CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I cant stress the importance of having the Halo community show up with huge numbers for DreamHack Atlanta. 

Could be the basis of whether 343 decides to carry on Halo 5's eSports.

Just so everyone knows: tickets for DreamHack ATL are available NOW https://atlanta.dreamhack.com/17/tickets/

• Upvote (+1) 6

I cant stress the importance of having the Halo community show up with huge numbers for DreamHack Atlanta.

The community has been showing up to the last few opens... this next one is pricey, but anyone with a dream jack ticket can play in the Halo open.

Fingers crossed.

Even the worst of trolls have to realize how stupid they sound saying 71k viewers makes a game dead.

Plus Timos 60000 bonus viewers

Yes, yes he did. All the guys did. 

i can't say how much i respect the dedication unshakeable belief you have in your son to succeed. 

+1

• Upvote (+1) 2

Just so everyone knows: tickets for DreamHack ATL are available NOW https://atlanta.dreamhack.com/17/tickets/

I'm planning on being there. It'll be my first Halo event, so it'll be interesting since it's not a pure Halo event, but that's probably even better. I am an extremely loud person and I promise to bring the hype of a thousand suns with me. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Even the worst of trolls have to realize how stupid they sound saying 71k viewers makes a game dead.

I think the "Halo 5 is dead" is talking more about the player base than tourney viewership. Champs matching diamonds, team of 4s matching solo players because there isn't any other option, etc.

The viewership this weekend says there is more interest in watching Halo 5 than playing it, IMO. Halo 5 is dying, but Halo isn't dead yet.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Royal 2 and Snakebite have a decent amount of Reach wins under their belt, and Lethul has a couple too.

Royal 2 and snakebite have 1 reach win as well as lethul if I believe

Joshua Gray did a great job as interviewer and hype man and Axeltoss is better every time as desk host

that's funny, I was really not a huge fan of either. Idk, like the ESL random facebook interview afterwards with strongside, wonderboy and gaskin (https://www.facebook.com/ESLHalo/videos/1360531214031745/) seemed a lot smoother and more entertaining/interesting than either of the post-series interviews with the guys you mentioned. It would've been nice for that to be featured or received the same level of production instead of being streamed on facebook from what sounds like a phone

Who is Joshua Gray anyways? Every time he was on stream I was wishing it was Walshy or Bravo or something. Idk if that's rude but he just seemed out of place for some reason. I guess we'll have Goldenboy back next time though, and he's always great

• Upvote (+1) 1

ebbc9d503ca5917cad7184974de18198.png

Sorry I've been away from Beyond for a bit, things have been crazy.

Did we get the air hockey?

• Upvote (+1) 5

Just so everyone knows: tickets for DreamHack ATL are available NOW https://atlanta.dreamhack.com/17/tickets/

Working out my finances, but I'm likely going! I'll be looking to meet as many of you as possible if I'm out there!

• Upvote (+1) 3

Not gonna happen. Simply put, not that many people play this game because it sucks.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

If nothing else 343 can pull what MLG did with Reach and just throw out settings that are super popular in an attempt to save the scene at the last moment to fill out some open bracket tournaments. I don't really think attendance is an issue right now though given an appropriate venue located on the right side of the country.

that's funny, I was really not a huge fan of either. Idk, like the ESL random facebook interview afterwards with strongside, wonderboy and gaskin (https://www.facebook.com/ESLHalo/videos/1360531214031745/) seemed a lot smoother and more entertaining/interesting than either of the post-series interviews with those two

who is joshua gray anyways? every time he was on stream I was wishing it was Walshy or Bravo or something. I guess we'll have Goldenboy back next time though, and he's always great

@Goldenboy is superior to both Axeltoss and Josh Gray, 100%, but unfortunately the big man himself can't be in two places at once and I'm sure he appreciated getting to spend some time with family instead of us crazy folks :tongue: 

Idk who Josh Gray is tbh but I think he's done a lot of similar esports-type events in the past, I know Axeltoss is from the SC2 community but wasn't familiar with him either before he started working with HCS. Idk man Josh just came across well to me, seemed professional, good on camera, clear voice etc. His interviews were a bit generic I suppose but I felt he did a good job overall and hyped up the crowd well enough. Axeltoss took a while to grow on me but I really like him, he's perhaps not the most knowledgeable about Halo but he keeps the show moving very well, is again good on camera etc.

Working out my finances, but I'm likely going! I'll be looking to meet as many of you as possible if I'm out there!

Would be hype to meet the Team beyond minions! 85% set on going as a member of the press (benefits woo!) so hopefully I'll be able to create a bunch of good Halo/Melee/CSGO video content and get to experience my first hype Halo event!

• Upvote (+1) 1

Not gonna happen. Simply put, not that many people play this game because it sucks.

if we can get 61 teams for a 50k im sure we can do well for a dreamhack 150k

• Upvote (+1) 1

"It's been an insane ride" really sounds like someone who's not coming back  :thinking:

• Upvote (+1) 3

can someone link me to the "ggs nv it feels good to sweep the god squad even if it's only the hwc grand finals" post

"It's been a fun ride" really sounds like someone who's not coming back  :thinking:

They do this stuff after every event