CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

So these open events will use evolved settings?

Zbns style last-ditch effort

But seriously. That shit would explode

• Upvote (+1) 2

This is hilarious. Immediately made me want to contact sprint customer support.

yehbUy8.jpg

NJCRQrq.jpg

ELLEXUX.jpg

Wow I'm still giggling at that spoiler. I'll need a minute.

Let's not skip the real MVP's

@@TheSimms - 223 posts

@ - 68 posts

Don't forget the 1 post by the random gears dev (assuming that was legit) lmao

And on a side note I hope they don't think this community/Halo just trashes gears/them (because its quite the opposite) based on that one tweet that was brought to their attention.

I have not read this here, but i wanted to share a little anology that i thought of last night about the "Halo is still growing so get over the shitty venue" comments.

Whether or not Halo is growing is totally irrelevant.   Even if we accept the argument that halo is still growing, we need to put our best foot forward.  Its like showing up to an interview for an entry level job, yeah it doesn't pay much and in the end you're really a nobody to them, but you still wear a fucking suit and tie.  This weekend Halo showed up to the "Serious esport wanted" interview wearing board shorts and sunglasses.

A $5 Billion dollar franchise with Microsoft behind it should never let that happen.  We knew the venue was shit for a long time before the even, but i thought they would at least spruce up the place.  Turn the viewing tent into a party. like... fuck...

• Upvote (+1) 6

I think overall, the biggest problem is that the game is stale. It looks like they are addressing settings somewhat, but as far as esports goes, I would love to see new gametypes/maps. Personally I've watched pros play forge maps and gametypes with subs and I'm always blown away by the creativity. If they can make fun maps for casual players, I think they should be given a shot at making something competitive and having it put into arena to be tested. There could be contests which could reward forgers for their efforts. I think everyone has already been ready for a new game to be released for a while. Given the opportunity, the community could do a ton to rejuvenate this game.

Except they haven't been listening.We've asked for no radar,4sk pistol, spartan charge rework,and fixed aiming.Those are just the major ones we've been harping on since day one.Their refusal to give us competitive settings that deviate from the normal gameplay is baffling.

I thought it was funny that we were giving praise to Adam for coming here during MLG events and shooting the shit. Where we never see that from ESL guys (minus Simms). 

Then Friday comes along and the thread is hyped in good spirits, Timo comes in with his 60k viewer bonus. People were genuinely happy to see a presence; even if the subject matter presented was.. questionable.

But come Saturday... nothing. It's simply par for the course with 343/HCS/ESL. Everything is good, show up. The moment the shit hits the fan, they go radio silent and in some cases may never be heard from again.

I'm willing to go out on a limb that Stinkles, who spends a ton of time on neoGAF managed to navigate his way from making any sort of post in the halo threads despite being at the event as well. 

How much goodwill do we have left to give? If 343 comes out and says "We're sorry. We failed to secure a better venue, Halo deserves to be on a bigger stage. We have to do better, we will do better." Most will probably buy it. But don't be surprised when it's another MCC. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

Except they haven't been listening.We've asked for no radar,4sk pistol, spartan charge rework,and fixed aiming.Those are just the major ones we've been harping on since day one.Their refusal to give us competitive settings that deviate from the normal gameplay is baffling.

When have we been asking for a 4sk magnum? That seems a little too much

• Upvote (+1) 4

The people I've seen have been asking for a 4sk pistol but I've also seen just asking them to remove autos all together.There's no contention that something needs to be done about autos.The question is what?

The people I've seen have been asking for a 4sk pistol but I've also seen just asking them to remove autos all together.There's no contention that something needs to be done about autos.The question is what?

I'd rather them just remove AR starts and ARs full stop, along with Storm Rifles, and have 1 Plasma Rifle and/or SMG per map as a T2

4sk magnum would turn it into a true utility weapon. You wouldn't be immediately outclassed by anyone that has any current map pickup barring the needler and boltshot, yet due to the red reticule range, aim assist, non-headshot damage, etc. the rifles would still remain relevant. You'd have a chance against current automatics if you can land real close range pistol shots, which granted is pretty hard. This would also decrease team shot meta, increase individual players potential for sick plays, and decrease defensive thruster usage. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

As much as I don't support it, grenade hitmarkers are at the bottom of an ideal priority list. Let's talk about automatics (plasma rifle is a new problem nowadays), brain dead power weapons like the plasma caster and sword, and splinters.

how the fuck is caster any more brain dead then rockets?

And the sword is now suddenly a problem? Have you ever seen the H2 lunge?

• Upvote (+1) 1

4sk magnum would turn it into a true utility weapon. You wouldn't be immediately outclassed by anyone that has any current map pickup barring the needler and boltshot, yet due to the red reticule range, aim assist, non-headshot damage, etc. the rifles would still remain relevant. You'd have a chance against current automatics if you can land real close range pistol shots, which granted is pretty hard. This would also decrease team shot meta, increase individual players potential for sick plays, and decrease defensive thruster usage.

I'd prefer 4sk over removing autos.I'd rather tweak the sandbox than amputate an entire part.
  • Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 3

Its like showing up to an interview for an entry level job, yeah it doesn't pay much and in the end you're really a nobody to them, but you still wear a fucking suit and tie.  This weekend Halo showed up to the "Serious esport wanted" interview wearing board shorts and sunglasses.

This analogy, while it hits a nerve, has made my day so far.

• Upvote (+1) 2

- worse trophy

I mean this is subjective but lets all be thankful the trophy wasn't made out of megablocks or a toy.

• Upvote (+1) 1

How much smaller was the twitch viewership this year vs last year?

Last year we got a shot in the arm from Summit when he hosted the channel to the tune of probably 10k viewers (i think he had like 20k at the time, so im assuming half of them stayed).  This year he didn't, which i dont blame him for.

The beginning of the series had 57k, the end of the series had about 71k.  if the series had gone 7 games we could have gotten a bunch more viewers.

Can't say I'd want to decrease the team shot meta. Not sure if I'm missing something but it makes getting set ups more rewarding and breaking them harder, but also more rewarding.

I think the best thing to do for absolute 100% sure is remove AR as a starting weapon, along with SR and just have 1 SMG/PR on the map as a T2 power weapon

I'd prefer 4sk over removing autos.I'd rather tweak the sandbox than amputate an entire part.

Well if we drop to 4sk anything they should just re-tune the BR and lower the effectiveness of the AR/remove it from start and have it as a pickup. IMO I find it weird that the BR is tooled as some sort of upper tier weapon and our main one is a pistol. Also I think the ttk should be longer. Just my .02

I mean this is subjective but lets all be thankful the trophy wasn't made out of megablocks or a toy.

I thought it looked alright until I saw a close up of it and realised it was legit a piece of plastic pinned to a metal backing. 100% worse than a custom fabricated metal trophy. Also have no idea why they would change the design so much, it's important for trophies too look similar every year, it's part of creating a legacy.