CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

This is hilarious.  Immediately made me want to contact sprint customer support.

yehbUy8.jpg

NJCRQrq.jpg

ELLEXUX.jpg

That bot is terrible. "thank you for your understanding and kind and patient with me"

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm not a Snipedown fan, but Cloud's an idiot, calling him out on Twitter, when he's not even good enough to be on a top AM team

Everyone here criticizes players, but one of the most accomplished players still playing can't?

And clouds teams have done no worse than the top am teams.

Just how populated is halo 3, not talking about mcc I'm talking about 360.

Naded about to hook his 360 up and stream some halo 3.

• Upvote (+1) 1

As much as I enjoyed the matches and quality of play the players brought it could be so much better.

I think the new radar settings need to be added, autos are still too prevelant, pistol starts are a must IMO and the sword is just ridiculously OP. I think just the first two things alone could vastly improve the viewing experience.

Theres still a plethora of things that can be improved on top of those but I feel we just go round in circles saying the same shit after every tournament.

Would you guys put OpTic top 2 of all time

1. Obviously FB

2. People normally say Instinct but OpTic have won more and in more dominating fashion (5/7 grand finals have been 4-0). Obviously the number of teams is smaller, but you can't deny to win for a year+ and dominantly is very impressive. Also

6tgQJ6C.png

Edit: now with correct Fall PL numbers

• Upvote (+1) 3

Just how populated is halo 3, not talking about mcc I'm talking about 360.

Naded about to hook his 360 up and stream some halo 3.

I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't get a single game.

I mean you have Coalition devs join to stop by to humor, guys like MLG Adam who are so passionate still about Halo, and zero HCS staff. I just hate the people blaming the community for the bad light. As if we are the ones who put those balloons there. Were it not for U4ix, we may not have had these conversations happening.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I mean you have Coalition devs join to stop by to humor, guys like MLG Adam who are so passionate still about Halo, and zero HCS staff. I just hate the people blaming the community for the bad light. As if we are the ones who put those balloons there. Were it not for U4ix, we may not have had these conversations happening.

what does U4ix mean. I keep seeing it and don't know what it means but keep on thinking of FabE cause they were U4X during summer season

U4ix = Frank

And @@CyReN why can't we embed on mobile? Whenever you post a youtube or Twitter link, it just shows the link a

1. Obviously FB

2. People normally say Instinct but OpTic have won more and in more dominating fashion (5/7 grand finals have been 4-0). Obviously the number of teams is smaller, but you can't deny to win for a year+ and dominantly is very impressive. Also

I0PZKza.png

Easily. ( Your chart is wrong for fall finals. Should have 8 losses for maps)

Instincts love as an all.time team is baffling considering that they even placed 5th. 6 tourneys and only won half. It seems people value them off the streak of games where they didn't lose but all of the players being fan favorites definitely plays into their ranking.

As much as I enjoyed the matches and quality of play the players brought it could be so much better.

I think the new radar settings need to be added, autos are still too prevelant, pistol starts are a must IMO and the sword is just ridiculously OP. I think just the first two things alone could vastly improve the viewing experience.

Theres still a plethora of things that can be improved on top of those but I feel we just go round in circles saying the same shit after every tournament.

I don't get why people hate the gravity hammer but like the sword. There's no one hit Spartan charge or speed boost with the hammer, and you don't get as ridiculous a lunge either. Hammer should replace sword on truth.

Carbine should have ammo reduced or have 2 minute timer on truth.

Remove brute rifles, put in gunfighter magnums

Reduce at ammo to one mag off spawn. (They're not removing it altogether. Give that dream up.)

( Your chart is wrong for fall finals. Should have 8 losses for maps)

whoops. Thanks, I'll go change it

Official ahawowow All-Time Roster Power Rankings

Brought to you by COMCAST™

1. StK/Team 3D/Final Boss - OGRE1/OGRE2/Walshy/Saiyan

2. Counter Logic Gaming/OpTic Gaming - Lethul/Royal2/SnakeBite/Frosty

3. Team Domination - OGRE1/OGRE2/Walshy/KillerN

4. Final Boss - OGRE1/OGRE2/Walshy/StrongSide

5. Evil Geniuses - Roy/Lunchbox/Snipedown/Lethul

6. Str8 Rippin - Tsquared/Snipedown/Legit/ElamiteWarrior

7. Carbon - Gandhi/Shockwave/GH057ayame/Karma

8. Final Boss - OGRE2/Victory X/FearItSelf/iGotUrPistola

9. Instinct - Roy/Lunchbox/OGRE2/iGotUrPistola

10. Triggers Down - Hysteria/SK/Heinz/iGotUrPistola

How is str8 above '10 fb? They're the only team to win multiple h3 events in a row, including the national championship.

The best Fb was with strongside. The perfect tourney at champs trumps everything.

• Upvote (+1) 1

How is str8 above '10 fb? They're the only team to win multiple h3 events in a row, including the national championship.

The best Fb was with strongside. The perfect tourney at champs trumps everything.

Str8 dominated 08 (won nationals and two normal events, just not in succession) and stayed elite in 09. Pistola-FB's reign was more brief.

As for Saiyan/Strongside, 3 years of untouched domination > one perfect event

• Upvote (+1) 2

Str8 dominated 08 (won nationals and two normal events, just not in succession) and stayed elite in 09. Pistola-FB's reign was more brief.

As for Saiyan/Strongside, 3 years of untouched domination > one perfect event

I just can't put the Saiyan squad over ss when they lost three straight tourneys to one team. From the get go FB was the best again with ss, and didn't drop outside the top2. Then washed everyone at the biggest tourney with the most competition

2006 FB never once finished below 2nd either, and save for one all-TS event against Str8, never lost until late 06. Saiyan retired immediately after, which should tell you they were in their twilight years as a dynasty but still the 2nd best active team. If Side FB had stuck together another year I'm sure they would have lost a few times too.

They should be judged based on their 3 years of domination, not three events where they were spent.

Im guessing they arent going to add the match scores to that excel sheet. Which means I probably wont bother importing the stats.

1. Obviously FB

6tgQJ6C.png

Edit: now with correct Fall PL numbers

Wow, their map win ratio is ungodly, does anyone have similar stats for some of the old dynasties?

I really wanted NV to win last night? But Optic was something to watch.

There's an argument to be made that nV shoulda/coulda won any of those 4 maps. When they played perfectly, they mounted big leads, or at least hung close, but the moment they made a single mistake, it was over for them. nV has to play perfect Halo for an entire game in order to beat Optic. Optic is so resilient, that they can overcome less than perfect play at the beginning of a game and secure a victory- and they can do so against any opponent.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Honestly, the tea-bagging and NV logo-shooting doesn't bother me at all. 

I know people will gossip about team changes, but I hope that NV stays together as-constructed. They proved that they can beat Liquid, and even though they got the hot 4-0 in the finals, I think they can bet OpTic anytime. 

Clearly Mikwen showed **ONCE AGAIN** that he's one of the best players in Halo 5, and even though Pistola didn't play great, he's still an amazing player and asset to NV. 

So please, don't change NV. Don't change. 

• Upvote (+1) 5

Can you please keep politics out of this?

:kappa: 

Tell 343 this in regards to managing Halo/HCS.

I love that one of the pros called out the negativity. It seemed to me that he really was supporting it. And then Hysteria calling it toxicity is just ridiculous. While I'm going to leave his track record to speak for itself, it wasn't even toxic in my eyes. People have been trashing 343 for years now and this just had to be called out. It's for the good of the scene (hopefully). 

World's was interesting. I can't stand halo 5 so I didn't watch much, but I followed the outcomes on here and twitter and followed the conversations. I did catch one bit of the broadcast when the LB was being played out in semis and LB finals...and saw that they only showed 1/2 the overflow tent because you could clearly see there was absolutely no one on the other side. Man that is just pathetic. I loved that Hecz opened his mouth and got the word out about everything. TB does a great job, but I think we can all agree his reach is longer there and whatever additional exposure we can get is great. It also helps that Hastro threw a comment out there too.

Dreamhack events aren't going to save this game. The viewership hiitting 71k+ is awesome. Seriously great. The problem is the player count is putrid and nothing is going to change that. The game itself is an absolute turd. Whether you like the new stuff or not (hint: IMO I hate it all), you can't make a feasible argument that the player base is absolutely dismal and will likely be going down throughout the course of this year. Why? I'm expecting E3 to be announcing the next title in the series. What I'm absolutely NOT expecting is Halo 3 Anniversary. I don't know why people haven't been able to accept that it's really unlikely. November 2017 will be the 10 year anniversary of Halo 3, which is why they've released Anniversary "remasters" of Halo: CE and Halo 2. I just don't see it happening.

Love that Snipedown finally is coming around to get rid of some of the worst parts of this game. Another thing that's awesome. I can't stand seeing it on a stream where someone is Spartan Charging or Ground Pounding and the casters fake getting excited about it like it's something really cool. The "new" mechanics (sprint included) are a dumpster fire. I understand that Halo was getting thrashed by Call of Duty and they saw it as they had to adapt to compete. I get it from a business sense, but they basically just shit on the players of the game. From a lore perspective, I totally get it too. You're operating a superhuman via augmented musculature and lifelong training, not to mention the supersuit they're wearing, so why shouldn't they be able to spring and thrust and all this other bullshit? Well because it makes for atrocious gameplay (again, IMO). It's been covered a lot prior to this post so I'm just gonna be done with it here after this next sentence. These gameplay mechanics have absolutely no business being in Halo.

Speaking of things I don't believe should be in Halo, grenade hit markers. I have no idea how this is even up for debate. Grenate hit markers, as a few others have said, are literally like using a radar, even if radar isn't on. The old strategy was to just throw nades around corners and into places that teammates called out. Throwing nades around corners was just a precautionary move to give yourself an easy time at clearing corners/spots in bases and setups. It was like Halo's version of the CS:GO flash grenade, but without blinding your opponent. There's no place in Halo for grenade hitmarkers. 

Settings. I don't wanna delve too deep here because there's a thread for it, but the competitive settings have to change. Unless I've missed something drastic, the vanilla-ish versions of competitive play haven't been dragging viewers/players into competitive by the scores/dozens/hundreds/thousands.  They're not great for competitive play. They need to change to keep the competitive integrity at the highest for future games (would say the next two season, but I look at Halo 5 as a lost cause). The weapons, the maps, the game settings, and gametypes I think all need and overhaul. Againt, that's just person opinion.

Please feel free to shit on my post and get the discussion going on any of it.

EDIT: Additionally, I'm really excited about Hitch producing a video/documentary about competitive Halo. There's just such a crazy amount of material to cover and storylines and it will be amazing to see the early years all rehashed again, not to mention to cover some of the era that I paid less attention to than I should have.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 2

If the people that are in charge of Halo want Halo to grow listen to the feedback see how plausible the solutions are and implement them and watch how it goes.

When you do nothing and just don't advertise for events and make it look like it's a 10k open event you don't grow the scene. Everyone thats not mentally disabled can see this. So advertise the events!Why is this happening everytime?

Why is it so that everyone from esl or halo is always saying "we're still growing" and all that stuff. If you want to grow make sure that you go for the BEST experience ever. Make it the best event with the people that can put up a show for the spectators and the players.

Be transparent about everything you do. Involve the community in the things you do. When you do that people will see whats going on and be hyped because they know there is a Halo world championship ahead and they can plan to go there. When the passes go on sale less then 2 weeks before the event people can't get days off of work or buy tickets to fly across the country.

I know I don't have the practical feedback that you can literally implement in the league but these things are just basic stuff and should be done by everyone that has a desire to grow something. Look at all the feedback on twitter, on reddit and around the internet. Do you guys want to be remembered by that or do we all want the halo scene to be thriving again like it was 10 years ago. @Halo You are the people in charge. Plz give us something to be supportive about because when it looks like it did this weekend it's just a shame.

@Tsquared, @Elamite, @Chig, @Neighbor, @GH057ayame, @Sal1ent, @ske7ch, @Timo, @Vivi, @Tashi, @UGCevents, @PROVERB, @Phade

(Tought I'd also post this here for the better visibility)

• Upvote (+1) 3

While this subject isn't very popular anymore but I did make a pastebin that (should) have all the posts from Adam in regards to Halo/MLG/343. Feel free to link it anytime you see people talking about the subject. Its something many probably don't know (even on this site tbh).  Although theres probably a better way to make it viewable, imgur album or something but at least its compiled into one place for now.

What are the chances 343 makes a statement regarding the venue issues? 

Or do you think they are just hoping everyone forgets about it?