CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

This whole blue side fiasco brings the integrity of the entire event into question if one side was playing on a disadvantage all weekend long.

Didn't stop optic when they were blue vs liquid :lxthul:
  • Upvote (+1) 8

At least they are coming through with clutch content during the break, and twitch numbers do not seem to be dipping. Can't wait to get back to the series!

• Upvote (+1) 1

This is deserved. Let them keep fucking today up and get all the negative press. Then maybe finally some heads will roll. #TeamFrank

• Upvote (+1) 6

Just restart the series at this point, its not fair to either team.

So to be fair to both teams, Envy should give up a 2-0 lead they gained while at a disadvantage? 

• Upvote (+1) 8

I hate to be that guy but I feel like all the bad karma from 343i over the years finally hit this weekend. I'm not saying I'm happy, but after being lied to about "free Halo 4 DLC" bs, MCC being broken years later, ignored by the devs, and finally half-assing this venue. You can't help but laugh and be sad at the same time.

Feel really bad for the production, fans and players though - hope we finish strong.

Agree with you there, and that's only about 10% of it too lol

This is deserved. Let them keep fucking today up and get all the negative press. Then maybe finally some heads will roll. #TeamFrank

You sweet, sweet, baby boy. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Has 343 ever said why they didn't want to incorporate LAN into H5?

To build in p2p support, the game would have to be coded to allot a portion of the cpu to hosting duties.

The speculation that the 60fps mandate robbed the time and attention that would have been required to make it happen.

They felt dedicated servers would be a valid trade off since the market at large has been moving away from local mp

• Upvote (+1) 1

So to be fair to both teams, Envy should give up a 2-0 lead they gained while at a disadvantage? 

Oh come on, they had time to warm up on the station and bring up the issue before the series started, if it was present then.

Starting the series over would be a joke though.

Well you could incorporate LAN into the game but you know....

We have to have some kind of complex science experiment at the events to simulate LAN and it still has major issues. 

I actually hate this thought process. Adding ""real" LAN to the game wouldn't fix the issue at all. The way it is working now it is connected wired straight into the server which means that it should have <1ms ping to the server. That's LAN. The only difference between connecting to a local server and connecting straight to the other boxes is that with a server nobody gets host, which is actually better than normal LAN. God knows Gears 1 could have used this shit. Adding LAN as we remember it won't fix anything.

Which means one of two things.

1: Heavy aim isn't happening at all and players are imagining it, which is possible.

2: Heavy aim is in no way affected by latency, which means even having all 8 players playing 8 player splitscreen wouldn't fix it.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Dude you misinterpreted that so hard. He said that production didn't care since it was iM playing and not a top team when they complained about it. Production said play on.

Oh i got it. Im saying, these players shouldnt be complaining about what went down in the middle of the series AFTER THEY LOST. If that happens to me at a 1 million dollar tournament, im getting up and leaving the stage until its fixed or they can tell everyone on stream why our team forfeited a match. 

Im not saying the players are at fault for broken equipment but dont be such a pussy about it as if it were just some local tournament for $500 bucks. If there was ever a time to hold people accountable, now is the time. Not when youre already eliminated. Its almost pointless to complain after the fact because whoever is running the event is gonna feel like it went flawlessly and that its acceptable to run future events in the same way.

Dickbutt

I have an awesome cold and this just made me laugh with a kindergarten snot bubble! Thanks?

Honest question, what happend to crowd funding for this event?

Crowd funding is going to be used for the two Pro League final events.