CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Canadian CoD championship has got a bigger venue than HCS Worlds smh. https://twitter.com/MWeSports/status/846052786966069248

Aren't they doing these in Cineplex theaters? And isn't one of their "esports" at these events one of the Lego games? Embarrassing that this shit has bigger venues than us. Even more embarassing that a movie theater is a bigger venue than ESL's studios. I guess ESL couldn't find a nearby theater to rent out.

Axeltoss has come a long way, I remember him doing the weekly Starcraft II streams for MLG and cringing the whole time. Very good presence at the desk.

I don't think it can be understated just how great the gameplay is that Halo can shine through these setbacks.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Marketing megablocks toys to an esports audience is about as out of touch as its possible to get

Well it made Greenskull go to the event, it's working. :lxthul:

• Upvote (+1) 6

Props to camera operator doing their best to hide the far side of the tent. 

• Upvote (+1) 6

Marketing megablocks toys to an esports audience is about as out of touch as its possible to get

I guarantee you most of the people who bought the toy guns are adults
  • Upvote (+1) 1

"There's that one Liquid fan! There's one Liquid fan! We found him! We found him!"

LOL :D 

• Upvote (+1) 5

you know, you actually have to give MASSIVE credit to the production and talent staff, they've made the best out of a really bad situation. 

The casting, analysis, breakdowns and downtime have been at the most professional level possible, i haven't cringed once even when they are in the tent.

Good shit guys.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Axeltoss has come a long way, I remember him doing the weekly Starcraft II streams for MLG and cringing the whole time. Very good presence at the desk.

I don't think it can be understated just how great the gameplay is that Halo can shine through these setbacks.

He's a good host, doesn't know a lot about Halo but can keep the conversation going with just general talk.

I enjoy watching him do RLCS stuff as well.

• Upvote (+1) 2

lmao they told everyone to sit together. 

mega bloks sponsors these events, they are paying for those ads 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Sorry for my ignorance, still out of the loop - are there events where amateur teams compete with the pro teams through brackets like older tournaments?  

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's just Halo products. That's the least of the HCS' problems if you can even call it that. Although they could probably expand their merch to more HCS oriented items