CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Hate to see Halo getting such bad press :(

Production has been great, the main area is small but not bad honestly.  

I think we can all agree the venue leaves something to be desired, but I hate to see the scene get slapped through the mud. 

Honestly, other than a few tweets, im happy this is happening.  343/ESL should have been embarrassed about how theyve been doing things for a while, and seeing these tweets it seems most people are now not blaming the game/community for its lack of growth, but more so the people with the power to make that growth happen.  I think that this problem being addressed publicly actually highlights Halo's potential as well as highlights how incompetent the people behind the scenes are.  The sad thing is, this is only the tip of the ice berg in a sense.

• Upvote (+1) 5

I'm one of those that doesn't mind the times being in Pacific Times. But I agree, you NEED to specify which timezone on all graphics/tweets:

• Upvote (+1) 4

I love when people decide how people think for them

When did I state that? English is not my first language but I guess it's yours.

He has to decide what scenes to invest into and this colors that ROI assessment from a team owner POV

You don't need to be a team owner to see that. He was being an elitist dick and who he is doesn't matter.

• Upvote (+1) 8

It's really shitty that this is what is happening ATM when it comes to the future of this scene, but ESL and 343 brought this on themselves and us. What every other community is laughing about is what we have been bitching about for months.

I miss when this tournament being held in Burbank was a joke we used to throw around.

• Upvote (+1) 2

So maybe our venue is a joke, but honestly I'm here for great gameplay, and to support the game I've loved for 15 years. I hate seeing all the hate and shade that other eSports give us. They seem to forget that Halo is what put eSports on the map. Smfh

• Upvote (+1) 3

when nobody shows up to Dreamhack and there isn't anybody watching the stream don't question why. It's over.

Profound.

I now understand your profile pic. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

After all the letdowns over recent years, when I see this venue I'm not sad I just find it hilarious. 

I'm just gunna continue my madness and enjoy the great gameplay we've been having.

giphy.gif

Still rotting for Envy to claim a legendary losers run this year!

You don't need to be a team owner to see that. He was being an elitist dick and who he is doesn't matter.

his 207k followers is ALL that matters. 207k people can potentially see how bad Halo is right now. This is the end of Halo IMO

• Downvote (-1) 14

Hate to see Halo getting such bad press :(

Production has been great, the main area is small but not bad honestly.  

I think we can all agree the venue leaves something to be desired, but I hate to see the scene get slapped through the mud. 

accidental neg.

You guys are a buzzkill sheesh.

I'm glad to see the bad press from RESPECTABLE figures in the esports community.  Hopefully it serves as a wake up call to better the future of Halo.  At this point you guys are just dogpiling and circlejerking.  You don't need to grasp at straws to show the poor state Halo is in.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Lets be real here why should we care what other scenes thinks of us? PC elitists don't care about console esports and Cod kids don't even like Halo because it's like the "rival/enemy" franchise.

im a COD kid. I like halo, a lot.

• Upvote (+1) 1

This will force ESL/HCS to maybe step up their game and either:

No it won't. Never underestimate them. Or overestimate, I guess.

So maybe our venue is a joke, but honestly I'm here for great gameplay, and to support the game I've loved for 15 years. I hate seeing all the hate and shade that other eSports give us. They seem to forget that Halo is what put eSports on the map. Smfh

Facts are "hate" and "shade" ?

Good performance from im in the flag games but they really struggled in other game types. Hopefully Fabe can get a bit of confidence from this and step up in the next round