CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Did Up to Speed get posted yet? 

Really interesting episode, looks like Towey may be done with coaching :( Twins still unsure on their future as well.

it was posted in the middle of some games yesterday, but I don't think too many people noticed.

the interviews with Roybox were before the LCQ, and even then, their body language and general vibe = they're 99% quitting H5 if they don't make worlds.  if I'm not mistaken, Towey literally said (near the end) that he had already taken a mgmt position within EG and might still coach a Halo team that had Roybox on it (which almost certainly won't happen).

Roybox had an incredible decade, I'd say it's time to focus on real life stuff, no shame in that ...

• Upvote (+1) 1

Finally caught up.. missed the last two series of the night. Seems like I may of missed a good one in Str8/Spylce. 

Just wanted to say, the Greenskull comment "gotta start slow" was probably one the dumbest things I've read on the internet in recent memory. 

As for the wakeup calls.. I don't think we will be so lucky. 343 was given a trilogy, I think MS will weather the storm until that trilogy is finished. The restructuring of 343 will come in a complete wipe and a new developer will be handed the keys to the kingdom. Halo 6 is set to not reinvent, reboot, or reset Halo 5.. so for those who don't like it fundamentally, I'm sorry but you will find no salvation on this ring.

Here's to hoping they at least fix heavy aim in H6; but I seriously have my doubts in their competency to do so. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yeah, I dropped a couple bucks on it. It sounds diabolically cunty, but putting ultra-exclusive weapon skins basically behind a paywall is the way to go seemingly. CSGO and H1Z1 do it.

Add more interesting weapon skins (animated stuff would be cool- imagine an animated FB skin :fire:) and make them really hard to get. Like, people thinking "I'd rather just spend a couple bucks to try and get this than grind" hard to get.

I think the biggest difference between CoD and halo is that the Req packs for halo are primarily there for warzone. I think making it harder to get weapons for warzone would really turn off the casual community. (And let's face it, that's what 343 really cares about) The game then becomes a pay-to-win.

However! I would not be against them selling packs where you would only get skins/armor. Treat them like the team packs or even like the limited edition packs that cost 100,000 req points to get.

Venue aside I've really enjoyed the stream, the content, the casters, the high quality matches, all top drawer.

We have so much potential to grow but unfortunately we are being held back by a lacklustre game, a dev thats far too slow to react and make the necessary changes required for the competitive scene, then you've got ESL with the constant poor decisions like the one to use this venue. Always 2 steps forward 1 step back.

This thread is seriously turning into a cesspool.  You guys think you do no wrong here and are the absolute right in all things Halo.  Get a grip - you aren't.  I watched Halo on twitch yesterday for about 6 hours of my day and loved every second of it.  It is why I still play and will continue to play Halo probably until I die.  I come on here to see some discussions and predictions and all i see is bitching and whining over some cherry-picked troll photos of an overflow tent.  Sure the venue could be better but why the fuck can't this place pull its head out of its own vagina and actually be a place where people WANT to come and talk about Halo.  You aren't getting Halo CE, 2, or 3 back.  If you are ok with being a dying community who hangs onto that and lets all your negativity and rage show face then good luck.  MediaBrute, Moses, and a few others are the main reasons I still keep this site book-marked but now I have to wade through pages of shit to see anything relevant to actually promoting the Halo... which is FINE by the way unless you didn't notice 20k + viewers on a console exclusive.  The Doc would slice every one of you chubby cheek, bad breath, punk kids up and get this forum back into shape.

Its about time a 343 employee is transparent with us.  That Premium aint fooling nobody brother! 

giphy.gif

• Upvote (+1) 2

Buffing the pistol to 4s but lowering the ROF (assuming it's a proportional increase and decrease) will actually do the opposite of combat autos. If you basically put down the same damage over time, but in larger, less frequent increments, missing one shot with the pistol loses you more ground than missing one with the five shot pistol (and a faster ROF).

That's why the carbine is so good. The damage is being put out rapidly in small increments, so if you miss a shot 1) it's not as much damage lost and 2) you can make up for it more quickly.

Not proportional.I'd overall have the new perfect killtime at 1.1 or 1.Honestly if they just bumped the damage to 4 shots that would work too.I'm primarily concerned about the pistol becoming a spammy weapon with a change like this.

As a Halo fan for 10+ years:

It sucks that Halo's biggest event of 2017 has been reduced to a deflated balloon carnival meme, and ridiculed across mainstream eSports.

The worst part about it for me is that the venue issue was more than likely completely avoidable if it was simply planned in advance.

Unfathomable that an adequate venue wouldn't be secured with 1 year to plan. Any metropolitan area has numerous convention halls with adequate specs.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So this new Xbox Arena thing that is about to lunch is "powered" by ESL. Is this the reason for the MLG snub? Because Microsoft and ESL are joined at the hip in all ventures?

This would make sense. Because then Halo would just be a necessary throw in and thus treated like it.

I'm rooting for Str8 to play well today and upset NV in a game 7, thats all i can wish for, would be epic!

same

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yeah, nothing suspicious when his bro and team owner works for ESL  :simms:

• Upvote (+1) 5

Imagine going to your first Halo event as a team owner and showing up at a Jiffy Lube.