CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I like the fact that H3CZ absolutely shitted on Halo/343 for this diabolical setup of a $1mill World Championship. This should be a massive wake up call for the cunts over @343.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 5

What is really sad is the fact that we knew this was going to happen, months ago. It's like watching a slow moving train coming towards you and yet you can't do shit about it.  :mj:

OT : I expect nV to go to grand finals, only to get steamrolled by Optic in a 4-0.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Oh ya. Totally forgot to mention splitscreen. Which is huge.

Halo has really just lost that party game fps feel that it used to pull off so well.

Halo 5 is the first halo game since H3 where i did not attend a "launch lan" party with friends.  Truly sad.

So this new Xbox Arena thing that is about to lunch is "powered" by ESL. Is this the reason for the MLG snub? Because Microsoft and ESL are joined at the hip in all ventures?

This would make sense. Because then Halo would just be a necessary throw in and thus treated like it.

Nah.  GoW is a first party game and they are using MLG.  Thats not it. IN fact, i am fine with ESL staying involved in Halo.  Just let them handle the online stuff, and let MLG handle the lan stuff while lending some of the ESL talent to MLG for events.

bye bye quinn

What does he have to do with any of this? Literally nothing.

Oh I feel so damn good.

THIS is the frank we need. Bravo on this one.

That drive by shot of the event in h3cz's vlog looked like a home being fumigated for termites.

XCBMKo.gif

I can't tell if you are being sarcastic or not. It's really messing with my mind.
  • Upvote (+1) 7

We've always known that 343 is incompetent, but now the rest of the general public knows as well. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Lethul saves Halo, Optic picks up Lethul, Optic makes Halo great again?

Hecz is the man. I'm not confident anyone at MS/343 cares enough to listen, but if anyone can make something happen for Halo sports, it's the dude behind the Optic brand.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Interesting that he doesn't place blame on ESL there

HCS picked ESL, they shoulder the blame.

Exactly - I think its really important to remember this in our criticism of the event. At the end of the day, 343 signed off on this event. Sure, ESL dropped the ball picking the venue but 343 are the ones who said 'good enough, lets do it' rather than 'this isn't acceptable, try again'. ESL do run fantastic events, as Hecz says in his vlog, and overall the production of this event ​given what they had to work with​ has been almost flawless. Halo/343 set the budget, they sign off on the venue, they say 'good enough' when they should say 'hell no'. That's who we need to be demanding answers from on Monday.  

• Upvote (+1) 2

Hecz' blog would come out while visiting the mother during Mothers Day. Forget a nice film lets watch a team owner destroy 343, happy Mothers Day!

• Upvote (+1) 1

I get being pissed at the venue but calling 343 cunts? Really?

They're the reason why our scene is considered a joke rn. They embarrassed the Halo scene as well as the whole console esports scene. They deserve it. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

THIS IS IN THE UK

American bros, we are in the clear. Almost scared me for a second.

My plan almost worked, you have foiled me.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Interesting that he doesn't place blame on ESL there

I made a post before about this but I agree with him.

343 made a decision to start the HCS and HWC. If it fails it's absolutely on them because they didn't make sure certain standards are met. Obviously ESL made some questionable decisions but when they decided to hold Worlds at their studios, 343 could have absolutely said no and helped locate a better venue.

Instead they agreed to it and didn't see anything wrong with the decision. That's a company who either doesn't understand what their fans want, or doesn't care.

So this new Xbox Arena thing that is about to lunch is "powered" by ESL. Is this the reason for the MLG snub? Because Microsoft and ESL are joined at the hip in all ventures?

This would make sense. Because then Halo would just be a necessary throw in and thus treated like it.

Nah ESL is just an early partner. Devs are free to work with and TO, hence Gears with MLG

Honestly - at what point, or what other evidence is needed for Microsoft to finally take Halo away from 343?

I dont get why they continue to believe in these people.  Its remarkable.  In the end I guess it really must come down to day 1 sales #s, and anything after that is pretty much, "Do what you want 343."

No accountability at all within the organization. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

The problem is that in the past we have seem how stubborn some of the 343i employees can be and with stubborn people getting called out like this just makes them even more stubborn and refuse to own up.

I'm hoping that with how big this has gotten they suck it up and accept that not everything they do is perfect.

Who was it that came in here a few days after the location was announced and said that there would be room for around 300 people in the main stage area?

• Upvote (+1) 2