CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I was actually thinking about that earlier. Halo has always had really great games, but I feel like the matches in Halo 5 have just been on another crazy level compared to the old days. I'm aware the settings are different and stuff but if you didn't find some of the matches in Vegas and today's Str8 vs CP match entertaining idk man.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Would you say the work ethic now is any different than the Halo MLG prime days? Teams are really putting in the work and the games are so competitive now I'm just wondering how it compares to your experience. You have a window into the past scene and the current scene so I'm wondering what your thoughts are on the differences both for better or for worse. Obviously there's settings discrepancies, but I'm not really asking about that. I'm wondering how the pros are different now than they were back then and what's changed in the scene as far as practice/teaming/team changes/etc.

This is a response for another night but noted

• Upvote (+1) 6

I was actually thinking about that earlier. Halo has always had really great games, but I feel like the matches in Halo 5 have just been on another crazy level compared to the old days. I'm aware the settings are different and stuff but if you didn't find some of the matches in Vegas and today's Str8 vs CP match entertaining idk man.

I was thinking the same thing. I think its because of how fast the game moves.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Just getting caught up on the forums. Missed every game after Optic 3-0'd CP, so thanks for all the clips and bringing the hype. Here's to tomorrow! I love this game, love this forum!

I missed the latter half of today's games and I just caught up on the forums and now I'm sad that I missed them and this is a really bad run-on sentence.

It's even more, 2 twitch streams + beam + facebook + twitter + (i think Dashboard also?) combined

Just accidentally negged our overlord, apologies Sir.

I feel bad for EU viewers after experiencing it for myself. I couldn't stay up... D:

We prepare for this and slowly start to change our sleeping schedule days before the event. Its a hard proces, but we, true fans, can put our personal lives and families on second track. For the love for Halo.

kyOuj30.gif

• Upvote (+1) 4

I feel bad for EU viewers after experiencing it for myself. I couldn't stay up... D:

this was nothing, sometimes tourneys still would be running at 7 AM for us, I stayed up the whole night, then now got some sleep and am ready for tonight
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Did any of you eu people last the whole stream? It must not have ended until like 4am

I stayed up, finished at 3am for me.

Was worth it.

• Upvote (+1) 2

This was nothing, try watching Pro League in the UK with seminars at 9am the next morning - literally about 2hrs of sleep. Dedication, my friend! ;)

• Upvote (+1) 1

I woke up at 4am. I'm part of the opposite side of the spectrum
  • Upvote (+1) 1

@Heinz @aPG @Ace Renegade

Forgive me for doubting, gods

Also, anyone have an idea what the peak view count was yesterday?

on twitch it was just above 21k (<22k) during the Str8 - CP match
  • Upvote (+1) 2

I deliberately called it after the last game of LG/Splyce, was 1:30AM and I would prefer to stay up tonight!

• Upvote (+1) 1

on twitch it was just above 21k (<22k) during the Str8 - CP match

wow i saw 20k for nv - tl

pretty awesome that two small orgs beat the big orgs in viewership

wow i saw 20k for nv - tl

pretty awesome that two small orgs beat the big orgs in viewership

Gets me even more hyped for OpTic's matches in the high ends of winner's bracket

Last night was awesome, so glad i stayed up to watch.  TBH pleasantly surprised at how early it finished, i was fully expecting 5-6am.  I have spent the last couple of weeks letting my wife sleep in while i get up with the kids just so i can have free reign this weekend.  So worth it!

• Upvote (+1) 1

Did any of you eu people last the whole stream? It must not have ended until like 4am

Fuck yeah

• Upvote (+1) 5

The series I did see last night were so good, the best 3 on paper all going to game 7. Was rooting for CP this morning with my coffee ;c

• Upvote (+1) 1

Maybe I could just be reading the bracket wrong, but OG, TL, LG and Str8 are guaranteed Top 6 now?