CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I hope there is an Announcement soon for how pro league will be this year, maybe some more Open LANs, and what the rest of the year is going to look like for the HCS. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Not gonna lie, when they cut away before Game 4 of the grand finals I thought it was going to be an H3A trailer.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I hope there is an Announcement soon for how pro league will be this year, maybe some more Open LANs, and what the rest of the year is going to look like for the HCS.

I was really shocked that there wasn't any sort of announcement at HWC... until I realized that in order to make such an announcement, someone involved in HCS would have to learn to plan things in advance.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Is this the period of time where we shitpost until we get information about the next Pro League a day or two until it begins?

So a downgrade?

tenor.gif

Imagine him in his prime playing in the era of $1 million and $500k prize pools... the OpTic squad has a crazy opportunity with how much they dominate this game to clear a ton of cash. Already upto several hundred k each.

Adding in subs, donations, salary, and his age, lethul will gross over 1m from halo. Never thought that could happen 10 years ago.

I totally just jinxed him winning worlds ever again

• Downvote (-1) 1

imo grenade hit markers are necessary with he current radar. It is one way to somewhat punish players who are camping abusing radar

If they don't release H3A can we just go back to H3 on 360s for a little bit?

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

imo grenade hit markers are necessary with he current radar. It is one way to somewhat punish players who are camping abusing radar

So bad mechanics are needed to justify even worse mechanics? That sounds awfully familiar.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Not gonna lie, when they cut away before Game 4 of the grand finals I thought it was going to be an H3A trailer.

As cool as that would've been, that's an E3 level announcement. 

What? No. Hit markers make the current radar worse. Now, not only can I see everyone moving within 18m of me, I can essentially extend my radar's reach by chucking random grenades everywhere.

On top of that, when I get the hit marker, I know where a guy is AND I know he's weak.

• Upvote (+1) 1

If they don't release H3A can we just go back to H3 on 360s for a little bit?

Only if we play multi-team VIP on Epitaph.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

So bad mechanics are needed to justify even worse mechanics? That sounds awfully familiar.

Adding abilities/features and then adding in abilities/features to nerf the original abilities/features...

What's so bad about that.

Only if we play multi-team VIP on Epitaph.

I was going to suggest one flag on higher ground. But that works too

• Upvote (+1) 1

I didn't go to school for marketing/advertising so correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't releasing team skins for all the teams that qualified at worlds and released them prior to worlds, while also advertising them during stream a bit be a good thing/idea?

Or releasing information about next pro league/worlds (if there is one) and other upcoming events (especially during the down time before finals  and right after when the most people are watching).

Holy hell this makes me like Frosty even more.

I was bored one day and checked out Frosty's XBL stats ... he legit played like 10,000 games of H3 and 10,000 games of Reach.  apparently he was a super-tryhard BTB kid for a while?  moving up in the world now lol

• Upvote (+1) 4

What? No. Hit markers make the current radar worse. Now, not only can I see everyone moving within 18m of me, I can essentially extend my radar's reach by chucking random grenades everywhere.

On top of that, when I get the hit marker, I know where a guy is AND I know he's weak.

I don't disagree with that. I'm just looking at it from the perspective of the opposing team.