeling?

-Ghost

Yeah, I got the same feeling. Even when they were winning nobody was getting too hyped. I've seen Shooter been a good in-game leader before in terms of play calling, but he can get frustrated at little things as well. This is especially amplified online - which is why I have a lot more faith in this team on LAN - if they make it there without imploding. They did that last year for regionals w/ Huke instead of Shooter, though they were much more under the radar then / faced lower expectations.

Also, please make it to these LANs as an analyst or caster - really miss you from the H4 days.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Dude without unified settings Halo will never succeed as an Esport

:kappa:

I know man, it would just be so hard for people to understand and adjust.

Thats why SWAT has radar again... oh wait nvm bad example.

and why snipers has an AR secondary.... oh wait another bad example.

and why they can't do a Fiesta playlist because spawning with a different weapon every time would be too "foreign"... oh, wait, there is Fiesta?  THere is even SUPER FIESTA???  shoot nvm.

Well then, thats why they wont take Spartan Charge out of Grifball because if people expect it then its not there they will feel icky. Oh they did turn it off you say?? hmmmm....

The whole "Universality" thing is a crock of shit that's sprinkled around when it's convenient because someone read about it in their "Theory of game design" class that was taught by an art teacher who got the job because they put "Familiar with HTML" on their Resume.

Edit: To be fair, it seems like the death knell of this philosophy is near, its just taking way too long to get there.

• Upvote (+1) 9

Unrelated, but RIP to this legend  :mj:

leiasmile.gif?w=620&h=263&crop=1

2016 really was kinda shit :/

Welp...

Shit  :tear:

Out of genuine curiosity, why do you sign your forum posts?

Why dont you sign yours?

- Sauce

• Upvote (+1) 7

I'm heartbroken man..Carrie Fisher was my first crush.Rip.

I thought you were leaving? Can't play with my heart like this.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

i have to say after the past 3 days off for christmas and getting to spend a lot of time with extended family, its nice to be back at work and on beyond again.

Y9YDG.gif

and now it looks like we're signing our posts...stay strange beyond

-crane

• Upvote (+1) 5