CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

The worst part about all this is that we all know this is bad, everyone else knows it's bad, but there is no guarantee ESL is going to budge.

• Upvote (+1) 2

To be quite honest, I'm happy ESL is getting a ton of negative press for this. They refuse to change until a boot is 7 inches up their ass

Obviously sucks to see but that's a great meme.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I don't understand how consistently Ramirez gets on top squads. He always has lacklustre stats. Always tilts and blames his team mates. Only thing he has going for him is his veteran experience which means he can basically form the teams with new young guns. If someone like Kimbo or Phlux was on that squad they'd be a lot stronger.

I know what you mean, rami can go big but his consistency is lacking. He is pretty good at reading the game but i dont think thats enough. Kimbo would be the obvious pick up for sure

Oh come on. This is a thread dedicated to Halo. We all want it to succeed. I know we're a tough crowd but seriously, if there's one thing we all want, it's Halo's success.

I agree, not many want to see Halo fail. But the same can't be said for the rest of the groups in my statement. Even being completely honest, I'm not on the succeed side for everything listed. 

No one "wants" anyone to fail, the fact is halo esports has been poorly run and people hope this negative publicity will serve as a wake up call to 343/ESL and hopefully lead to a better product in the future

How many wakeup calls do 343 need? H4's dramatic population decline, HMCC terrible life cycle, H5 barebones release + other persisting issues. I mean from what I can tell, HWC2017 has a bigger turnout than HWC2016.. they probably look at this as a success. 

unfortunately true. There's only so much "dirty work" you can do to make up for not having a good shot

This is what separates LG from a team like Str8 or Liquid. Their dirty work players are still putting in work in terms of damage and slays.

Honestly, Commonly would make LG a top 4 team. It's a shame they need eL ToWn for that Pro League seed.

So a friend of mine who writes about Smash for the same group I do decided to tune into the HWC. Here's his thoughts after not watching since H3

Very few people want to see Halo eSports fail - but to try and push blame at the community and people like @@FrankTheShow is laughable. We don't make the decisions, we give feedback when we can and if they don't listen then it's not on us. We don't know it all obviously, but a lot of the issues are avoidable.

He finds enjoyment in putting people in trouble and finding more stuff to make the Halo scene look bad (even if 343 and ESL are already doing a good job at that)

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

He finds enjoyment in putting people in trouble and finding more stuff to make the Halo scene look bad (even if 343 and ESL are already doing a good job at that)

I love when people decide how people think for them

• Upvote (+1) 2

Lets be real here why should we care what other scenes thinks of us? PC elitists don't care about console esports and Cod kids don't even like Halo because it's like the "rival/enemy" franchise.

when nobody shows up to Dreamhack and there isn't anybody watching the stream don't question why. It's over.

• Downvote (-1) 14

Lets be real here why should we care what other scenes thinks of us? PC elitists don't care about console esports and Cod kids don't even like Halo because it's like the "rival/enemy" franchise.

Going the Cratos route are we? Bold move, Cotton.

• Upvote (+1) 3