CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Marketing megablocks toys to an esports audience is about as out of touch as its possible to get

as a parent who grew up with halo, ad is relevant to me. i'll defend this b/c im sure a lot of us were in highschool when halo launched 15 years ago. ad is relevant to those who want to share it with our kids. may not be the #1 choice to sponsor hwc, but its not too dumb

• Upvote (+1) 5

Seeing the X-Games event again reminds me, Why do we not have booths at every event let alone this event...

Aren't they used to block out crowd noise? Don't really seem necessary with a crowd of 30 people.

• Upvote (+1) 3

i'm assuming they wanted to save this video for an actual nv vs optic match, but they were running out of material with this forever delay

wonder if we'll get to see it all again

• Upvote (+1) 1

I actually hate this thought process. Adding ""real" LAN to the game wouldn't fix the issue at all. The way it is working now it is connected wired straight into the server which means that it should have <1ms ping to the server. That's LAN. The only difference between connecting to a local server and connecting straight to the other boxes is that with a server nobody gets host, which is actually better than normal LAN. God knows Gears 1 could have used this shit. Adding LAN as we remember it won't fix anything.

Which means one of two things.

1: Heavy aim isn't happening at all and players are imagining it, which is possible.

2: Heavy aim is in no way affected by latency, which means even having all 8 players playing 8 player splitscreen wouldn't fix it.

Adding LAN support means you dont have to bring dev kits running alpha code and servers to run a proper event. If an xbox isnt working right, you can plug in a new one and go.

It also means ANYONE can hold tournaments without fear that a net outage or xbl outage will crash the entire event.

The lack of LAN is certainly part of the problem

• Upvote (+1) 5

Aren't they used to block out crowd noise? Don't really seem necessary with a crowd of 30 people.

Yeah you got a point man LOL but i dont think X-Games had that many spectators either but im not sure.

This HCS rival vid is solid but narrator is a snooze

And they put game 5 instead of game 7 when showing XGames

• Upvote (+1) 2

I hate to be that guy but I feel like all the bad karma from 343i over the years finally hit this weekend. I'm not saying I'm happy, but after being lied to about "free Halo 4 DLC" bs, MCC being broken years later, ignored by the devs, and finally half-assing this venue. You can't help but laugh and be sad at the same time.

Feel really bad for the production, fans and players though - hope we finish strong.

Oh lord are you talking about the 14 Day Buy and Play DLC where they couldn't just admit they released a DLC for free and instead fabricated a lie about how it was a "trial"

• Upvote (+1) 1

yeah i'm sure twitter is paying microsoft money to broadcast this shit show LOL

you are a bad troll

esl and twitter have a partnership and that's the big reason why it's being streamed on twitter

So there is money exchanged in this partnership? ESL is providing free content LUL

Stick to running twitter with stats for a dead game. Thinking might not be for you.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 8

I'm out for the next hour, props to whoever is making me not missing any matches.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Hey guys, remember when you could just plug in an ethernet cord into the back of your Xboxes and it would just work?

But that 60fps is so important.

60fps is more important than LAN.

Although having both would obviously be best.

Cannot apologise enough gents, totally beyond our control but resolving as quickly as humanly possible.

What's the issue?
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Adding LAN support means you dont have to bring dev kits running alpha code and servers to run a proper event. If an xbox isnt working right, you can plug in a new one and go.

It also means ANYONE can hold tournaments without fear that a net outage or xbl outage will crash the entire event.

The lack of LAN is certainly part of the problem

The lack of LAN has nothing to do with the delays though. It also has nothing to do with plugging in a new box. They have more than those 8 boxes on site, hell they probably have more than the 16 needed for both stations. They can plug those bad boys in.

Obviously actual LAN is good for grassroots tournies that they don't want to support (G4G anyone?), but again it isn't related to any of the problems this weekend.