CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

this is great. and we have OG vs TL up next. if it wasnt for the venue, this would have been the perfect tournament.

Can't imagine the pressure, hope my friends in the tents are taking it all in.

• Upvote (+1) 8

The annoying thing is that I think Halo 5 has the potential to reach out to a lot of fans that were lost in the dark days. Sure there are tweaks that could be made to H5 to make it more like Halo (radar and auto needs to be nerfed), but at the end of the day most of these events have always been hype AF despite everything, but who is seeing it?

There is little advertising for any events. Most of the time if you're not in the loop you wouldn't know half of those events are on until they actually start and Pro's might tweet about it, because ESL and Halo won't before the event.

It's such a shame that our game is being destroyed by incompetence and behind the scenes politics. I mean there is just no way that someone can say with a straight face that having MLG to compliment ESL wouldn't be a good thing. It's fucking bullshit.

This event in terms of gameplay ( and every other event before it)has been absolutely fantastic, and it sucks that only a hardcore bubble will get to experience it.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Thanks, is Ninja out?

Yep, Optic and NV both 4-0d LG.

These two teams are going so hard because this series actually determines who gets skins. :kappa:

lol jk, no one gets skins

• Upvote (+1) 3

Honestly, at this point im convinced with MLG that Halo would be growing.  Especially with some of the newer staff on the multiplayer team and the changes to settings.  The competition is at an incredible place and the game itself is actually improving at this point.  We have amazing orgs investing in this game, great funding from the devs, yet we have this incredible event that was barely advertised, corners were cut, and the all around structure of the past few months of competition has been flawed.  The reason halo may not be a lucrative esport to invest in/run events for is mostly the fault of the people running the events.  Its astounding honestly.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'm glad Ninja is going in and calling them on their bullshit. He doesn't have to quit to say this. He could probably get fined and it wouldn't matter to him. I'm sure he'd be happy if any of it helped make future events better.

Friendly reminder that it's been about 7 hours since TL/OG have played a real series. I honestly think they should've just ended the day with nV and the winner of this series.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Ah, NV is out?

NV went on a 12-0 run in losers bracket today and will play the winner of Str8/Splyce tomorrow.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Ah, NV is out?

Still making a loser's run. Went 12-0 in maps today. Mikwen playing like a god.

^ what they both said

• Upvote (+1) 1

NV went on a 12-0 run in losers bracket today and will play the winner of Str8/Splyce tomorrow.

Christ, glad ola and snipedown got their shit together

Eden TS is such ass but it makes for some of the most intense matches in a tournament. So maybe it's not ass.

• Upvote (+1) 2