CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I think that extermination gametype needs looked into. It would even work on existing arena maps. I don't think people realize that 343i is going to keep trying to hit us with new gametypes, and I'd rather we have a gametype ready for them than the other way around. Next season there's no reason we shouldn't have extraction back. The new forge is a tool that we can use, we should. Recreate oddball and/or extraction. Test out this extermination gametype. There needs to be adequate time in between seasons to figure out radar and gametypes.

• Upvote (+1) 5

There is no fixing empire strongholds. Just get rid of it. At the very least only spawn people with one frag

But if we change that, the casuals won't understand the game! It will destroy competitive Halo as we know it!  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 7

But if we change that, the casuals won't understand the game! It will destroy competitive Halo as we know it!  :kappa:

Yeah, I mean, all the casuals quit Warzone Assault when they did the same change. :^)

• Upvote (+1) 1

lol extermination in comp

fuck outta here

Haha THANK YOU!

Im not going to argue for the addition of anything into competitive until we get the classic gametypes working and remove the unnecessary bullshit first.

Looks like it could be a fun gametype and should be featured somewhere, but arguing to try it for competitive is a non-starter.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I can embrace this.

That game-type would be one of the only ways Halo could be round based and still work well. Seems well thought out to me. I haven't seen much of it though so idk how it would play at a high level.

This extermination gametype seems like it's a round based version of the worst parts of slayer. 15 second respawns and 1 minute power weapon timers. It will 100% be the campiest gametype with people hiding in corners with power weapons and autos the second someone dies. We should worry about fixing current gametypes before adding new ones.

• Upvote (+1) 10
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Roybox running with Ace and Renegade tonight. -2gre

:intel:

Hopefully they're not too rusty for a good session - most other teams have been scrimming a lot, with the exception of Str8. 

This squad has a lot of potential, but also sort of predictable - it prevents an Ace-driven Rostermania as envisioned by @@Str8 Kong  :lxthul:

• Upvote (+1) 1

The shoutout from Ghost and Pistola. Imagine Pistola coming to Beyond. He would receive so much love.

My post was mentioned by Ghost and Ola?!?

4G0iuqC.gif

• Upvote (+1) 9

Did roybox go after ace when tj left?

IIRC Roy said they went for Naded first, then Commonly, then would have asked Ace if Commonly had said no.

Hopefully they're not too rusty for a good session - most other teams have been scrimming a lot, with the exception of Str8.

This squad has a lot of potential, but also sort of predictable - it prevents an Ace-driven Rostermania as envisioned by @@Str8 Kong :lxthul:

Lmao it's only been like 3 days since they've played. They'll be fine. Most teams haven't played in the same time

Its pretty hard to actually give a good answer to what SB was saying since it was so open ended. Especially the part where he asked if H6 was a lot like 2 or CE if it would solve all of the problems. It wouldn't. Most of our problems aren't even game play related and if the game play related problems would be fixed by making it just like an older game is entirely dependent on your own subjective likes and dislikes. Personally think our situation could improve by 100% by just reacting to issues the community has quickly and just being more interactive with said communities. Look at what other games (Overwatch, Gears4, COD4) did for Christmas playlists and stuff to drive player engagement and then look at Halo 5. Distinct lack of effort on the Halo front. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

This extermination gametype seems like it's a round based version of the worst parts of slayer. 15 second respawns and 1 minute power weapon timers. It will 100% be the campiest gametype with people hiding in corners with power weapons and autos the second someone dies. We should worry about fixing current gametypes before adding new ones.

I don't know how that's the conclusion you came to when seeing the precedent of the game.

If the single way to end the round is to wipe the enemy team then sitting back will do jackshit for you and gives the enemy team all the incentive in the world to collapse on you.

I can you tell you that you're wrong based on

1: common sense

2: my actual anecdotal experience of playing the gametype on PURPOSE BUILT MAPS.

I seriously will paypal you $20 if you can show me a campy game against a decent team on any of the maps provided for the gametype.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Lmao it's only been like 3 days since they've played. They'll be fine. Most teams haven't played in the same time

I don't think Ace has played any scrims since finals, and not too much MM because of Vegas. Roybox & Renegade have played more, but still only 1 scrim w/ Trippey (though they did well). TL, LG, & ALG have all played at least 3-4 full scrims w/ new teammates. 

Just hope the players on EG don't get discouraged on this roster tonight if they lose because others have had more time together. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Maybe on the default maps, but there is a set of tailor made maps for the mode. The maps are pretty tiny, I don't think camping will be a problem for them honestly. 

If there is one main reason the gametype wouldn't be in competitive, its that its not on any default maps. I bet most pros would find the gametype fun as a separate playlist but not if they have to mix it in with the current map pool. Just my personal thoughts on it. 

• Upvote (+1) 3