CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I'm gunna repost my post from earlier:

and I'm going to repost mine, this is a terrible mentality.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I think this is a big misconception with some, you can actually like the stream and think the venue is bad. The posters who write off all the legitimate criticism against the ESL Campus make me wonder at times, I'm not asking for those to be fired or them to move the event ASAP but this should never happen to any esport again.

then I see this, the cherry on top

Still looks pretty shitty tbh

• Upvote (+1) 3

I never said the venue wasn't important. I said the event isn't a total failure because of the venue.

• Upvote (+1) 4

and I'm going to repost mine, this is a terrible mentality.

It's a fact.

99% of the people watching don't care about the seating at the venue.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 6

The viewership numbers are depressing. Welp, here's hoping for h3a or h6 to be a hit.

Ninja's bio is that he was on "Family Feud". Not the fact that he's a successful streamer or a pro in another e-sport as well, but the fact that he participated in game show that nobody in their target audience cares about.

• Upvote (+1) 1

This, we are trying to grow the damn thing still and food trucks and cosplayers in an ally aren't going to get people there.

I get it, 100%, this venue is not appropriate for Worlds at all and the HCS needs to address this next year, totally with you, but can we please​ move on from this topic? We beat it to death months ago when Worlds location was announced and since I woke up this morning I have read page after page after page after page of the same people saying the same things over and over again about how bad the venue is.

None of you are wrong, at all, this is a big mistake by ESL and HCS but dude, it's the fucking World Championships, the stream is fantastic, the casting top-notch, and the games are crazy good. Just enjoy the weekend, and then Monday morning we can all log on and tweet-storm the people responsible for this fuck-up.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Last I heard anything about him is when Carbon all got online and played H2A for shits and giggles. He was working at a gamestop at the point i believe.

Pretty sure it was h4 they did that

Hypothetically, if nV and LG make team changes after this event, i can see some combination of these players forming a team with potential to win

It's a fact.

Wow exactly 99%? If not then it's not a "fact".
  • Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I remember my first MLG event at Charlotte, sitting in the stands on Championship Sunday with tons of fans - what a feeling. Miss those days,

Didn't you make us *** heads for cbus one year? And SAME. Were you at the charlotte the one year we had the hurricane?

It's a fact.

Did you watch any of the major CoD events?

I dont even like CoD but I watch SOLELY for the packed crowds. 

It MAKES the tourneys. Events go from good to great with a crowd.

ex: MLG NA Regionals. AMAZING crowd. I'd bet a lot of stream traffic was generated soley for the huke and bubu dubu chants. It makes you STAY after you open up the stream for curiosity.  

• Upvote (+1) 2

It's amazing that pros have to deal with bullshit heavy aim at a million dollar tournament. Tying aiming to latency has to go down as one of the worst decisions in FPS history.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Hypothetically, if nV and LG make team changes after this event, i can see some combination of these players forming a team with potential to win

No player on LG would make nV better, but the same does not apply vice versa.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I get it, 100%, this venue is not appropriate for Worlds at all and the HCS needs to address this next year, totally with you, but can we please​ move on from this topic? We beat it to death months ago when Worlds location was announced and since I woke up this morning I have read page after page after page after page of the same people saying the same things over and over again about how bad the venue is.

None of you are wrong, at all, this is a big mistake by ESL and HCS but dude, it's the fucking World Championships, the stream is fantastic, the casting top-notch, and the games are crazy good. Just enjoy the weekend, and then Monday morning we can all log on and tweet-storm the people responsible for this fuck-up.

I know people don't like to hear negativity or this topic still going on, but brushing this stuff off isn't helping either in the end. I've been a fan of 10+ years and this is one of the few times I've actually felt embarrassed for the community and it isn't a good feeling to have. Sorry this shit is depressing, I wish the event was kickass, at least the stream is :fire:

• Upvote (+1) 4

Huke is 18 so he will go back to COD now and I could see nV dropping Mikwen also. What I can't see is nV picking up anybody from LG. Maybe Snipedown will make up with Rayne and try to team with him and Penguin.  

• Downvote (-1) 17

Fight game tournaments like Evo are the best due to the crazy crowd. Crowd has a huge impact on stream quality/hype. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Huke is 18 so he will go back to COD now and I could see nV dropping Mikwen also. What I can't see is nV picking up anybody from LG. Maybe Snipedown will make up with Rayne and try to team with him and Penguin.

Dropping mikwen when he is an MVP contender in the biggest Halo tournament of the year? Seems legit.

• Upvote (+1) 8

not after the twitter beef he had with peng