CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

The venue being bashed is a good thing it's send a message that this venue is not acceptable for a one million dollar tournament we don't esl/343 to get the impression that this was by any means a suitable venue.

To be honest I'd go as far to say that Burbank should never be used again as a venue for any Halo tournament only being able to hold 100 people isn't acceptable.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Sometimes it is hard to distinguish what people want more, to see Halo/343/HCS/HWC/ESL succeed or fail.

Criticizing something that only barely reaches mediocrity means we want Halo to fail?

flat,800x800,070,f.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 3

i get what he was trying to say but idc how bad halo is right now, halo made console esports a thing. it's easy to forget where cod was when it was in halo's shadow.

• Upvote (+1) 1

yup

the halowc venue has fully gone viral in the esport community

i get what he was trying to say but idc how bad halo is right now, halo made console esports a thing.

that guy is a moron tbh

• Upvote (+1) 4

yup

the halowc venue has fully gone viral in the esport community

It fucking sucks too, because we(fans) don't deserve this. The games are typically great and we said for MONTHS that Burbank would be a mistake. Now our scene looks like trash.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It fucking sucks too, because we(fans) don't deserve this. The games are typically great and we said for MONTHS that Burbank would be a mistake. Now our scene looks like trash.

I really hope this gets viral enough so it's seen by the people in charge of the HCS and the people who are currently running it get replaced by people who are actually competent so we won't have to deal with this incompetence anymore.

Can you all just make out with Frank so that we get this obvious sexual tension with him out of the way?

• Downvote (-1) 1

we didn't have 343 and M$ money during the h4 AGL era

organized competitive halo will always exist

:wutface: x10000000

AGL was peaceing out because of the demands and vitriol from the community. It was just a few rich Halo kids trying to push the scene being held to a ridiculous standard. Who picks up the torch if this esports experiment gets dropped, ain't no fucking way most of these pros are going back to those prizepools etc.

if there were no historic pro players in this scene, it would never have kicked off again. the money isn't the root, the players are. this is simple. 

plus you've been defending 343 for the last 2 years, so your opinion is literally useless. 

Kicked off in what sense, literally every major tournament for the last few years has been subsidized. There is nothing without the money, esports Halo would have died with AGL in H4.

Think what you want, my post history speaks for itself.

• Upvote (+1) 1

that guy has 207k followers and now all of them are going to see what a joke Halo is. He is right too. With sprint, autos, radar, and abilities Halo has no business being an e-sport. This "World Championship" disaster only confirms this. Those poor parents.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 9

I just realized that @@Ninja's fiancee and family were forced to sit in the tent. The actual state of that.

dzQZwto.png

There's something quite sour in mu mouth with this photo.

• Upvote (+1) 5

i get what he was trying to say but idc how bad halo is right now, halo made console esports a thing. it's easy to forget where cod was when it was in halo's shadow.

i agree - bungie made a trash game and left the franchise floating in space. mlg cant even revive that happening to a title, idc what it is. 

Very few people want to see Halo eSports fail - but to try and push blame at the community and people like @@FrankTheShow is laughable. We don't make the decisions, we give feedback when we can and if they don't listen then it's not on us. We don't know it all obviously, but a lot of the issues are avoidable.

exactly, the community can only do so much. since we don't have LAN its all in 343s hands unfortunately. this isnt ssbm 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I just realized that @@Ninja's fiancee and family were forced to sit in the tent. The actual state of that.

They probably weren't forced to, but most of ninja's games were on the bravo stream so the main stage probably wasn't playing his series

that guy has 207k followers and now all of them are going to see what a joke Halo is. He is right too. With sprint, autos, radar, and abilities Halo has no business being an e-sport. This "World Championship" disaster only confirms this. Those poor parents.

He also owns pro team G2

• Upvote (+1) 5

we didn't have 343 and M$ money during the h4 AGL era

organized competitive halo will always exist

:wutface: x10000000

Yeah because the AGL was better than this, hell half the players never got their money. Move on people MLG dropped Halo during Reach because it was already running dry.
  • Downvote (-1) 2

AGL was peaceing out because of the demands and vitriol from the community. It was just a few rich Halo kids trying to push the scene being held to a ridiculous standard. Who picks up the torch if this esports experiment gets dropped, ain't no fucking way most of these pros are going back to those prizepools etc.

Kicked off in what sense, literally every major tournament for the last few years has been subsidized. There is nothing without the money, esports Halo would have died with AGL in H4.

Think what you want, my post history speaks for itself.

yes it does. which is why everything you are saying isn't surprising in the least. i'm glad that all that matters to you is big $ signs. I personally fell in love with the game. 

To be quite honest, I'm happy ESL is getting a ton of negative press for this. They refuse to change until a boot is 7 inches up their ass

I don't know whether to laugh or to cry

• Upvote (+1) 2

He also owns pro team G2

Just leave your job and apply for the head of the HCS, please and thank you.

Jk...

...but seriously, help

• Upvote (+1) 3