CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Renegade and Shotzzy have the potential to be top 10 players ... as much as I hate to say it, Ola is the most replaceable player on nV.  

I hope Snipedown and Huke stick together. It seems like the time has come again where all the remaining players start scrambling to create a new squad that has a chance at taking town Optic, and it has to contain those 2 players. As much as Ola had some great games this event, there are too many times he was holding envy back and not performing, you can't go 4 -16 in a final series against Optic and expect a shot at winning.

Mikwen and Ola have been a to2 for a so long that one of them getting kicked would be a huge deal imo.

• Upvote (+1) 1

71k viewers. Yay

No announcements about future plans/events for Halo. Nay

No MVP awarded. WTF!

So last year this team got screwed out of an MVP award and this year they say let's just not give one.

Edit: also the trophy has a wired design using a legendary logo. I actually prefer last year's trophy to this one.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Build the wall is not a racist remark. It's a political remark involving laws being broken.

Not to get too political but who is the real bad guy in that situation, the person coming over looking for work, or the person that hires them? 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 3

They didn't hand Optic the trophy, a check, or announce the MVP. The incompetence knows no limits.

Also, the trophy looks bad.

Yup. Very upset about this. It is these little things that add up. Imagine giving an extra 5k to MVP as decided by fans or the casters. Such little support.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Royal 2 plays his role perfectly. Huke is nice, but get real...he's not even as good as Snakebite let alone the best player in the game. Snakebite dropped a giant poop on nV in that series whereas Huke fell back down a notch like he typically does against that roster (this isn't a knock, it just reaffirms the strength of the four on Optic).

I agree with your first point immensely. It reminds me of Dennis Rodman from the Bulls where his job was to only get alot rebounds, get a few blocks and defend. Well, Royal 2's job is to slay alot, get a few assists and cap a few flags.

Might seem weird to talk about roles in 2017, but Royal 2 is one of those exceptions in which you can clearly see he is the true main slayer on Optic and his main job is to get kills and let Dadbite cap his flags for him.

To be fair we were probably at 250k with twitter.

But how many millions were watching in the arena?

To be fair we were probably at 250k with twitter.

at the very least, maybe even 500k!

trust me bro

Not to get too political but who is the real bad guy in that situation, the person coming over looking for work, or the person that hires them? 

Cratos.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Alright, back to school TB fam missed this placed and you degenerates.

Wedding in 5 weeks, followed by another semester, I'll be MIA for a while, but I'll always be back for more Halo.

Let's just hope next time I return MLG will be here or at the very least major changes happen.

Don't leave Vin :mj:

• Upvote (+1) 2

Ola has been their weakest link three tourneys in a row now in their biggest matches. You got to wonder if they would improve with a style change. He plays significantly slower than the rest.

Theres no way they just get better sticking together, when they bootcamped and grinded so long for this tourney.

Envy is capped to needing Optic to play BELOW their level in order to win.  Its simply the truth.  Those four players are all good, but its clear when Optic is playing their game that there isn't a question in terms of which roster is superior.  That is why guys like Pistola, Mikwen, and even Huke seem to "under-perform" when they run into Optic firing on all cylinders.

• Upvote (+1) 2

why is this not on twitch.. the hell. Man I will give some fire feedback

Cost more money? The camera they're using on Facebook is pretty low quality

Guys i just got some intel from my mate in the studio, theyre going to Partner with MLG for next worlds, NA qualification, and open LANs between each pro league season!

Plus worlds starts at 1.5 million! 

lol jk

• Downvote (-1) 1

Alright, back to school TB fam missed this placed and you degenerates.

Wedding in 5 weeks, followed by another semester, I'll be MIA for a while, but I'll always be back for more Halo.

Let's just hope next time I return MLG will be here or at the very least major changes happen.

Good seeing you here Vin. Haven't seen you on GAF since like H5 launch.

• Upvote (+1) 1

"Not to get too political but allow me to get really political."

• Upvote (+1) 8

I love all of the players on NV. I've watched snipedown and ola play for about 10 years now. But the 'worlds' optic is just too good.

Personally I'd love to see NV add another young God to play alongside huke. The kid had nearly 20 kills on plaza slayer and the next player had 10 I believe it was mikwen. I know it's just one game but that's kind of how it goes for nv sometimes.

Whether they make a change or not is fine with me. But optic at full power is still clearly the best team.

Even tho Nv lost, I still think Huke is the best player in Halo, he did his best to carry, just came up short.

Switch Royal 2 for Huke and that's a downgrade for Nv, I truly believe that, Royal 2 to me seems like he's a product of the way Optic plays as a unit whereas the success of Nv is a result of Huke, kid just makes plays.

Ola is a nice guy so I say this begrudgingly but if they drop him for Eco they might be able to beat Optic consistently.

royal 2 had the highest k/d of the tourney at 1.6. it was 2.1 in just the first two days. and again, slayer =/= player. the best all around player in the game is snakebite. 2nd highest k/d at worlds with 1.38, clutch obj work, the mastermind behind all those comebacks and perfectly timed pushes. any other answer at this point is invalid

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Both. Lol.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2