CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I'll post the Youtube link to the montage after it finishes playing on Ninja's stream since it is still unlisted.

Don't you ever spell OpTic like that again

Are you able to tell us about why Team Liquid decided to part ways with Spartan? The community has been left in the dark regarding that incident and are hearing conflicting stories from multiple people.

Why do this to your family right before Christmas?

I always respect my fellow E6 authorities through the holidays so my family is safe. Cratos is T1 :kappa:

Like i said, you seem to think the player base is either high level or casual. There's always been a massive base of players who fall somewhere in between who are more than capable of knowing the differences.

The op magnum does not summarize everyones opinion. And even if it did, it wouldn't prevent someone from understanding that more aim assist, and regenerating health = easier

I'm not just talking about extremes here. I'm talking about casual players in general. There is plenty of shit that AVERAGE players do not notice or understand.

How many people don't understand aim assist and that it is practical necessity in pretty much all console shooters? How many people blame aim assist for fucking up their aim? How many people think Halo 5 has almost no aim assist/bullet mag? How many people seem to be utterly incapable of even comprehending the problems with H5 aiming? How many people don't realize the H5 sniper is easy? I think you overestimate what average players notice in games.

​It doesn't have to represent EVERYONE'S opinion (fuck, I am tired of this kind of pedantic shit). It is an overwhelmingly common opinion outside of competitive Halo circles and not too uncommon within them. And understanding that more aim assist makes things easier is not at all the same thing as noticing it in-game, particularly if you're comparing H1 and H2. H1 has plenty of reticle magnetism/aim assist/whatever you want to call it. It's the magnetism and headshot prioritization that makes the biggest difference.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I'm pretty sure that talking about Halo is more relevant than Emma Watson memes.

562749c523a2b7e8345a47e0a8a950f6.jpg
I really wanted to put an Emma Watson gif in there but I couldn't find one that worked.

Just finished watching Ninja's montage on stream and apart from the warzone clips, there was alot of clips that were really really sick. That Cratos clip was really really funny. I burst out laughing at it and so did the twitch chat. I hope Ninja does come back to playing Halo as soon as tonight.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I said it in his chat but if Ninja were to leave competitive Halo I would care about it significantly less.  He was the first professional player of any game I ever watched back in the day and has kept me interested in Halo eSports for 5~ years.  Hopefully he still cares about competing and lands on a solid team. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

I'm not just talking about extremes here. I'm talking about casual players in general. There is plenty of shit that AVERAGE players do not notice or understand.

How many people don't understand aim assist and that it is practical necessity in pretty much all console shooters? How many people blame aim assist for fucking up their aim? How many people think Halo 5 has almost no aim assist/bullet mag? How many people seem to be utterly incapable of even comprehending the problems with H5 aiming? How many people don't realize the H5 sniper is easy? I think you overestimate what average players notice in games.

​It doesn't have to represent EVERYONE'S opinion (fuck, I am tired of this kind of pedantic shit). It is an overwhelmingly common opinion outside of competitive Halo circles and not too uncommon within them. And understanding that more aim assist makes things easier is not at all the same thing as noticing it in-game, particularly if you're comparing H1 and H2. H1 has plenty of reticle magnetism/aim assist/whatever you want to call it. It's the magnetism and headshot prioritization that makes the biggest difference.

It's funny because YOU are the one making the generalizations.

People don't have to understand the science behind aim assist or magnetism, to understand that it's easier to shoot things in H2 compared to H1

You don't have to be a high level player to notice your reticle follows players more strictly or that not getting hurt when you fall or having to find health packs when you are hurt eases the game. This stuff is common sense, and was common knowledge at even low levels of play.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Just finished watching Ninja's montage on stream and apart from the warzone clips, there was alot of clips that were really really sick. That Cratos clip was really really funny. I burst out laughing at it and so did the twitch chat. I hope Ninja does come back to playing Halo as soon as tonight.

what was the timestamp for cratos?

It's funny because YOU are the one making the generalizations.

People don't have to understand the science behind aim assist or magnetism, to understand that it's easier to shoot things in H2 compared to H1

You don't have to be a high level player to notice your reticle follows players more strictly or that not getting hurt when you fall or having to find health packs when you are hurt eases the game. This stuff is common sense, and was common knowledge at even low levels of play.

No, most casuals don't see that. Go on Waypoint, basically everyone there thinks this Halo has the least amount t of aim assist, and that the CE magnum is overpowered and easy to use. You'd be surprised about how different competitive and casual players see things in games.

@@underchemist no idea, since it was in stream, but it's closer to the end than the start. If I had to guess, maybe around 12-14 min mark? I apologize ahead time if I'm completely wrong, as I'm just really estimating

No, most casuals don't see that. Go on Waypoint, basically everyone there thinks this Halo has the least amount t of aim assist, and that the CE magnum is overpowered and easy to use. You'd be surprised about how different competitive and casual players see things in games.

to be fair many of the people who have opinions on the Halo CE pistol today and aren't the people on this forum base those opinions on the CE pistol in H5... which IS ridiculously easy to use. Remember there are a lot of people on waypoint who were barely born or werent even born when that game came out.

Let's get back on topic.

Which of the teams that is playing in the 2017 Halo World Championship do you think will best take advantage of the new silenced AR meta?

E6 homie

I've never seen a team play like they have their asses glued to the floor ;)

• Upvote (+1) 1

You'd be surprised how many people don't fit the description of casual or competive. Waypoint is a vocal minority, just like team beyond is.

And half of those people probably never even played CE.

I used to run with about 30 people in school during the CE - 2 days. None of us were 'competitive'. I think the highest rank any of us got was a 42.most of us were in the 25-35 range before cheaters started taking over. Didn't know about button combos. We new about super jumps though. None of us played the hardcore playlist....none of us followed mlg.

Still it was no secret among us average joes that halo 2 was much more "noob friendly' than CE. is obvious moments after you pick up a weapon in Cairo station and transfers right over to the MP.

Anyway. I gotta stop shitting up this thread. Making a habit.

Great montage, made me miss the Ninja/VicX combo though  :mj:

Have the feeling they'll be putting together another leftovers squad... both very underrated players who seem to be getting the short end of the stick during current Rostermania. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

So the when/where of the HWC isn't known yet? Would it be closer to the end or start of the new year?