CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

OpTic is the higher NA seed over TL therefore this would not be the case art all.

TL went 6-0 in Groups

OpTic went 6-1 in Groups.

TL is the higher seed.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Naded "Retiring" from Optic when he realized the roster would underperform

Wtf, so by your logic if naded is not winning or getting top 4 in pro league and he has a "feeling" that this will happen he would rather forfeit an entire season of pro league than try to win.

That is 100% the opposite of everything that naded has ever done in his career.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

So when there's an event in London you want them to announce the schedule in EST?

The event is in California. Common sense dictates that any times mentioned on stream are California time.

That isn't common sense at all. It's idiotic.

pff5gb3p5iylyby3podx.jpg

By your logic the times for the spurs, Lakers and thunder games should be different.

Eastern is the default viewing time zone. The majority of viewers will be in the midwest to eastern. It makes no sense to use Pacific as the default. No one does it.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 4

So money > morals is what I'm hearing?

Profiting from a situation that was morally wrong feels pretty shitty to me.

Like I said when it all went down, they could have formed a team without Cratos/Showtime, competed through AM and proven themselves.

Dont forget Naded/Str8Sick was good friends with Cratos before all that went down. So its not like they just sold out and joined the big bad cheater for no other reason besides money.

• Upvote (+1) 1

By your logic the times for the spurs, Lakers and thunder games should be different.

Eastern is the default viewing time zone. The majority of viewers will be in the midwest to eastern. It makes no sense to use Pacific as the default. No one does it.

I just don't get why are you making it such a huge deal, it's not hard to convert timezones.

• Upvote (+1) 2

pff5gb3p5iylyby3podx.jpg

You aren't wrong but that's how these west coast tech companies do it

They think they are the center of the world lol

Twitch does the same shit

• Upvote (+1) 1

No. That's not what I said. First, joining up with Cratos didn't guarantee a shot at worlds, so that's some revisionist history on your part.

Secondly, I have no problem with someone doing what's best for them, even when it's not necessarily what's right. But what Cratos did was downright grimey, and both Naded and Str8Sick never once said "Yeah, it sucks that we stole a pro-league spot, but oh well". They literally stayed quiet through the whole process, and played woefully ignorant. what they did rubbed people the wrong way, but also how they played it off after the fact as well.

Nothing is guaranteed, but it was the best shot they had. Str8 Sick spent the entire season on am teams after carrying Optic and getting dropped. Should he feel bad for stealing a seed when he essentially had one stolen from him after Summer Relegation? It's all relative. Cratos, Naded and Str8 Sick formed the best possible team they could at the time, and once they acquired Danoxide (which may have been the plan from the get-go) they became a real threat. Would you rather have seen Cratos blacklisted and a team of Cratos and three full-blown ams in a pro league spot?

Why would they needlessly create tension by addressing the seed thing? To satisfy a bunch of forum posters that won't be satisfied regardless? All that's going to do is create a possible internal conflict and lower team chemistry. Right now Crowd Pleasers is all on the same page. Maybe once it all blows over and the team disbands, we'll hear their thoughts on what happened, but for now just let them try and win $400,000 ffs.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

So money > morals is what I'm hearing?

Profiting from a situation that was morally wrong feels pretty shitty to me.

Like I said when it all went down, they could have formed a team without Cratos/Showtime, competed through AM and proven themselves.

Naded has been competing for 12+years, pretty sure he has proved himself by now. Also Naded is really good friends with Cratos which also influenced his decision. 

Not to mention him and Str8 Sick have been friends forever and Dan (who was on the team at the start) is like a little brother to him. But yeah he shouldnt have teamed with them at all...

• Upvote (+1) 1

i'm not saying anything about the competition but right now it's optic's tourney to lose

Will we see another LAN without an OG/nV matchup? 

Welp guys ive been on the forums since 11am (CDT) and watching Halo since noon, im pooped.  It was a great day of Halo see you all tomorrow :)

• Upvote (+1) 2

This may have been the best Friday Halo has had ever, it definitely is for the HCS.

maybe because this is the first Friday since last worlds (not including esports arena cause only 4 pro teams went) that pros played on Friday. Should be a lesson that we should have a structure so that pros play on Friday as well

pff5gb3p5iylyby3podx.jpg

That graphic is for multiple games across multiple time zones. OF COURSE they're going to default to the standard.

When there's a televised event going on entirely in one time zone, they'll always announce the schedule from that particular time zone.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Naded: "I'm in this for the long run. I want to be with OpTic no matter what."

*10 minutes later*

Naded: "I'm retiring from halo"

*20 minutes later*

Naded: "I'm still playing, join my team."

Time exaggerated for dramatic effect.

He never said he was retiring and he missed a whole pro season not 20 mins ffs.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

TL went 6-0 in Groups

OpTic went 6-1 in Groups.

TL is the higher seed.

it still continues to boggle my mind how NA seeds are entirely pointless

• Upvote (+1) 3

Will we see another LAN without an OG/nV matchup? 

well if tiber is correct and TL are on their A game, and NV make it to losers finals....

nah i dont see it with how optic is playing. TL having red wont make that much a difference if they dont show up. if they play their slayers against OG the way they played NV, it's gg. 

This is how I feel when I am spamming "CHICKEN TENDIES CHICKEN TENDIES" into the twitch chat.

Also I think I am banned. 

qKq1nON.gif

I got perma banned on the Halo channel for saying APG  :mj:

it still continues to boggle my mind how NA seeds are entirely pointless

If OpTic went 6-0, they would've been the #1 seed over TL, but they dropped game 1 versus Supremacy.

This seeding system rewards tournament performance over pre-tournament performance for its bracket stage, but still ensures pre-tournament performance is accounted for as the tiebreaker immediately after Group Stage Match/Map Win %s.

• Upvote (+1) 8

I just don't get why are you making it such a huge deal, it's not hard to convert timezones.

Because axel said the tourney starts tomorrow at 10am. That's it. Not 10am pacific, nothing. Just "see you at 10am."

That's misleading viewers and is dumb

• Downvote (-1) 4

Danoxide is immature at times, and is a polarizing pro. His fans love his antics, his critics hate his antics.

Naded, IMO doesn't get flack for making morally questionable decisions because he's a beloved scene veteran. "Retiring" from Optic when he realized the roster would underperform, and then teaming with Cratos while at the very least being cognitively aware of the shadiness that Cratos was pulling with seeds. Then vowing to drop from the team if anything shady was going on..and not dropping.

Cratos, self explanatory.

Str8Sick - Much like Naded, guilty by association, he jumped at the chance for a Pro League spot, and was completely okay with standing by Cratos/ShowTime's shady dealings.

Combine all of those with the fact that nobody on this team necessarily oozes charm/class (few on the scene do, think Pistola or SnakeBite) and this team really is easy to hate.

Than you have them up against by all accounts a team of fan-favorites. The guy people probably hate the most is APG, and that's not saying much, Renegade, Ace and Heinz are beloved.

Let's not act like were "piling on" with CP because it's the cool thing to do. They're fun to root against, I'll say it.

I actually have a hard time fighting against them. It's tough because I'm always about rooting for the underdog. Going against all odds and winning it all. That's the shit I like.

• Upvote (+1) 2

If OpTic went 6-0, they would've been the #1 seed over TL, but they dropped game 1 versus Supremacy.

This seeding system rewards tournament performance over pre-tournament performance for its bracket stage, but still ensures pre-tournament performance is accounted for as the tiebreaker immediately after Group Stage Match/Map Win %s.

This would be a valid defense had not all the qualifying tournies weren't done this way leading up to worlds. but by introducing this now for worlds, the last lans were entirely pointless. and then viewers will all be confused as casters have to explain to them why they opted for a format that made seeding tournies pointless.