CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

They should have told us there was a scavenger hunt earlier, then we'll see who laughs at us!

#notmywc

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

LOL. Now Halo and Gears need COD to seem relevant. That's all I got from that.

advertising is a thing you know, attracting new customers by showcasing your product is not a bad thing at all.  Idc if its something super popular or not very popular, advertising to potential new customers can only help

Whats the schedule like for tomorrow? Only one match like last year?

FFA, Losers Semis and Finals, Grand Finals

Edit: WBF is tonight

Guaranteeing inclusiveness makes for bad halo. fight me.

Brazilian CS wasn't really well known on the international stage until very recently. In fact, the trip to a Europe LAN for what was then Brazil's best CSGO team a few years ago was crowdfunded. Many people saw it as a waste of money. Many thought that Brazil couldn't hang with EU teams. However, that Brazilian team had a solid event, and were able to grab funding to go to more international events. Now, some of the best CSGO teams are Brazilian. Coldzera, arguably the best CSGO player currently, is Brazilian.

It's not really the same situation with international Halo, but it shows that giving a chance to teams outside of the usual regions (or region, in Halo's case) can really turn the scene on it's head.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I didn't like Axeltoss or Clutch back when they were D-list casters for Starcraft 2, and they really haven't improved in the interim.  Why these fake newscaster voices?  Honestly prefer everyone else on the hosting/casting team (except for Ghost, yikes)

un-commentated top plays downtime vids? Cmon now.

Better than HW2 Ads I guess..

• Downvote (-1) 1

now i'm looking forward to Quinn and Tashi's reaction to what has transpired. Think they might have the balls to call hecz, connor, cod pros, csgo pros, etc "a toxic cloud of negativity"?

:kappa:

They have a plan

5tSA3tm.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Fabe showed glimpses against the NA teams but just couldnt close it out, I hope they can go to NA open LANs like they did last season.

Envy going to LB so early could be a blessing, they are heating up

I agree, I still feel Mose and respectful lack high tier experience and could really step up with more NA LAN experience.  Hopefully larger prize pools for opens this year will make the orgs think its worth the trip.

So we've got LG vs. nV, Splyce vs. Str8, OG vs. Liquid and then tomorrow is Losers semis, Losers finals and then grand finals? 

EDIT: Everyone asked this as I did ugh nevermind

So, are we not going to get to watch Str8 vs Splyce or what?

we'll get to watch them all, i think

• Upvote (+1) 1

We need observer mode to show K, D, A or K, D, spree like CoD. We shouldn't have to rely on casters to tell us that Snipedown had 0 deaths there. And casters themselves were surprised when they saw it.

The majority of space on observer mode is taken up by primary and secondary weapon and grenades. That's much less interesting info. Get rid of that, put in K/D/A/spree, then figure out a way to highlight when someone has a power weapon/up. We also don't need the eyeball thing that I think just shows when someone is not currently seeing an enemy. Hell, we don't really need emblems there either.

vcrnwZR.png

So much to be worked on with functionality of observer mode (esp. reticule accuracy), but the presentation alone leaves much to be desired too.

Respectfully disagreed. The casters have a separate program that tells them stats like Kills, Deaths, power weapon kills, etc. and they get tunnel visioned on that very easily rather than showing viewers stats. All you have to do is press the back button and stats appear in Observer mode. The current HUD for Observer mode is actually really solid outside of the yellow radar eyes.

Not saying the HUD can't be improved (as if 343 would even update it lol) but I like the weapons and current information.

• Upvote (+1) 1

un-commentated top plays downtime vids? Cmon now.

Better than HW2 Ads I guess..

I mentioned this yesterday.

Said I wish they put a bit more time and effort into editing a good play of the day video instead of some dull highlights with nothing over the top, someone pointed out yesterday that the vids were actually scrims, not sure if it was the same you just saw as I was away from the stream.

Where is Halo? Day three better top 25k+

Ugh, none of you guys get it. If the numbers are low just add 60k out of nowhere, duh.  :lxthul:

• Upvote (+1) 3

Where is Halo? Day three better top 25k+

C7yzBfNVMAAZq5a.jpg

Not this again man, Halo is a twitter eSport and we have 60k+ watching :lxthul:
  • Upvote (+1) 6

Cmon El town pull yourself together. If he can play like he did vs splyce then this will be a great series

Glad Str8 was the team to knock out CP though.

Str8 knocked them into losers, Envy knocked them out of the tourney.

• Upvote (+1) 1