CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

AR's switched to on map pickups, and grenade marker removal should be our next 2 priorities.

As much as I don't support it, grenade hitmarkers are at the bottom of an ideal priority list. Let's talk about automatics (plasma rifle is a new problem nowadays), brain dead power weapons like the plasma caster and sword, and splinters.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

S/O to Naded and his witchcraft

?????  I'm a fan of Naded but wtf lol ... the worst-placing NA team?  and I wouldn't even say he played the best on that team (Danoxide played slightly better)

edit: apparently I've missed a joke lol, I blame sleepiness

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 3

?????  I'm a fan of Naded but wtf lol ... the worst-placing NA team?  and I wouldn't even say he played the best on that team (Danoxide played slightly better)

I'm pretty sure he's making a joke lol

I think overall, the biggest problem is that the game is stale. It looks like they are addressing settings somewhat, but as far as esports goes, I would love to see new gametypes/maps. Personally I've watched pros play forge maps and gametypes with subs and I'm always blown away by the creativity. If they can make fun maps for casual players, I think they should be given a shot at making something competitive and having it put into arena to be tested. There could be contests which could reward forgers for their efforts. I think everyone has already been ready for a new game to be released for a while. Given the opportunity, the community could do a ton to rejuvenate this game.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Finally got caught up. Overall this weekend was huge for Halo IMO

Production was much improved, gameplay was incredible and viewership was good.

The best part was 343 and ESL got put on blast by everyone, now it's time for some real changes, can't wait for what's next.

Hecz and Lethul to save Halo #Greenwall

• Upvote (+1) 2

AR's switched to on map pickups, and grenade marker removal should be our next 2 priorities.

Splinter nades and AR both need to be removed asap. Nade hitmarkers are less important but also need to be removed.

In addition to removal of ARs and splinters we NEED to fix the current gametypes. Remove sniper on Eden/Coli slayer, possibly remove Empire SH but it might play okay without ARs. There are a ton of decent strongholds maps that aren't used right now that I think could work better. Replace Fathom CTF with Empire CTF (don't know if this is a good thing but I just want to try something else). Windows closed off and 5 caps. Possibly the new Torque CTF in proving grounds could replace it. Still needs some work but I'm a fan of the changes so far. Also now that the grenade launcher is fixed we need to start finding good maps to put it on. I think it would be great on maps like Plaza and Rig which have a ton of places to bounce it off of.

Why not do a pro choice mvp then? (or in this particular case worlds participant choice)

Can you please keep politics out of this?

:kappa: 

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Well the events been over for a few hours if thats what you're asking.

misclicked neg sorry man
  • Upvote (+1) 1

In addition to removal of ARs and splinters we NEED to fix the current gametypes. Remove sniper on Eden/Coli slayer, possibly remove Empire SH but it might play okay without ARs. There are a ton of decent strongholds maps that aren't used right now that I think could work better. Replace Fathom CTF with Empire CTF (don't know if this is a good thing but I just want to try something else). Windows closed off and 5 caps. Possibly the new Torque CTF in proving grounds could replace it. Still needs some work but I'm a fan of the changes so far. Also now that the grenade launcher is fixed we need to start finding good maps to put it on. I think it would be great on maps like Plaza and Rig which have a ton of places to bounce it off of.

I feel like Empire 5 Flag could be great if there was no weapons on it.

I feel like Empire 5 Flag could be great if there was no weapons on it.

I think it deserves testing at the very least. Same with Torque but I still feel like top mid needs to be closed off a bit more. Like ring on Sanctuary.

I know most people don't like the 'stump' as a trophy but imo it looks better than the 2017 trophy. Its a little thing but I would've liked to see them them the 2016 design and change it a little bit to look more appealing (like the eleague trophy).

f0oNpgS.jpg

>

WJuAnxj.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

For those putting renegade into dream teams, i don't think he's ready to be put into a team where the isn't a soild and experienced to3. Lads insane, but to see the best of him i think he needs that bit freedom to do what he wants, that allows him to be the difference. Why he does so well at Str8 but didn't set the world alight when he was with Bubu, Falcated and Shooter. Needs help making up with his improving comms and needs to be the main Power weapon guy.

I would personally like to see Str8 stick together for atleast one more season, see if they can improve as a sqaud then look for a quick fix and change the roster. Would also be cool to see them make a push into content, try and help the Halo and Str8 brand on YouTube, because I think it would be really cool to see Str8 break into other E-sports one day. Could be another way getting people into Halo competitive scene.

That's my 3 hours sleep, spelling mistaken two cents anyway.

• Upvote (+1) 2