CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

The new settings in Arena are a lot better but still quite lacking. The random silenced ARS are just kind of odd.. the needler on The Rig is just another odd choice.

I think the next step in making the settings funner to play and watch is getting rid of auto starting weapons. Have them as pickup weapons in out of the way areas only.

I think that's 10x more important than radar.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

man you know you fucked up when even snakebite, the dude known for being calm and collected, is throwing snark at you on streams

• Upvote (+1) 2

Wonder what the story is with Ace/APG not scrimming with Roybox tonight? Probably just a logistical reason OR:

Str8 Rippin org is pissed about possibly losing their team and exerting pressure / convincing APG and possibly Ace that they're better off with Heinz (and maybe Commonly as new fourth) than going to EG (personally, I also believe this, but am a biased Heinz fan).

They probably just haven't recovered from Vegas or w/e. Give em a few days man they'll be on the grind again  :kappa:

I never said it was a top esport (tier 1), merely that it should be a higher tier than Halo. It doesn't matter what it was a few years ago it's still beating Halo in:

• Total Prize money
  • Number of major tournaments
  • Number of different organizers interested (i.e. not developer backed)
  • Average major tournament viewership
  • Interest in different geographical esports regions

I'm not trying to be a debby downer, just looking at things from an objective perspective - the above are the things we work towards. Now you're going to watch this meme video and forget this conversation ever happened.

Upvoted because That Poppy always deserves an upvote

• Upvote (+1) 1

Update on that scrim with the twins with Trippey and Renegade? Don't think any of them are streaming. 

It ended 10-9 in favor of Roybox/Trippey/Renegade. The other team was Bubu/Shooter/Devon/Falcated.

• Upvote (+1) 6

if this new ability radar is the same range as the current radar its useless and we're going to have worlds be played on shit settings for no reason when we can just turn off radar.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It ended 10-9 in favor of Roybox/Trippey/Renegade. The other team was Bubu/Shooter/Devon/Falcated.

Anyone stream?

https://clips.twitch.tv/spartanthedogg/TenderFrogCorgiDerp

Who decided to let Spartan do a drinking stream?

You have got to feel for him. Who actually saw them dropping Spartan? To me he was one of the main reasons they made to finals and was surely the driving force that led them to reverse sweep Str8.

Not to take anything away from the rest of them of course but damn, it seemed out of the blue for us, must have been brutal for him.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think the chances of bubu/shooter not teaming with a To2 are slim to none. The only way it happens is if Suspector/Cratos split, which I only see happening if LG grabs 2 of Spartan/Suspector/El town

You have got to feel for him. Who actually saw them dropping Spartan? To me he was one of the main reasons they made to finals and was surely the driving force that led them to reverse sweep Str8.

Not to take anything away from the rest of them of course but damn, it seemed out of the blue for us, must have been brutal for him.

Commonly said Spartan was not dropped. Honestly though, we shouldn't speculate about this kind of stuff without any knowledge of the personal stuff behind the scenes. I'd bet skill had little to do with it.

• Upvote (+1) 6

If there is one AM that deserved a chance at the pro league is Trippy. Not even a big fan but anyone who has watched his gameplay or scrims last few months knows the kid goes off. His biggest issue in the past is tilting but he seems to have calmed down last few months. Really think he is number 1 AM available. Also why is Contra not scrimming with ALG? He streamed for like 15 hours wonder if that had to do with it. Maybe he was just asleep? Feel like that team is not nearly as good without him. Hate him or love him hes an unreal player. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Commonly said Spartan was not dropped. Honestly though, we shouldn't speculate about this kind of stuff without any knowledge of the personal stuff behind the scenes. I'd bet skill had little to do with it.

Yeah you are right, guess we have been hearing conflicting things and not fully knowing the story.

I don't know what's truly different but i'm seriously enjoying the game again. The custom games browser breaks up the stress of playing ranked and it's all a lot more seamless than I expected. Also, haven't played Stasis once  :weback: ?

I don't know what's truly different but i'm seriously enjoying the game again. The custom games browser breaks up the stress of playing ranked and it's all a lot more seamless than I expected. Also, haven't played Stasis once :weback: ?

This. I have been playing 1-2 hours every day since the update. I also play customs octagon before every session. I just fire up the game and lobby fills up in no time without me inviting anyone. Awesome.