CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Yeah but this means that Str8 gets mainstage. It's probably because they're expecting that to be a closer match. I can't think of ANY other reason to have Str8 instead of the 2 biggest draws our game has facing each other.

mhm or is Str8 getting special treatment  :thinking:

Yeah but this means that Str8 gets mainstage. It's probably because they're expecting that to be a closer match. I can't think of ANY other reason to have Str8 instead of the 2 biggest draws our game has facing each other.

I see what you did there..   qIsFa.gif

• Upvote (+1) 6

I think it's pretty absurd they're putting the two largest fanbases (OpTic, Ninja) on the side station for a Winners bracket match.

Would make more sense to do 

Main Stage:

10 AM Liquid / Str8

After OpTic / LG

After Losers R1 Heat 3 G1

Side Stage:

10 AM Losers R1 Heat 1

After Losers R1 Heat 2

After Losers R1 Heat 3 G2

Yeah wtf are they thinking. It's not like the winner of WB semis have another game until the last match of the night. At least they're both being streamed though.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I don't get why Optic is constantly being put on the side stage either we want the Optic juice to boost the main stages viewer count.  :kappa:

Oh - I'm pretty sure I saw Hecz walk into the hotel lobby last night?

Either that or someone who looks just like him.

Did you get in the vlog?

Lack of practice against NA teams really hurt them. Wish they could have bootcamped leading up to the event like Immunity.

Not just that but they barely scrimmed at all in the couple of weeks leading up to this due to the xbox issues. Im impressed with their attitude based off tweets though. Hoping for a stronger performance today
  • Upvote (+1) 1

OpTic should be on mainstage as much as possible. Biggest fanbase and te best team.

On another note, did they ever mention how they made the bracket, and why Str8 and Splyce weren't swapped? I'm not a conspiracy guy but it's always Str8 that keeps ending up in these weird positions. They had the good pool, they got the better bracket, and now they are on mainstage over the 2 most popular teams. Just seems odd.

• Upvote (+1) 1

When they said fuck it, and just charges str8's flag for pulls it was working. They tried to slay for too long most of the time. Infuriating game. Tufoxy killed all of str8, they're all at red, and yet couldn't even get the flag out.

Supremacy has played NA teams better so far though.

London Conspiracy is in over their head, and a waste of a spot. Cryptik deserved to be here instead

I agree there should be more teams overall but it is worlds. Based on this logic soar and immunity shpuldnt be here either.

Agree about cryptik though would be awesome to see them play

Is it just me or does Danoxide look so much like Billy from School of Rock when he does the death stare0a52f09025.png

Genetic variation is beautiful, but it's always fun to see similarities pop up. 

The winners of OG/LG and TL/Str8 will have to wait around 8 hours for WB finals. 

343 level of efficiency lol. 

I think it's pretty absurd they're putting the two largest fanbases (OpTic, Ninja) on the side station for a Winners bracket match.

Would make more sense to do 

Main Stage:

10 AM Liquid / Str8

After OpTic / LG

After Losers R1 Heat 3 G1

Side Stage:

10 AM Losers R1 Heat 1

After Losers R1 Heat 2

After Losers R1 Heat 3 G2

Whoever schedules this stuff doesn't know what they're doing or anything about Halo esports. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I agree there should be more teams overall but it is worlds. Based on this logic soar and immunity shpuldnt be here either.

Agree about cryptik though would be awesome to see them play

I have no issue with immunity or soaR since they have to represent their region. EU getting three teams was always absurd, and I voiced opposition the day it was announced. Same with NA only getting 7. EU is more than fine with two, since their region is so top heavy.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Oh - I'm pretty sure I saw Hecz walk into the hotel lobby last night? 

Either that or someone who looks just like him.

Be sure you get in for the end of the vlog and the "Same damn time" part

quick update, @@LethuL winning w/ 75% of the vote. faker may dominate the mid, but even he can't break through the green wall

related: @@TheSimms, can you let whoever casts the optic matches know that the green wall refers to optic fans

• Upvote (+1) 1

Can we just take notice of how good Luminosity's social media team is? These graphics are really well done, hype as fuck and also really informative (time with the zone, link etc.). Reminds me of Fight Night posters 

they got the stream link wrong but i agree

they even reach out to me a lot when they have questions

• Upvote (+1) 7

Did you get in the vlog?

Nah. I'm pretty sure that I'm gonna end up with a Flamesword video though. He was walking into the campus yesterday filming and I just kind of walked in shot.
  • Upvote (+1) 3

Splyce has been doing an excellent job too

• Upvote (+1) 6

ESL got the stream link wrong  :simms:

• Upvote (+1) 6

I have no issue with immunity or soaR since they have to represent their region. EU getting three teams was always absurd, and I voiced opposition the day it was announced. Same with NA only getting 7. EU is more than fine with two, since their region is so top heavy.

tbh i agree in this case. For a 12 team tourney 8 na. 2 eu makes sense. Why they didnt do 16 and get an sa team in though is baffling