CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

That is an interesting "perfection required" game to be the only game someone plays.

Now if your wife played borderlands, dragon age, tomb raider, anything mario or zelda and a bunch of platformers that would be dope....

My wife does. i win  :simms:

My wife pretty much loves any decent fantasy rpg eg dragon age, oblivion etc.  Definitely allows me to play more halo than i would otherwise  :)

• Upvote (+1) 2

OK boys - I need your help.  I have been in the Dominican Republic for the last 8 day (oh poor me) and have 115 pages of intel I don't have time to catch up on with Christmas coming.  Can someone please give me the top 5 or so things that I need to know?  Please?  I'll even make it easy for quoting.

1) Spartan & Commonly dropped for Stellur & Eco

2) ALG looking like Contra, PreDev, Bubu, Shooter, after a brief drama where Contra didn't like ALG org or PreDev anymore, and was let go from org legally according to a tweeted screenshot.

3) Ninja, Str8 Sick & VicX having trouble getting on teams.

4) Str8 seems to be disintegrating, with Ace & APG possibly going to EG, and Heinz trying to get on LG.

5) LG (Naded/Danoxide) have run with Falcated, Commonly, and Heinz.

6) E6 looking like Cratos, Suspector, El Town & Spartan.

• Upvote (+1) 3

OK boys - I need your help.  I have been in the Dominican Republic for the last 8 day (oh poor me) and have 115 pages of intel I don't have time to catch up on with Christmas coming.  Can someone please give me the top 5 or so things that I need to know?  Please?  I'll even make it easy for quoting.

1) Spartan & Commonly dropped for Stellur & Eco

2) ALG looking like Contra, PreDev, Bubu, Shooter, after a brief drama where Contra didn't like ALG org or PreDev anymore, and was let go from org legally according to a tweeted screenshot.

3) Ninja, Str8 Sick & VicX having trouble getting on teams.

4) Str8 seems to be disintegrating, with Ace & APG possibly going to EG, and Heinz trying to get on LG.

5) LG (Naded/Danoxide) have run with Falcated, Commonly, and Heinz.

Thank you a ton!

My wife pretty much loves any decent fantasy rpg eg dragon age, oblivion etc.  Definitely allows me to play more halo than i would otherwise  :)

Nice.  Those are sick games too.  she's got good taste!

my wife plays Disney infinity...does that count?

ehhh..... 

It seems a lot of us in here have some pretty great ladies in our lives (or gents, i shouldnt assume gender)!

Bravo

• Upvote (+1) 3

Nice.  Those are sick games too.  she's got good taste!

ehhh..... 

It seems a lot of us in here have some pretty great ladies in our lives (or gents, i shouldnt assume gender)!

Bravo

disney infinity is much more fun than i thought it would be. and we play lego sometimes too. its fun trying to get her into gaming, but even more fun to get my 3 y/o into it too

disney infinity is much more fun than i thought it would be. and we play lego sometimes too. its fun trying to get her into gaming, but even more fun to get my 3 y/o into it too

Yeah, i'm trying to indoctrinate my 2.5 year old early. Star Wars, Halo, College basketball, Football sundays and meat.  I wont have any vegetarians in my house (no offense to vegetarians). :simms:

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

1)

2)

3)

4)

5)

The last I saw was Spartans tweetgate - dropped or left or who-the-fuck knows.  

Finally - for Pic or it didn't happen people....

Beach%20sized.jpg

Decent PS. Halo fan with such a gorgeous wife? Nope, can´t be right. :kappa:

62xhITh.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 7

I'm just sick of mechanics that deviate from the Halo formula, good or bad.

You're sick of them because they haven't been implemented properly.

Decent PS. Halo fan with such a gorgeous wife? Nope, can´t be right. :kappa:

Nice PS....but i have the good pictures still ;)

Edit: On topic...i did find the settings update on waypoint, I'm just happy they acknowledged the radar thing, bummed it's not faster, but happy it's being worked on. (guessing this was discussed 50 pages ago)

Random thought: Current ALG (Contra/Dev/Bubu/Shooter) is best two players on each team from relegation. Yet I think they can be a top 4 team on LAN. Really hope they stick together.

Random thought: Current ALG (Contra/Dev/Bubu/Shooter) is best two players on each team from relegation. Yet I think they can be a top 4 team on LAN. Really hope they stick together.

That's just old Denial - Huke + Shooter right?

That team was sick on LAN.  If they practice more seriously online too....

I dont see them taking down NV or Optic, but there is a lot of individual skill there.  Could be hella fun to watch.

You're sick of them because they haven't been implemented properly.

No, it's because they're bad for halo whether or not they're implemented correctly.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Halo World Championship, Teams, Seeds, and Swimwear Discussion.

I think I would rather we discuss swimwear than our monthly rent.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I think I would rather we discuss swimwear than our monthly rent.

I think we need to discuss what constitutes a life changing about of swimwear.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

My cat likes to watch me play video games. 

• Upvote (+1) 6

Ok, on topic here:

What is the deal with Roy and Lunch? anybody know?

Neither one has ran customs since the 17th (at least on their main).

That's just old Denial - Huke + Shooter right?

That team was sick on LAN.  If they practice more seriously online too....

I dont see them taking down NV or Optic, but there is a lot of individual skill there.  Could be hella fun to watch.

Yup, and that Huke wasn't the player he is now in terms of Halo smarts. 

Last ALG (Fall season) also had a ton of indiv. skill but communication/coordination problems. Hopefully the addition of Shooter helps out there, and he does have chemistry already with Bubu. In terms of online, they seem to be going toe-to-toe with other teams, and just won a scrim against new Liquid 8-5 (though TL has looked very shaky).

There are so many teams I want to root for  :mj:

Yup, and that Huke wasn't the player he is now in terms of Halo smarts. 

Interesting point. Do you guys think that Huke is becoming a "Glue" player that happens to be one of the best slayers. Similar to Lethul? 

The more I watch nV the more it feels like he is always making the "best" plays and his teammates lives easier, opening up the map while slaying like crazy. Also, I've noticed he calls a lot of pushes, and rarely wastes calls outs, he does like 80% small talk.

More and more he is reminding me of Royal 2, Lethul, and Snakebite rolled up into one super talented 17 year old.

Stylewise, not saying is as good as all 3 combined, just saying his style is a combo between those three.

Ok, on topic here:

What is the deal with Roy and Lunch? anybody know?

Neither one has ran customs since the 17th (at least on their main).

They're waiting for ace and Apg to get back from Vegas to run games.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Is anyone still prepared to argue for the net positive of spartan abilities when we have to give players radar due to its excessive "randomness"?

Who were these even meant to appeal to?

I'm sick of this "343's vision" garbage. Let's be honest, this isn't someone's vision; it's somebody's calculated money machine. You can't convince me that the same people within the company who gave us the MCC disaster give a shit about their fans.

I'm sure there's a lot of people at 343 who go into work each day and put in hours of good work. But there's a shady core of employees that have given us disaster after disaster since 2012, whether it be through incompetence, or maliciousness.

I'll step up for the Spartan abilities. I see Halo 5 as a happy accident. The creative direction was clearly all wrong when they started, but somehow playtesting prevailed and what came out the other end is actually a good entry in the series, despite many missteps we can all point to. I consider thrust and slide to be a success, adding some much welcomed technical complexity to movement techniques. I have no strong warmth in my heart for Stabilize and Ground Pound, but I think they compose with the rest of the movement sandbox well and make the sandbox even deeper, while having relatively negligible effect on gameplay. The only loser is Spartan Charge, which should be revised or removed in my opinion.

Obviously I wouldn't have designed a Halo game with Spartan abilities, but if you take as given that somebody was going to put a bunch of CoD bullshit into our game, I think the playtest team managed to find a pretty successful way to make that work and still feel competitive. So yeah, fuck these people for thinking Halo needs to be CoD, but let's give credit where credit is due. They changed the formula, but it didn't turn out too bad.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 2