FREE AUGUST TOURNAMENTS 

APEX LEGENDSROCKET LEAGUE

CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I think this is a big misconception with some, you can actually like the stream and think the venue is bad. The posters who write off all the legitimate criticism against the ESL Campus make me wonder at times, I'm not asking for those to be fired or them to move the event ASAP but this should never happen to any esport again.

then I see this, the cherry on top

The main stage area pic looks okay, the rest dont look great. 

Thanks greenie.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The vast majority of people watch this via stream so I fail to see how the venue is more important.

Imagine watching this spectacular venue with these amazing setups and main stage awesomeness and then going to your first event and you see fucking balloons and a tent. That's why it's important.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Imagine watching this spectacular venue with these amazing setups and main stage awesomeness and then going to your first event and you see fucking balloons and a tent. That's why it's important.

This, we are trying to grow the damn thing still and food trucks and cosplayers in an ally aren't going to get people there.

• Upvote (+1) 2

lmao at Saiyan having to tap Ninja on the shoulder to tell him camo is up

Am I the only one that would prefer to see stadium-like seating or something that's like on slope so it's not just a bunch of chairs on a flat surface. I'd imagine the further back you are the more difficult it is to see.

• Upvote (+1) 3

This, we are trying to grow the damn thing still and food trucks and cosplayers in an ally aren't going to get people there.

Been going to events for a long time and can tell you from experience. Viewer engagement at events/at home is HUGE. I remember going to my first MLG event and being taken back becuase it was so different that what you saw on stream. In an amazing way. The amount of stride tee shirts/free dr. Pepper. Wowowowowow. Free play stations? Everything you would want in an event was there. You felt as if you were home.

The vast majority of people watch this via stream so I fail to see how the venue is more important.

I like you bro, but come on.

Have you ever watched sports where the crowd is going crazy and the arena is packed? 

It gets your blood pumping, adrenaline going, dick hard, etc etc. 

The venue for a world championship >>>> stream. 

• Upvote (+1) 5

If this was a two day tournament, and all the games were played today, I'm fairly sure nV would win the whole thing.

It's a great stream tournament, but if you're on the fence on going to an event you probably won't after this weekend - so yea I can see it as that in some aspects. It's def a blemish on our scene.

I've been wanting to go to an event since 2008 (I missed the MLG era due to being extremely poor)

I've lost all desire to go to an event currently. There's a lot of reasons but it all boils down to not wanting to spend thousands of dollars (and 20+ hours on a plane) to attend an event like what we've had recently, especially when you compare it to what MLG was putting on years ago.

I get a better experience at home for free and that upsets me.

I like you bro, but come on.

Have you ever watched sports where the crowd is going crazy and the arena is packed? 

It gets your blood pumping, adrenaline going, dick hard, etc etc. 

The venue for a world championship >>>> stream. 

I'm gunna repost my post from earlier:

This is going to be an unpopular opinion but the venue is irrelevant to me. As an online viewer it makes fuck all difference to my experience of the event.

It could be held in someone's living room for all I care. As long as the production is good, the stream is professional and the games are entertaining I'm super happy.

• Downvote (-1) 4

Been going to events for a long time and can tell you from experience. Viewer engagement at events/at home is HUGE. I remember going to my first MLG event and being taken back becuase it was so different that what you saw on stream. In an amazing way. The amount of stride tee shirts/free dr. Pepper. Wowowowowow. Free play stations? Everything you would want in an event was there. You felt as if you were home.

I remember my first MLG event at Charlotte, sitting in the stands on Championship Sunday with tons of fans - what a feeling. Miss those days,

It's not even like LG is playing bad, nV is just robotic right now.