CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Merry Christmas and Happy Hanukkah everyone! Hope all of yalls days are filled with ground pounds and spartan charges

• Upvote (+1) 2

That's not very nice.

Just gonna be a bunch of ground pounds and spartan charges going around from all the Christmas noobs

really want to see roybox try with naded and ace. Would be such and interesting team.

That would be a terrific team. Especially if they're Str8 Rippin. :)
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Merry Christmas and Happy Hanukkah everyone! Hope all of yalls days are filled with ground pounds and spartan charges

I had someone spartan charge me with no shields right through my splinter nade, knocked me back as I tried to double melee THEM, only to see them finish me off with a melee.

I saw that fucker come right through my nade and I fucking knew I was going to die.

really want to see roybox try with naded and ace. Would be such and interesting team.

I don't see Ace teaming with Naded after the Optic situation.

• Upvote (+1) 3

E4YDNjU.jpg

I would like to report this post for witch hunting.

Who would I call or send a letter to in order to file a report?

• Upvote (+1) 8

Merry Christmas, and Happy Holidays Teambeyond. It's been one hell of a year on these forums, and can't wait to spend more time here with you guys.

Cheers!

• Upvote (+1) 4

I sure hope that's not Str8 Rippin. Ace is the holder of the Str8 Rippin name as far as I'm concerned.

Just because of Elam connection? He'd be leaving the org/seed if he went to another team (which is what it looks like, likely EG or possibly ALG?)

Seed/org stays with two players on roster, and Heinz/APG seem to be sticking around since Ace/APG to EG didn't pan out. Commonly + Spartan could make this Str8 Rippin super interesting in terms of personality/energy and roster strength (they were both on 3rd place team). Ace never really embodied the brash nature of Str8 to me, too sleepy, too Status Quo  :kappa:

Anyway, Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays y'all!

Edit: Shot-in-the-dark roster move for Ace - goes to TL, replaces Stellur. Doubt it would happen, but best possible squad for Ace IMO.

Edit 2: TL w/ Stellur & Eco scrimmed last night, beating new LG 7-6. Ace already knows where he's going, so def not this squad.

It seems like Roy and Lunchbox are beginning to develop a reputation of being hard to team with amongst established pros, similar to Naded. Dealing with the twins' arguments, lesser practice time, and Towey's potentially intrusive coaching while also being required to join the EG org (not that they're a bad org, it's just another stipulation of teaming with them) makes them a tough sell. That's why they've started to dip into top AMs like Trippey and Renegade. It's the same situation Naded finds himself in often.

This isn't to say that Renegade and Trippey are bad and that the team won't succeed though. I think this is a great experiment for them. Teaming with two players who don't have any sort of pro ego or preconceptions about them as teammates might be exactly what they need.

However, personally, I believe that if an AM player hasn't risen to the pro bracket naturally by this point in the game's lifespan, there's a reason for it.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I believe there is a strong dose of heavy sarcasm in his comment. Unless of course, you are also being sarcastic.

You'd never know really.

Actually, it was a legitimate question lol.

If he's back, hopefully he doesn't bring more crashing Xboxs with him  :kappa:

Let

Lets also not forget, that Bungie has managed to retain more of its population than halo 5 I9ignoring the fact that is on multiple consoles though) because they absolutely nailed one thing and one thing only which is the shooting/gameplay.

Bungie also made Reach. Far from the perfect developers many put them up to be.

Armor Lock

Armor Lock

Armor Lock

Bungie, y u do dis?

On paper it seems great, but Naded/Ace clashed a lot on OG iirc

Bungie also made Reach. Far from the perfect developers many put them up to be.

Armor Lock

Armor Lock

Armor Lock

Bungie, y u do dis?

Forced* to make Reach after Microsoft made them. They wanted to stop at H3 but M$ wanted to milk the franchise for everything it was worth. Hints why Bungie made that game so bad, they literally tried to kill their own game because of M$.

dd9.jpeg

• Upvote (+1) 1

However, personally, I believe that if an AM player hasn't risen to the pro bracket naturally by this point in the game's lifespan, there's a reason for it.

Those reasons are because of 343 arbitrarily limiting the pro scene to only 8 teams, and forcing AM teams to only compete online for the opportunity to get into the pro scene twice a year. And because they decided you had to be 16 years old to compete, which means someone like Renegade who literally turned 16 in the summer season was too young to even be considered for a pro team before this last season fans has still spent several weeks on pro teams this year. And it's keeping top AM talent like Shottzy out of the Pro scene as well.

Combine these with the fact that teams aren't even allowed to make drastic changes because they need a majority to keep their roster spots, and you'll never see a lot of AM players breaking into the scene in the current system. Even though a few of these teams have beat the pros in tourneys, unless they can do it at one specific LAN tournament that's held twice a year, after competing and winning in weekly 12-hour long online tournaments, they won't break into the scene.

It's a great system for the already established pros, and provides them a ton of financial stability, but it sucks for the up and coming top AM players because most of them will never get a chance.

• Upvote (+1) 4

UGC is he same weekend as the ELEAGUE major.

Who the fuck thought of that trash idea.

Rip viewership.

Yeah because we are gonna miss all that CS audience right?

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

It seems like Roy and Lunchbox are beginning to develop a reputation of being hard to team with amongst established pros, similar to Naded. Dealing with the twins' arguments, lesser practice time, and Towey's potentially intrusive coaching while also being required to join the EG org (not that they're a bad org, it's just another stipulation of teaming with them) makes them a tough sell. That's why they've started to dip into top AMs like Trippey and Renegade. It's the same situation Naded finds himself in often.

This isn't to say that Renegade and Trippey are bad and that the team won't succeed though. I think this is a great experiment for them. Teaming with two players who don't have any sort of pro ego or preconceptions about them as teammates might be exactly what they need.

I don't know if it's being "hard to team with" or just their skill/results in H5. Only point you mentioned that I agree with would be the lesser practice time/grind. Look at all the Pro Teams that have passed up Roybox and formed for next LAN - every player on OG, nV, TL, LG and ALG has a top 4 finish in H5, except for Danoxide and Stellur (and no X-games doesn't count). Sure, Roybox looked better at last LAN they went to, but their H5 stock ain't that great. 

However, I'm still not convinced that Ace isn't joining EG, given his lack of other options (assuming ALG sticks together - could see him replacing Contra or PreDev if another ALG squabble happened). If he's not on EG or ALG he'd have to start his own squad, sans org and seed, with some of the leftovers in same position; Ninja, VicX, El Town, Falcated, Str8 Sick.

On paper it seems great, but Naded/Ace clashed a lot on OG iirc

Definitely was the biggest personality clash on that team, plus Naded's team is looking set right now.

• Upvote (+1) 2