CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Also, did anybody watch Spartan's stream last night? His comms were fire towards the end of the series. Dareisay he, El Town and Cratos have some chemistry? Heresy, I know.

$975 Lynchburg VA, 2br, 2.5 baths.

Ayyy I just moved out of Blacksburg!

Anyways, with most of these teams still being unofficial I would love if we got to see the old Renegades team with Spartan, Commonly, Ninja, and Victory run games. I wonder how they would do now months later.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Yeah, i'm trying to indoctrinate my 2.5 year old early. Star Wars, Halo, College basketball, Football sundays and meat.  I wont have any vegetarians in my house (no offense to vegetarians). :simms:

Yeah already having a few weekend split screen halo CE campaign sessions with my 5 year old son.  

You hear that 343!  Thats why split screen is necessary!  (and many other reasons of course)

• Upvote (+1) 2

Interesting point. Do you guys think that Huke is becoming a "Glue" player that happens to be one of the best slayers. Similar to Lethul? 

The more I watch nV the more it feels like he is always making the "best" plays and his teammates lives easier, opening up the map while slaying like crazy. Also, I've noticed he calls a lot of pushes, and rarely wastes calls outs, he does like 80% small talk.

More and more he is reminding me of Royal 2, Lethul, and Snakebite rolled up into one super talented 17 year old.

Stylewise, not saying is as good as all 3 combined, just saying his style is a combo between those three.

I think so. Sort of forced on him since he's teaming with Mikwen & Snipedown, but he also did a fair bit of obj/other stuff with E6. 1 extra year of experience at his age has been priceless. I remember people saying he was the "worst" on that Denial squad because of Halo inexperience.

Best player in the game IMO.

Interesting point. Do you guys think that Huke is becoming a "Glue" player that happens to be one of the best slayers. Similar to Lethul? 

The more I watch nV the more it feels like he is always making the "best" plays and his teammates lives easier, opening up the map while slaying like crazy. Also, I've noticed he calls a lot of pushes, and rarely wastes calls outs, he does like 80% small talk.

More and more he is reminding me of Royal 2, Lethul, and Snakebite rolled up into one super talented 17 year old.

Stylewise, not saying is as good as all 3 combined, just saying his style is a combo between those three.

I think so. Sort of forced on him since he's teaming with Mikwen & Snipedown, but he also did a fair bit of obj/other stuff with E6. 1 extra year of experience at his age has been priceless. I remember people saying he was the "worst" on that Denial squad because of Halo inexperience.

I would give that honor to Snakebite, but Huke is up there.

This is purely speculation from watching him play at events, the rare interview and comms, but i dont think he gives 2 shits about his "Role".  I think he sees his role as "Whatever the hell is gonna get us the win".  His stats are ridiculous because he is just so nasty, but I dont see him caring about his stats as long as he knows that he was consistently making the best decisions to help win the game.  I'm sure you could say that about a lot of players, but for being so young he really seems to have a mature attitude about everything and doesn't have a huge ego about it.  Thats how i read it anyway.

Please Huke, stay in Halo!

• Upvote (+1) 3

I never understood the people who said that about Huke. The kid had barely played Halo and could instantly compete at a top level. Many of the people on this forum have been playing the game for a long ass time and frankly, most of us still suck (compared to these guys at least). He's clearly got insane mechanical skill and his ability to pick up the nuances and strategies of Halo so quickly show what a phenomenal talent this kid is. IMO hes essentially Snipedown V2. Super talented mechanically and took very little time (comparatively) to understand the game well enough to dominate it at a professional level. Having them on the same team now is kind of scary.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Some people might point to some weird movement accomplishments from players such as Frosty and use those as examples of benefits for spartan abilities. Personally, I feel those moments are a small price to pay to actually have some sort of identity for this game that it lost after Reach.

Even most of his nerdy stuff is accomplished with just thrust and stabilize. Many don't require either.  Of all the added abilities, those are the only ones I would keep if i had a choice.

• Upvote (+1) 2

It's easy to say that it worked out or "didn't turn out too bad" when you listen to people still playing the game. But the bottom line is that there's not that many people playing the game, and Halo gets continually relegated to the same pool as CoD in most casual console player's minds.

At a certain point I think most of us have to step back and realize that even if we got make spartan abilities "work" to an extent, this simply isn't a game that people fell in love with, or even one that stands out from the crowd anymore.

Some people might point to some weird movement accomplishments from players such as Frosty and use those as examples of benefits for spartan abilities. Personally, I feel those moments are a small price to pay to actually have some sort of identity for this game that it lost after Reach.

This is an extremely subjective statement of yours. People of course, can feel that spartan abilities do work to the fullest extent, that it is a game that a lot of people like, and one that does stand out from the crowd.

And lots of people love seeing stuff like what Frosty does. Even /r/Halo upvotes it.

Of course, I don't claim to speak for a majority. But neither do you. I'd rather you preface statements like without acting as you speak for a majority. It's just your opinion, one that others may share or not. It's honestly kind of annoying seeing things like this said as if they are factual.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 4

Yeah, lets knock off this wall-jump discussion right now.  Its a better mechanic than clamber sure, but its one step away from wall-running and we need to stay as far away from that as possible.  I'm sure it would get "improved" so you could wall-jump Tomb Raider style instead of bouncing off objects laterally in the opposite direction. It looks like a mechanic that could get way too floaty on console and should be kept for KBM.

You know what i saw in those videos that is much more compelling to me?

A proper, ankle breaking strafe.

But with those strafes, Ace would have to retire  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 2

Halo World Championships 2017 Teams, Seeds, Discussion, Houses, and Relationships

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yeah, i'm trying to indoctrinate my 2.5 year old early. Star Wars, Halo, College basketball, Football sundays and meat.  I wont have any vegetarians in my house (no offense to vegetarians). :simms:

This man knows how to raise a child  :simms:

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Even most of his nerdy stuff is accomplished with just thrust and stabilize. Many don't require either.  Of all the added abilities, those are the only ones I would keep if i had a choice.

Most of the the nerdy stuff is nothing different from the nerdy movement we had in past Halo's, the only difference being more button inputs. It's great, but radar being in the game effectively neuters it. Players like Frosty could shine so much more.

• Upvote (+1) 7

I was about to make a joke about how I need to start my posts with an /OPINION but...

I'd rather you preface statements like without acting as you speak for a majority. It's just your opinion, one that others may share or not. It's honestly kind of annoying seeing things like this said as if they are factual.

I didn't need to.

• Upvote (+1) 5

1750 herndon va 3br 2.5 bath 1400 ft2 shit hole

Lol anything that has more than 1 bathroom is not a shit hole.

$800, 880 sq. ft., 2 BR, 1 Bath

Anyway.  Watching Contra right now and I absolutely need to stop firing at the max fire rate of the pistol all the time.  Its such a bad habit that harkens all the way back to halo 2 since the BR was so sticky. Watching him change his fire rate if he (rarely) happens to fall off-target makes me realize just how bad i am at this game.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Lol anything that has more than 1 bathroom is not a shit hole.

$800, 880 sq. ft., 2 BR, 1 Bath

Rent is expensive, mortgage is cheaper in Ohio

$1200, 2200 sq. ft, 4 BR, 3 bath, 900 sq. ft. finished basement 1 acre of land

/OPINION ALERT

People stopped playing this game when the gameplay changed.

False, halo 2 had more players than halo: ce.

As the market changes, the game is going to have to change too. Otherwise we wouldn't need sequels. People stopped playing halo because bungie and 343 started making bad changes.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Rent is expensive, mortgage is cheaper in Ohio

$1200, 2200 sq. ft, 4 BR, 3 bath, 900 sq. ft. finished basement 1 acre of land

i would break mcc for those digs

False, halo 2 had more players than halo: ce.

As the market changes, the game is going to have to change too. Otherwise we wouldn't need sequels. People stopped playing halo because bungie and 343 started making bad changes.

Change is not needed. I don't get why people keep thinking this. CS:GO is the perfect example, hell you could even use Starcraft.

Watching the contra stream while waiting for Snakebite to get on and it's night and day. Contra talks shit against randoms while playing with his friends. That's why I support pros like Snakebite - mature and talented. 

I don't care if he's good or not, but he's certainly not likable. 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2