CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Plenty of people know what they wish they could do when they're playing Halo. "Headshot that guy with the sniper." What makes the game awesome is how difficult it can be to translate those desires into actual plays. You have to decide what to do, and then you have to actually execute. If you fail to execute, you have to improvise, fast.

Honestly, I'm just surprised how much resistance the competitive Halo forum has to thinking that Halo is the beautiful game. Are we really this self-loathing?

You're posting like none of this happens in virtually ANY competitive title but Halo. Like...everything you're saying pertains to virtually every game ever.  Nobody is denying Halo's beauty, I've even agreed with you in multiple posts and said I straight up love the game and Esport. What I'm saying, is that its not a better Esport title than League of Legends...which I've also said is my opinion. 

Also, one of the reasons Halo 5 is doing better than Halo 4 is because of 343i added some of the original gameplay back (descoping, equal starts). So if evolving is the answer, why did we scrap loadouts and ordanince?

Argue about whatever, but let's not disparage the power of the word "evolve." Evolution doesn't mean changing for the sake of changing. Evolution is changing, and keeping the change IF IT WORKS.

Evolution is powered by natural selection. The example of scrapping layouts and ordinances is PURE natural selection and evolution. A mutation that didn't work.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Argue about whatever, but let's not disparage the power of the word "evolve." Evolution doesn't mean changing for the sake of changing. Evolution is changing, and keeping the change IF IT WORKS.

Evolution is powered by natural selection. The example of scrapping layouts and ordinances is PURE natural selection and evolution. A mutation that didn't work.

Of course, but that is what most of these changes feel like. Sprint didn't need to stay to be relevant, clamber didn't need to be introduced, etc.

Sprint wasn't accepted in either Reach or Halo 4, not sure why it stuck around  :kappa:

Playing a little Devil's Advocate here, please don't hate me.

We(myself included) argue that H5 has less skill gap than previous Halos while simultaneously one specific team won the vast majority of tournaments very convincingly.

Isn't that a bit contradictory? Doesn't skill gap lend it self to more predicable results i.e. more skilled teams/players win more often due to their "skill advantage".

Halo 5 has seen very little parody. Numbing the game down to COD level would mean that any team could win due to randomness. 

Finally why might this be, that our lowest skill gap game has had the most predictable results?

It's good to see that you can play Devil's Advocate, it's a quality most people these days don't seem to have :)

Hey all, 

Just wondered what you guys would like to see from the Gfinity UK Open event. Want to try and get as much feedback to see if we can implement any ideas you guys may have to make the event as good as it can be. 

Emma Watson isnt responding about being the host btw. Sorry. 

Separate streams (Main, A, B etc.) so there is no good highlight matches missed.

Listen in streams like UGC had (I think someone already mentioned this)

Have Gho57 cast, and yes, I know it's not an NA event but still  :bman:

9p7nnyO.png

So the only way for Tashi to take a community demand seriously is if the pro team echos into his ear what the community is saying? If 343 members are navigating "the various corners of the internet" that they say they do, why can't they comment on a clear consensus in the community until "the majority of pros collectively feel the need for a change"? So, just like Breakout, until pro players publicly come out en mass to express their opinions on something 343 is content to remain silent on issues?

• Upvote (+1) 7

H1, H2, and H3 were all vastly different from each other but also stuck to the fundamentals. They didn't need dumb gimmicks to artificially change the gameplay like sprint or clamber.

Halo was at its peak during this time and as soon as the game tried to be more like other games it started to die off. CoD was popular because of how fast paced and easy to pick up it was. Halo was popular because of the mix of slow and fast gameplay with slow kill times that made teamwork more important than anything else.

Adding spartan abilities just cheapens the gameplay and removes what made the game so popular in the first place. Sprint didn't bring in new players or improve the game in any way. It just made the game play worse and drove away a lot of Halo players. Clamber also has no place in Halo imo. Just another way to artificially speed up gameplay with dumb movement mechanics. Thrust adds an interesting dynamic to gunfights and I won't shoot it down right away but I would still prefer it being removed. 343 is trying to rebuild the franchise their way instead of expanding on Bungie's success. We went from the biggest console shooter to like the 5th most popular shooter on the xbox alone. It's sad.

In all fairness, it's a different time too. Games across the board have gotten faster due to that being more preferable to the general populace. At the time of H3, it was before Cod had really blown up with CoD 4 back in 07, so it had that. Keep in mind H3 was bleeding viewers as it went on. tastes have changed, and despite how much we might like it, 343 can't just pander to the comp community, because we are not the entire Halo community. We're just one part of it. If they released a H2/H3 clone, I can guarantee the sales wouldn't be astronomically high, or that we'd see a huge viewership change. It's a different time, Halo was losing popularity before Reach came out, no matter how much we like to put the blame on something else.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

9p7nnyO.png

So the only way for Tashi to take a community demand seriously is if the pro team echos into his ear what the community is saying? If 343 members are navigating "the various corners of the internet" that they say they do, why can't they comment on a clear consensus in the community until "the majority of pros collectively feel the need for a change"? So, just like Breakout, until pro players publicly come out en mass to express their opinions on something 343 is content to remain silent on issues?

This shows why we need to maintain the United Front at all times. If we agree strongly we do so together and loudly to force change. Dissent is contrary to the task at hand.

• Downvote (-1) 2

9p7nnyO.png

Kinda funny regarding this, yesterday @@Tashi quote replied to our tweet regarding radar but doesn't even follow Beyond on twitter (and has never) :wutface:

• Upvote (+1) 6

We need a Halo players union with monthly polls taken by all Pros. This is getting ridiculous, 343i doesnt get it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

We need a Halo players union with monthly polls taken by all Pros. This is getting ridiculous, 343i doesnt get it.

We've done polls, we've ran tournaments, we've done feedback.

We have done it all, which is why a lot of us are quick with snarky remarks and stuff. We weren't always asshole, but after a certain while you stop just don't care anymore and let your initial thoughts do the talking. I'm to the point I'm more excited to watch Gears tourneys in 2017.

Hope it works out for the players and the community, going to be interesting moving forward.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Kinda funny regarding this, yesterday @@Tashi quote replied to our tweet regarding radar but doesn't even follow Beyond on twitter (and has never) :wutface:

Maybe if you quit being so toxic and fix MCC he'll follow you.

• Upvote (+1) 5

I could of told you this back in 2012 with the release of The 4.

9p7nnyO.png

This was in response to my reddit post last night (and of course I got downvoted for it). I posted this reply from Tashi several pages ago, but people in here were too busy talking about LoL to talk about radar. feelsbadman

If we can't even call Tashi out on this bullshit when it's so blatant, nothing will ever change. It's the exact same thing that happened with Breakout. 343 claimed pros were divided on it until Snakebite publicly called them out and then surprise, shit changed. The pros that actually care about radar need to keep pushing for changes. This community needs to keep pushing for more testing until 343 listens. Call them out on Twitter or reddit since they never come here. Whatever it takes.

• Upvote (+1) 5

why are we calling randa daddy? I thought snakebite was daddy

The only people who actually call him that are himself. It's the weirdest name change. Even in Finals during the FFA the casters were still calling him Randa.

Xbox controllers are the biggest POS ever now. All the XB1 controllers break the exact same way.

Scufs don't break unless you slam them on the table after a loss  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 1