CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

What was this in reference to?

Considering Hecz's & Adam's responses, I feel like it pertains to the venue thing. Could be wrong though, & just coincidental.

Edit: or that, but I find it odd that Hecz retweeted Sundance's tweet as well. Just makes it seem like it's about what happened today, especially since Hecz started the whole thing.

He's been working harder than I have ever seen him work in the 10 years I have been watching him play. He's not going down without a fight. Props to all the guys on NV I am truly excited for tomorrow.

lol drop Mikwen...that made me belly laugh.

He's been playing great. Really hoping they make the loser bracket run to Grand Finals. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

He's been playing great. Really hoping they make the loser bracket run to Grand Finals. 

Me too, they are certainly capable of doing it.

The HWC venue is the number two post on /r/kappa right now. https://www.reddit.com/r/Kappa/comments/61h4si/well_at_least_at_least_sfv_isnt_as_dead_as_this/

I guess it's nice to see the FGC blowing comp Halo up for something other than MLG Las Vegas 2005?

Funny part is these guys think they're growing.

"Gotta start slow"
***** this series and it's competitive scene have been around for over a decade and your attendance numbers are getting bopped by a bunch of poverty old men playing an anime game for ravioli money at a weekly. The delusion in the Halo scene is palpable.

:tear:
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Watching ryanoobs stream really shows how unnecessary and dumb all the shit in H5 is. Halo won't be successful again until 343 realizes that.  

• Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Also watching Ryanoobs stream, and my god is H3 slow. Not just compared to H5, but H2 as well. I wouldn't mind the next Halo being stripped down, I just don't want it H3 slow.

If I remember correctly movement was increased from stock.

• Upvote (+1) 1

NBNS Reach > Halo 5.

Also fuck ESL scamming people for $65 to watch a shitty stream in a tent. I don't think anything is going to change either. 343 is an incompetent developer and for some reason ESL is still in the scene.

Gonna disagree with you at the start. Halo 5 is a good game. 343 and ESL suck in regards to everything else though. Never forget the MCC launch.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Also watching Ryanoobs stream, and my god is H3 slow. Not just compared to H5, but H2 as well. I wouldn't mind the next Halo being stripped down, I just don't want it to be H3 slow.

If I remember correctly movement was increased from stock.

Apparently H3's movement speed is exactly the same as H1 and H2 and the 10% boost in MLG settings actually makes it faster. The "slow" movement is a side effect of the lower fov. Regardless of that H3 is slower in pacing.

343 could easily make the GOAT Halo game if they were willing to look back and learn from the past games but they refuse to. Even fucking CoD realized that. There is a reason that CSGO is the most popular FPS right now by a huge margin. Even if the original CS 1.6 and CSGO are very different from each other there are no big fundamental differences between them.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Gonna disagree with you at the start. Halo 5 is a good game. 343 and ESL suck in regards to everything else though. Never forget the MCC launch.

NBNS Reach had great maps and gameplay that was on par with H3, maybe even better. H5 isn't bad but splinters, autos, spartan charge, sprint, and shitty maps with bad power weapon placement completely ruin it for me.

I feel like H2A was really good framework for a modern Halo game and I hope 343 builds off that and not H5 for the future.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Also, throwing it out there, I have very few qualms about the spartan abilities we have now. If anything, I'd make it so spartan charge does zero damage. A lot of players use this as a tool to get out of trouble or to get across the map quickly. Also, it still has a role in actual combat as a way to stun an opponent, but it doesn't make it completely unfair if you do happen to be sprinting and get the jump on someone. Outright removing it works, but I'd like to see it tested with no damage as well. The only other change I'd make it reducing splash damage and aim assist on ground pound. They're pretty easy to pull off, so making it a bit harder to get a ground pound kill would make it more impressive. While there are a lot of people calling for 343 to go back to basic FPS, I think there's a lot of people that like the current movement system and want to see 343 improve on it rather than abandon it.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I hope 343 builds off that and not H5 for the future.

I can 99.99% guarantee they will do the opposite.

• Upvote (+1) 2

NBNS Reach had great maps and gameplay that was on par with H3, maybe even better. H5 isn't bad but splinters, autos, spartan charge, sprint, and shitty maps with bad power weapon placement completely ruin it for me.

I feel like H2A was really good framework for a modern Halo game and I hope 343 builds off that and not H5 for the future.

obligatory 4v4 ranking

post patch h2 > = nbns reach v7 >= h3 > h2a> h5> pre patch h2>>>>>>>>Power gap> the 4

• Upvote (+1) 2

Is there anything scheduled after the DreamHack events? Could MLG takeover and run Worlds for 2018?

nothing has been announced aside from dreamhack. Hopefully that say something tomorrow

Is there anything scheduled after the DreamHack events? Could MLG takeover and run Worlds for 2018?

343 had something planned with MLG I believe but we haven't heard anything about it past that.