CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

stupid poll is stupid. Having MLG run the show is just like putting lipstick on a pig. Halo 5 is a crap game and no amount of flash from MLG can change that. It's time for a new developer, new game, and new settings, and for the love of God, get the game comp on PC!

I don't understand you. You say you want Halo to be great again, but then say you want the game to move to PC.  Halo is, imo, THE console esports game. I get that PC has a bigger crowd, and you may even be right that Halo would be good/successful on PC...but if you put it on PC then the competitive side can only be on the pc or the xbox, not both.

The big downside to all the twitter nonsense, is some people can't tell the difference between trashing the choice of venue and production and trashing the Halo scene. This gameplay is fucking insanely good and entertaining.

• Upvote (+1) 3

If I woke up at 10am PST and trudged down to a tent in the middle of nowhere to watch FFA I wouldn't be liable for my actions.

Anyone know when Losers Bracket Finals is? The schedule on ESL only shows when nV/Str8 is

Honestly Frank is the type of guy who you feel so close to just ignoring but then you realize you'll miss the nuggets of gold he can drop and keep listening to him

This is one of his nuggets of gold

Throw enough shit at a wall & something will stick

• Upvote (+1) 2

Yeah. It's doing great, dude. Flag ship franchise out of the top 20 most played on the only platform it was released on. lmfao. The "normal" game is doing terribly.

the game is 1 1/2 years old

the last major update was months ago

the game is above games like The Division or Star Wars Battlefront

​(both Top 10 best selling games in their release year)

sure that is only terrible.

​Halo 2 and 3 were still played daily by millions 2 years after launch, i suspect

What's everyones go to meal for Champ sunday? Cant decide what to get for the games today

I don't understand you. You say you want Halo to be great again, but then say you want the game to move to PC.  Halo is, imo, THE console esports game. I get that PC has a bigger crowd, and you may even be right that Halo would be good/successful on PC...but if you put it on PC then the competitive side can only be on the pc or the xbox, not both.

COD is THE console esports game and has been for at least 7 years. And yes, PC comp ONLY. The console kiddies can still play the campaign though.  

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 7

back to worlds

i like NV as a team, what i dont like is this constant overhype from a caster standpoint that has made this whole tournament about them. and it's not just because they are sleeping on optic. the series liquid had against OG was much closer then the series score suggests. and we're immediately counting liquid out against NV when they have yet to beat them on lan since fall finals? all because nv sweeped the same teams liquid and optic already demolished, most of which were literal who's besides LG?

that whole wbf had me nervous as liquid were 1/2 good plays from taking games

The big downside to all the twitter nonsense, is some people can't tell the difference between trashing the choice of venue and production and trashing the Halo scene. This gameplay is fucking insanely good and entertaining.

Couldn't agree more :'(

• Upvote (+1) 1

:kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 3

Anyone know when Losers Bracket Finals is? The schedule on ESL only shows when nV/Str8 is

It would follow that series.

i am dubious more than i am hopeful

really nasty past couple of pages on here

staying away for at least an hour, and we'll see after that

https://twitter.com/TwitterGaming/status/846044298579623936

The personal attacks are just uncalled for and the generalIzing and mobbing of everyone not in line sucks.

Mods are content to remove my posts mocking people making a tier list. But won't remove direct attacks or people saying everyone they disagree with is a shill or worse.

Kind of a theme. Some harassment is okay but only if the mods agree with it.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Yeah once the owner of one of the largest eSports organizations in the world calls out your company's b.s. decisions you know you've fucked up. If this is how our community's voice needs to be heard then that is an A+ any day. If this is the catalyst of change then we as a community need to ride this momentum and continue to fight for the highest standard in professional Halo. The more voices we have the stronger we get and i don't care what anyone says but @@FrankTheShow is a forum hero.

flag2.jpg

No offense to Frank, but he had zero impact on Hecz making his statements. He also did it in a much more volatile way. Hecz, however, made a very well thought out/spoken statement while making it very clear he isn't trashing the Halo scene itself. He even specifically says the Halo players deserve better, and was careful not to personally attack them. People will at least possibly listen to criticism like that, they generally won't respond to  mean spirited memes (whether they deserve them or not, which they do)

• Upvote (+1) 4

the game is above games like The Division or Star Wars Battlefront

fuckin lol