CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

343 had something planned with MLG I believe but we haven't heard anything about it past that.

Last we heard "it was a possibility" not "something is planned".

• Upvote (+1) 1

Just got all caught up with the thread after missing a few hours.

Good lord the birthday party memes.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Regionals - Liquid vs Denial, game 7 to Denial

Worlds - Liquid vs Denial, game 5 to Denial

St Louis - Str8 vs Splyce (Inc at time), game 5 to Str8

Worlds - Str8 vs Splyce, game 7 to Str8

As 3/4 of the Str8 roster was the Liquid at worlds, it's good to see them in the winning position this year

• Upvote (+1) 1

He's been working harder than I have ever seen him work in the 10 years I have been watching him play. He's not going down without a fight. Props to all the guys on NV I am truly excited for tomorrow.

lol drop Mikwen...that made me belly laugh.

Can you quote a certain prediction post you made after Vegas? I was gonna bring it to the forefront for the +rep, but eh.

I'm not conceding that at all...maybe I wasn't clear.

So you believe the settings we have now are worse than it was last worlds?

Don't tell me what you want the settings to be. We're directly comparing this year to last year.

I just wanted to say thank you guys so much for the support and kind words so far this weekend. I've been popping in and catching up as much as I can every night & it just reminds me of why I'm still competing. Thanks again guys. We're not done yet hopefully!

You were playing out of your mind in that Splyce series. Cleanest shot I've seen all weekend by far.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Somehow TL, NV, Str8 and OG still top4 3 tournaments in a row.

Pnda was 4th at.vegas

Dev contra should have just kept the str8 sick falcated team. Maybe find 1 if fal goes with bubu. That alg was really good on lan.

I just wanted to say thank you guys so much for the support and kind words so far this weekend. I've been popping in and catching up as much as I can every night & it just reminds me of why I'm still competing. Thanks again guys. We're not done yet hopefully!

Just play fast and you'll be all right. No one here wants NV to win.
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 6

Regionals - Liquid vs Denial, game 7 to Denial

Worlds - Liquid vs Denial, game 5 to Denial

St Louis - Str8 vs Splyce (Inc at time), game 5 to Str8

Worlds - Str8 vs Splyce, game 7 to Str8

As 3/4 of the Str8 roster was the Liquid at worlds, it's good to see them in the winning position this year

Against bubu dubu no less

• Upvote (+1) 1

From the perspective of the guy, a spectator at HWC 2017 (whose last event attended was MLG Columbus 2010. Oh the memories):

Thank you for telling the truth. Looking forward to what you have to say tomorrow. 

From the perspective of the guy, a spectator at HWC 2017 (whose last event attended was MLG Columbus 2010. Oh the memories):

Arrived at 8:45, like 8th in line. Everyone got let in at like 9:40, we had to go to the back of the line because we hadn't attended yesterday and didn't have passes, finally got in and they just checked our name, gave us passes.

The viewing tent isn't great, definitely not why I drove 5 hours and paid $60. B stream was probably the biggest disappointment, just the one small screen in the tent, and you had to actually stand up by it if you wanted audio.

Main stage has 60 normal seats, 30 legendary pass seats, and 30 player/VIP reserved seats. It's pretty cramped, but we definitely got hyped at times. If you got a seat, you better not give it up, it took us like 3-4 hours to get back in.

Overall it's just kind of disheartening. I'm glad I'm here, I'll always love watching good halo live. I hope a strong message is sent, and instead of just pumping money into prize pools, we get funding for amazing events and spectator experiences. Ignoring MLG's experience, not only as a TO, but with Halo specifically, is unwise.

Here's to an awesome Championship Sunday. Stay passionate, beyond.

Thanks for your POV. Refreshing to read something that hasnt devolved into "WOW IT LOOKS LIKE A BIRTHDAY PARTY".

• Upvote (+1) 2

I just would like to say the following:

It is extremely telling when we have developers from Gears of War (which we have never done anything for, hosting any tournaments, and hardly any content around) and Staff from MLG (which hasn't hosted Halo on a consistent basis in since the inception of the HCS, years at this point) posting in the Halo World Championship discussion thread.

Meanwhile, 343 (The Halo Studio) has not posted or interacted in months. 

It is almost like if you ignore your eSports community , you might get some backlash. It is just approaching comical levels at this point.

The missed opportunities and potential getting thrown out the window sucks really bad.

At least the matches have been crazy though.

Are people really surprised that the venue sucks? 

ESL has done good work in the past but their handling of Halo has been embarrassing.

I just would like to say the following:

It is extremely telling when we have developers from Gears of War (which we have never done anything for, hosting any tournaments, and hardly any content around) and Staff from MLG (which hasn't hosted Halo on a consistent basis in since the inception of the HCS, years at this point) posting in the Halo World Championship discussion thread.

Meanwhile, 343 (The Halo Studio) has not posted or interacted in months. 

It is almost like if you ignore your eSports community , you might get some backlash. It is just approaching comical levels at this point.

It doesn't make sense. MS has Halo and GoW. Halo was larger than GoW as far as a competitive scene goes. Thus Halo gets the second shittiest tournament organization (excluding the EU guys because they're great) we've experienced and GoW ends up with MLG and a team that actually cares. Suddenly we're playing worlds in a venue where even if you wanted to show up and watch you pretty much get stuck in a tent for overflow since it has seating for 120 people while GoW is putting on nice events at good venues with top tier production value. The problem is obviously the people in charge. Its not because its a console exclusive because a smaller IP and scene under the same company is doing it 100x better at the same time. Passion and experience is obviously required if this is going to work.

We're all still out here trying to watch and support but someone needs to step up and actually do a good job if we're going to grow.

• Upvote (+1) 5