CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Also, throwing it out there, I have very few qualms about the spartan abilities we have now. If anything, I'd make it so spartan charge does zero damage. A lot of players use this as a tool to get out of trouble or to get across the map quickly. Also, it still has a role in actual combat as a way to stun an opponent, but it doesn't make it completely unfair if you do happen to be sprinting and get the jump on someone. Outright removing it works, but I'd like to see it tested with no damage as well. The only other change I'd make it reducing splash damage and aim assist on ground pound. They're pretty easy to pull off, so making it a bit harder to get a ground pound kill would make it more impressive. While there are a lot of people calling for 343 to go back to basic FPS, I think there's a lot of people that like the current movement system and want to see 343 improve on it rather than abandon it.

It's so irritating because a couple tweak here and there and halo 5 would be amazing (evolved settings).And even if 343 didn't want to remove their precious sprint and Spartan charge there are a couple fixes that would make this game so much better.

1:Reduce aim assist on spartan charge

2:Strafe acceleration increased

3:proving grounds radar

4: decrease br's overall aim assist

5:buff pistol to 4sk but reduce rof

6:fix aim(this is the one on this list that would require some serious work)

7:reduce pistol bullet magnetism

8:remove nade hitmarkers

9: Splinter stun effect removed

10: melee lunge reduced

You now have a game that while not quite halo can now stand on it's competitive merit.

thoughts on the overflow tent:

If your venue is tiny, you need to make sure any accommodations are lit AF

Give that overflow tent 2 projected screens for Alpha and Bravo stream.

Put 2 giant tv's next to each of those, stacked on top of one another for Red and Blue Omniview

someone mans the tent all the time switching the audio between the streams depending on which one is playing/more lit.

Have free drinks

My hopes are that the higher ups now need to do damage control on this and perhaps invest more into the esports scene.

Either at MS, or higher at 343, something needs to change. Fork out the money for a new management team and MLG

There's a clear benefit and ROI for having a large esports scene associated with your big IP franchises (ROI if done right, which Halo is not. This is what you're seeing it with CoD and MLG.

Maybe the problem is that the ESL/343 people are too nice. They try to please everyone, then they get people like us criticising them so they stay away and only use the dwindling communities that praise them. Weak. As my parents always said "You can't improve on praise".

Forgive me, I'm a bit melancholic at the moment; my favourite franchise has sprint and ADS and the finals are in a tent.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Why?

Mostly to combat how powerful autos are in this game,and slightly reduce teamshotting.Increasing the rof keeps it from being a spammy weapon.

Maybe the problem is that the ESL/343 people are too nice. They try to please everyone, then they get people like us criticising them so they stay away and only use the dwindling communities that praise them. Weak. As my parents always said "You can't improve on praise".

Forgive me, I'm a bit melancholic at the moment; my favourite franchise has sprint and ADS and the finals are in a tent.

i honestly read that as sprint and AIDs, lmao

• Upvote (+1) 2

My hopes are that the higher ups now need to do damage control on this and perhaps invest more into the esports scene.

Either at MS, or higher at 343, something needs to change. Fork out the money for a new management team and MLG

There's a clear benefit and ROI for having a large esports scene associated with your big IP franchises (ROI if done right, which Halo is not. This is what you're seeing it with CoD and MLG.

After event, look for tweet from Wolfkill saying how amusing everything was.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Halo HAS the potential to be a big eSport, but this is literally 343's last chance. Another rubbish game and I think Halo will be well and truly buried. 

1. Release Halo 6 as a GOOD GAME

- No broken theatre/spectator mode

- Forge on release

- Competitive and Casual settings

So much more needs to happen than that.

- H6 needs to have a great campaign

When Halo was popular it had great campaigns that drew in the masses. Halo's story at this point makes no sense and the campaigns are at best forgettable(I wish I could forget it). H6 needs to get back on track and give people who are not already invested in Halo MP a reason to buy the game.

-H6 needs to be a looker.

It seems like people now forget that CE and H2 were ridiculously gorgeous games. That drew people in too. H4 atleast had this going for it. H5 is one of the ugliest current gen games you can find.

-NO SPRINT

There's a reason practically every single person who understands the intricacies and can articulate why they like/dislike Halo pinpoints sprint as THE issue. I truly believe that even though most players cannot articulate why they dislike newer Halo games, if they could, they would also pinpoint sprint.

-Less generic gamplay design

I don't personally have anything against slide/thrust/GP/Mantling I won't deny that it makes H5 feel incredibly generic and forgettable. Design H6 from the ground up around a fast, sprintless BMS with some new, interesting mechanics to support it. Stop looking at other games as inspiration.

-Deepen the req system

All this unlock stuff is not a fad. It's based on psychology and it is effective. H5's system is weak though. Way too much fluff. Way too much stuff that feels pointless. In a lot of games I have to try hard to stop myself from spending real money. I've never even considered buying req packs in H5.

Just ran through the entire HCS twitter for the last few days, not a single RT for Beyond :mj:

This isn't how you grow or work with the community as little as it may seem.

Do they not like us or something? I don't get it

Holy hell, I wake up and the NeoGAF thread I created on the Venue has 495 posts in less than 24 hours and 51k views

Tons of good memes from there aswell, in addition to the kotaku article 343/MS/ESL is now on blast from the othet side aswell, not just us and the esports community, everyone is now trying to find out why Halo is so shabbily supported

• Upvote (+1) 2

Do they not like us or something? I don't get it

They don't want people to see the truth!

Don't forget the stream is starting off with FFA if you want to get food or something.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Don't forget the stream is starting off with FFA if you want to get food or something.

Are pros competing in the 4v4 allowed to play in the FFA?