CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I love all of the players on NV. I've watched snipedown and ola play for about 10 years now. But the 'worlds' optic is just too good.

Personally I'd love to see NV add another young God to play alongside huke. The kid had nearly 20 kills on plaza slayer and the next player had 10 I believe it was mikwen. I know it's just one game but that's kind of how it goes for nv sometimes.

Whether they make a change or not is fine with me. But optic at full power is still clearly the best team.

If NV makes a change, I only see bubu or shotzzy joining for ola.
  • Upvote (+1) 4

Even tho Nv lost, I still think Huke is the best player in Halo, he did his best to carry, just came up short.

Switch Royal 2 for Huke and that's a downgrade for Nv, I truly believe that, Royal 2 to me seems like he's a product of the way Optic plays as a unit whereas the success of Nv is a result of Huke, kid just makes plays.

Ola is a nice guy so I say this begrudgingly but if they drop him for Eco they might be able to beat Optic consistently.

if you truly believe this despite all the evidence that was just thrown in your face then your an idiot.

you're*

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

royal 2 had the highest k/d of the tourney at 1.6. it was 2.1 in just the first two days. and again, slayer =/= player. the best all around player in the game is snakebite. 2nd highest k/d at worlds with 1.38, clutch obj work, the mastermind behind all those comebacks and perfectly timed pushes. any other answer at this point is invalid

Yup.  Snakebite has been the God for a long time.  Clutch as hell.  Incredible leadership/attitude.  Very rarely makes mistakes; and he can dominate games with random plays that don't receive any stats but are instrumental to winning.  The end of that Truth CTF game when he was sprinting around with sword and literally preventing any possible nV flag cap was absurd.

• Upvote (+1) 2

How can they again not announce the next important dates? Show again the dreamhack trailers. Make vague hints at stuff happening this year.

Only reason to hold these things back on this stream would be ESL is not partnered any further.

Or you know... 343/HCS again being totally out of touch.

• Upvote (+1) 8

At one time during finials I checked Facebook and it had 7k viewers. Not sure what the peak was.

• Upvote (+1) 1

if you truly believe this despite all the evidence that was just thrown in your face then your an idiot.

the best four players in Halo right now are Snakebite, Royal 2, Frosty, and Daddy. End of discussion

• Upvote (+1) 4

If NV makes a change, I only see bubu or shotzzy joining for ola.

I would agree with you. And I'm leaning towards Shotzzy. Pair Shotzzy and Huke on one team. Please

• Upvote (+1) 3

Dadbite>Huke

Same applies to him, replace Huke with snakebite, is it really an upgrade for Nv?

Don't get me wrong, Snakebite is a great player and what stands out when watching him play is his leadership whereas for Huke it's his skill level being so above everyone else.

• Downvote (-1) 7

Ola made great obj plays during the liquid game. I don't know why people are singling him out because he plays slower than the rest isn't that the point

Ola didn't even have a bad event, no one on nV did, OpTic are just that fucking good. I'd be surprised if nV make any changes, even more so if they drop Ola, 

• Upvote (+1) 4

Same applies to him, replace Huke with snakebite, is it really an upgrade for Nv?

Don't get me wrong, Snakebite is a great player and what stands out when watching him play is his leadership whereas for Huke it's his skill level being so above everyone else.

Huge upgrade. Dadbite is the smartest and best player in H5 and it's not even close

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

replace Huke with snakebite, is it really an upgrade for Nv?

In the long run after they build chemistry, undeniably yes.

• Upvote (+1) 1

@@Bad Dub

I've written code to import it but they didnt include the individual match scores, so im waiting on that.

• Upvote (+1) 1

71k viewers. Yay

No announcements about future plans/events for Halo. Nay

No MVP awarded. WTF!

So last year this team got screwed out of an MVP award and this year they say let's just not give one.

Edit: also the trophy has a wired design using a legendary logo. I actually prefer last year's trophy to this one.

How can they again not announce the next important dates? Show again the dreamhack trailers. Make vague hints at stuff happening this year.

Only reason to hold these things back on this stream would be ESL is not partnered any further.

Or you know... 343/HCS again being totally out of touch.

We know the major details about the next two seasons, we're just waiting on specific dates for the actual weekly league play, which isn't urgent for viewers.

However, I will say it was very, very foolish to not show the DreamHack/Finals trailers and info, and not promoting team skins was also very foolish.

71,000 viewers watching two teams with skins in-game and the most promotion that we saw was Frosty's NV disrespect.

• Upvote (+1) 9

I'm just going to say whats on my mind about the 2 breakout players(no pun intended) in Halo 5, atm

Renegade playstyle reminds me of Royal 2. Excellent with power weapons and recognizes very well when to play fast or slow. He's also a very hard kill.

Shotzzy reminds me of Frosty. Amazing mechanics, creates a ton opportunities for his teammates with his unorthodox playstyle. When on fire. he rarely misses shots.

If Liquid or NV want to take the gamble and make a team change, you go after one of these players. However, I believe there is no combination of players that can consistently hang with Optic because of one player and that is Snakebite.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Honestly, outside of Optic, i think every team will make at least one change. Don't know how the league seeds will weight in. It will all spin around players like Shotzy, Renegade and Huke.

Would love to see Liquid and Str8 to stick together, those teams really found great chemistry. But you know, its Halo.

Snakebites easily the mvp and best player in halo 5. He singlehandedly stopped NVs momentum with that triple kill game 1.

• Upvote (+1) 5