CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I dont get why we have two steams really, its a 12 team tournament, we could of just had pool play day one, bracket play day two up to winners final / losers semi finals, and final day the finish off. I think they'd be enough time and it saves a viewership from switching streams for preferred matches.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 4

While this is too bad, the trade off is the production quality of the stream has been the best we have gotten in a long time and the matches have been lit. The crowd has seemed decently hype for how small the main stage area is also.  

It would be ideal to have a sick venue and good stream production, but for me sitting at home the trade off has been worth it. Luckily we have two Dreamhack events this year to make up for this venue.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I dont get why we have two steams really, its a 12 team tournament, we could of just had pool play day one, bracket play day two up to winners final / losers semi finals, and final day the finish off. I think they'd be enough time and it saves a viewership from switching streams for preferred matches.

If all pool play was on one stream yesterday it would have gone until 3 am EST

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think someone said this yesterday but despite ever problem competitive Halo 5 has encountered, the professional gameplay outside whoever Optic is destroying has been phenomenal since the games' inception. That alone has stayed consistent and why I continue to watch.

• Upvote (+1) 4

there's no way 1 stream would have worked

i get that

but this is new news

us bitching about the venue =/= the most important people in esports bitching about the venue 

this is important

Pretty sure it was just a passing comment that then 100 people jumped on.

IT'S AN EMARRASSMEMEMENTNTNTNTNNTNTNT. Sorry too busy watching Halo on a well produced stream.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

You are a still an asshole.

I just got more promotion in one tweet for this event than the official Halo account did in months.

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 1

You're not thinking about the time it takes for teams to leave stage, and new teams to get setup. One station would never work for a 12 team tourney with pool play where no one gets eliminated until bracket stage.

I still can't get over the hair.

its one of those things you think looks cool and edgy now, but when you look back at it 5-10 years later you hate yourself 

• Upvote (+1) 1

i get that

but this is new news

us bitching about the venue =/= the most important people in esports bitching about the venue 

this is important

people underestimate the kind of influence people like Hecz have. If they hold ESL's feet over the coals and we still don't get a change, Halo is donezo. 

its one of those things you think looks cool and edgy now, but when you look back at it 5-10 years later you hate yourself 

Pretty sure he did it as a joke.

I feel like Hecz is going to rant in his vlog about the venue based on his tweets. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Anyone remember guys with blonde streaks in the 2000's? I regret doing that.

• Upvote (+1) 1