FREE AUGUST TOURNAMENTS 

APEX LEGENDSROCKET LEAGUE

CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

That graphic is for multiple games across multiple time zones. OF COURSE they're going to default to the standard.

When there's a televised event going on entirely in one time zone, they'll always announce the schedule from that particular time zone.

You will NEVER see a nationally televised game with Pacific as default.

Here is a single game ad

f5700c0e-970f-4564-ac70-b3b9154753c4.nba

It's mind boggling that people are defending this

• Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 4

Just a heads up guys I won't sharing any photos myself because I'm shooting for Astro Day 1 and 2.

Lets hope Day 2 and 3 are as good as the Str8/CP matches

• Upvote (+1) 4

Yeah whoever lost that series is basically guaranteed to place 7th/8th ... then again, "morning nV" is perhaps beatable.  

You will NEVER see a nationally televised game with Pacific as default.

Here is a single game ad

f5700c0e-970f-4564-ac70-b3b9154753c4.nba

It's mind boggling that people are defending this

It's mind boggling that this is even an argument in the first place, you've got a brain, you have access to google, convert that shit.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 3

Another reason to root for nV over CP... El Town (everyone's favorite "worst" pro) will outplace all his teammates from last year ALG. 

What are the winner's bracket matches? Optic vs. LG & Str8 vs. TL?

It's mind boggling that this is even an argument in the first place, you've got a brain, you have access to google, convert that shit.

i mean I don't get why its an argument either but thats just because like, he's not wrong? it's not a big deal... but he's not wrong in that its standard

i mean i kept getting confused because i'm so used to converting from ET to my time for scheduling

entitled east coasters on beyond will never fail to make me laugh

"the event is in california, why is he not defaulting to MY TIME when relaying the schedule?"

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 8

i mean i kept getting confused because i'm so used to converting from ET to my time for scheduling

Welcome to our World.

For the tenth fucking time: the issue isn't about ME converting the time, since I know the schedule. If I'm watching for the first time and the host says see you 10am to.orrow, without mentioning a time zone, I would assume he meant eastern SINCE LITERALLY EVERY NATIONAL MEDIA uses it as the default time zone. The fact that people are arguing otherwise is idiotic.
  • Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 2

This would be a valid defense had not all the qualifying tournies weren't done this way leading up to worlds. but by introducing this now for worlds, the last lans were entirely pointless. and then viewers will all be confused as casters have to explain to them why they opted for a format that made seeding tournies pointless.

The LANs weren't entirely pointless though. Optic came in with the #1 seed, and they were placed in Group A. The bracket placements were predetermined such that WBR1 put the winner of Group A against the runner up of Group D. In other words, #1 seed versus #8 seed.

After WBR1, seeds don't mean much more than which side of the stage your on. Optics path to winners finals still technically has the least resistance possible, even if they'll be blue for a series.

As far as the timezone thing, it's standard procedure in national broadcasting to use EST. many productions will show multiple time zones. It's very strange to use PST only, especially if the text doesn't specify which time zone is being used. Most of the audience at home is going to be on the east coast.

It's not the end of the world, but it will probably confuse people. And confusing people isn't good business...

• Upvote (+1) 3

Is it true HWC hit 80k or are people just trolling? Seems impossible - I only saw 20k on twitch, but my app was fucked up most of the time.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Is it true HWC hit 80k or are people just trolling? Seems impossible - I only saw 20k on twitch, but my app was fucked up most of the time.

Timo said at one point they hit 80k across all platforms - twitch, Facebook, beam, Twitter

We don't have actual numbers though

It's even more, 2 twitch streams + beam + facebook + twitter + (i think Dashboard also?) combined

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Slightly off topic, but I'm a week into trying claw and I'm ready to quit. My shot is bronze level. Any other clawers in here have the same troubles at the start?

Slightly off topic, but I'm a week into trying claw and I'm ready to quit. My shot is bronze level. Any other clawers in here have the same troubles at the start?

Buy a scuf and save your hand.

• Upvote (+1) 2

It's even more, 2 twitch streams + beam + facebook + twitter + (i think Dashboard also?) combined

Amazing if the other platforms could cover an extra 60k people.

I actually tried out most of these platforms during the first few matches. Twitch is by far the shittiest. Saw 20k viewers tops.

Facebook was damn good quality, but the chat was more annoying than twitch chat. I saw 2k viewers tops.

Beam was baller as usual, all 300 viewers seemed to be enjoying themselves.

Twitter was the only one that could get me a decent quality when I was on a bad mobile connection. I wonder how many people came this route. Seems like an excellent way to market. But No viewers count that I'm aware of.

I didn't know there was a Dashboard stream. But I always have a horrible experience with it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Buy a scuf and save your hand.

I have a scuf. I still want to learn claw.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Hi beyond,

Feedback welcome from day 1, moving to the main stream tomorrow so would love any tips & opinions being thrown my way to make it as good as possible for the viewer... hoping this NA flu will die down by then too

Fire away!

Somebody use this during the broadcast.  :simms:  :simms:  :ace:  :ace: