CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Even tho Nv lost, I still think Huke is the best player in Halo, he did his best to carry, just came up short.

Switch Royal 2 for Huke and that's a downgrade for Nv, I truly believe that, Royal 2 to me seems like he's a product of the way Optic plays as a unit whereas the success of Nv is a result of Huke, kid just makes plays.

Ola is a nice guy so I say this begrudgingly but if they drop him for Eco they might be able to beat Optic consistently.

Dadbite>Huke

• Upvote (+1) 2

I booked Monday off work because I thought it was going to be a late one.... Its 11:45

10 minutes until Grease 2 on Channel 4, the night has just begun.

• Upvote (+1) 6

I don't really think there's a member of NV you can drop.

Individual skill isn't whats separating teams anymore

dropping Pistola and Mikwen for Rayne and Penguin would be an enormous upgrade for nV

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 4

Even tho Nv lost, I still think Huke is the best player in Halo, he did his best to carry, just came up short.

Switch Royal 2 for Huke and that's a downgrade for Nv, I truly believe that, Royal 2 to me seems like he's a product of the way Optic plays as a unit whereas the success of Nv is a result of Huke, kid just makes plays.

Ola is a nice guy so I say this begrudgingly but if they drop him for Eco they might be able to beat Optic consistently.

How can you watch this and say that? Huke choked THREE times. One time with the flag that possibly cost them the win.

Snakebite however was better then god himself.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

So. nV? Sticking together or not?

I think they should. To be honest, Ola had a well below average event. Snipedown had games where he dominated and had flashes of brilliance, but others in which he kept misplaying and commiting too many mistakes. Huke and Mikwen were by far the two best players on nV this weekend.

However, I do think that Huke had a very sub-par finals performance with multiple shaky plays, while mikwen's gameplay also did dip in the finals.

Tl;dr: Half of the team was always amazing all the way up to finals, and almost no one one on nV showed up in the finals.

• Upvote (+1) 2

INB4

H3A.

Flame, Maniac, FiS, and Assault/Cloud

Reclaim OpTic org.

Win everything.

Get taken down by a reformed team of Naded,snipedown,ola,and 2gre.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Thank you to everyone that posted this weekened, i enjoyed reading all of it and happy i have a place to come for competitive halo, peace guys!

• Upvote (+1) 6

I think what is important to remember about Huke is that the guy has only been playing Halo for ~2 years. He's an incredibly talented player and absolutely a young god but sometimes experience trumps ability, especially when it comes to controlling your nerves in a Grand Finals.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I booked Monday off work because I thought it was going to be a late one.... Its 11:45

Same, i was expecting to still be awake at 6am.  

• Upvote (+1) 1

Royal 2 plays his role perfectly.  Huke is nice, but get real...he's not even as good as Snakebite let alone the best player in the game.  Snakebite dropped a giant poop on nV in that series whereas Huke fell back down a notch like he typically does against that roster (this isn't a knock, it just reaffirms the strength of the four on Optic).

We could see different players step up with the new radar though.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yeah, racists remarks aren't cool....go figure?

Build the wall is not a racist remark. It's a political remark involving laws being broken.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 19

Are the current 12 best players in the game on OG, nV and Liquid? I can't really see any way the rosters can improve from the other teams

Renegade and Shotzzy have the potential to be top 10 players ... as much as I hate to say it, Ola is the most replaceable player on nV.  

• Upvote (+1) 3

>Naded

>Winning an event

:lxthul:

If it's going to happen it will happen with h3. Not h5.

The guy needs to go out with a bang.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think they should. To be honest, Ola had a well below average event. Snipedown had games where he dominated and had flashes of brilliance, but others in which he kept misplaying and commiting too many mistakes. Huke and Mikwen were by far the two best players on nV this weekend.

However, I do think that Huke had a very sub-par finals performance with multiple shaky plays, while mikwen's gameplay also did dip in the finals.

Tl;dr: Half of the team was always amazing all the way up to finals, and almost no one one on nV showed up in the finals.

Ola has been their weakest link three tourneys in a row now in their biggest matches. You got to wonder if they would improve with a style change. He plays significantly slower than the rest.

Theres no way they just get better sticking together, when they bootcamped and grinded so long for this tourney.