CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Damn, i wish we had some CE LANs in the UK.  Im considering building a collection of OG xboxs so i can start setting some stuff up.  Could take a while though.

It's worth a shot. I am not familiar with many UK CE players, but I'm sure there's people around. It seems like sometimes the veteran players have their own old local groups but don't really look for new players actively. I'm sure people aren't exactly close but Batchford apparently would LAN CE (ALL TALK) and Mat Logan was from somewhat in EU.

it's AC so it shouldn't count tbh

True. I should have guessed it was AC but you said it was only one crackhead not a group of them.

• Upvote (+1) 3

@@Mhunterjr Read this Twitter thread for explanation about how Pools seed Bracket (complete with examples):

https://twitter.com/TiberiusAudley/status/844947535735197698

Also fuck all y'all, this joke about Ace was a banger.

Thanks, thats kinda what suspected. But using your nV optic example the guide reads like:

Esl has already decided where the winner of each pool will be placed in WBR1 of the bracket. If two pool winners should meet up, the one with the higher match% then map% will be red team.

So matter how nV and Optic compare coming out of groups, if they both win their group, their bracket placement is predetermined, not based on any tie-breakers. Then if they meet up later in the tourney, the group tie-breakers will decide who is red.

Seeds are only used to determine the color each team will play as in each match, each final placement in each (group) is already tied to an exact position in

the bracket.

Is that not a proper interpretation of that line? If not what does that line mean?

Crazy how good Reach got with 2 simple changes

Imagine the changes that could help improve this game :apg:

• Upvote (+1) 8

It's worth a shot. I am not familiar with many UK CE players, but I'm sure there's people around. It seems like sometimes the veteran players have their own old local groups but don't really look for new players actively. I'm sure people aren't exactly close but Batchford apparently would LAN CE (ALL TALK) and Mat Logan was from somewhat in EU.

Yeah i have a group of friends (8 of us) and we occasionally LAN although we are spread over UK these days but still get one in every few months.  This is very casual but would be cool to get some friendly competitions on the go with more people involved.

Fantasy Team: "Ain't Got No Good Intentions"

Danoxide, Royal 2, Snipedown, Stellur

Parents chose this weekend to visit... I'll try to watch when I can  :mj:

Imagine the changes that could help improve this game :apg:

Whoa, slow down there.

You're talking about at least 4-5 changes.

Are you crazy? This whiny fkn community...

:kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 1

i'm just glad i'm home and it's over, i can't die today of all days 

Never change. Lmao.

• Upvote (+1) 3

i signed up for a discount card when i was checking out and as i was leaving the guy was standing at the exit so i had to walk around him, i leave and i see him walking the same direction as me, i started walking faster and then he started walking faster and then called out my name (which was strange cause idk him obviously, he was eavesdropping when i was signing up) so i turn around and loudly said "what do you want" and he backed up a little and said "hey man i just wanted to know what the time was" and then he turned around and i dipped the fuck outta there

i wasn't too worried cause he was small and the fire department was less than a block away so i knew worst case i could run there

i'm just glad i'm home and it's over, i can't die today of all days 

courage-worf-today-is-not-a-good-day-to-

• Upvote (+1) 4

For anyone building a Fantasy Team today:

Remember, it's not just about who can get a lot of kills.

While tons of kills are super important for scoring fantasy points, there are two other factors you need to keep in mind which will affect a player's score:

• Which team is most likely to play more series? - Every team is guaranteed to play at least 3 series (2 group, 1 bracket).  A team that is likely to make a good Losers Bracket run plays the most matches.  Players on teams that are likely to finish 3-8 are VALUABLE COMMODITIES on a Fantasy Team for this Worlds Format, because they are likely to play more matches than a team like OpTic who many predict to sweep the Winners bracket.
  • Which team is most likely to play LONGER series? - A team that 3-0's or 4-0's their opponents often may get a lot of kills in their games, but they play less games, meaning they get less kills in a series than a team that plays all 5 or 7 games.  Picking players off teams with a tougher group is likely to yield more fantasy points!

nvm Moses said FantasyHCS uses per game averages.  Draft Snakebite or hate your life.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Where are you getting that line?

That same line shows up twice.

I cant help but read it like your initial seed it based solely on your placement in your group + esls predetermined bracket spots for each group.

Then after round one you're reseeded within your matchup based on group, with %s coming into play when opponents had the same placement in their respective group.

I wonder what percentage of people here work in IT in some form? At least 3 on this page alone. I work in software support (shoot me in the face), moving to QA in a few weeks.

I do web dev/designing etc so I have SQL queries on my screen sometimes too xD

• Upvote (+1) 1

That same line shows up twice.

I cant help but read it like your initial seed it based solely on your placement in your group + esls predetermined bracket spots for each group.

Then after round one you're reseeded within your based on %s

WAIT THEY EDITED THE FUCKING RULEBOOK?!  LOL

Edit:

This is the Rulebook I received in my e-mail before the event (Received March 16th):

9f86d7dbbcc3a794a814ec1794fff46a.png

This is what you just sent me: (Indented Bullet points are the same, so just screenshotting the first paragraph)

4d3e3141736bcd81569a87d1b441794f.png

Additional Info to avoid a witch-hunt/pitchfork fest: They did e-mail this change out to teams/team management, I was just not forwarded the e-mail.

• Upvote (+1) 5

For anyone building a Fantasy Team today:

Remember, it's not just about who can get a lot of kills.

While tons of kills are super important for scoring fantasy points, there are two other factors you need to keep in mind which will affect a player's score:

• Which team is most likely to play more series? - Every team is guaranteed to play at least 3 series (2 group, 1 bracket).  A team that is likely to make a good Losers Bracket run plays the most matches.  Players on teams that are likely to finish 3-8 are VALUABLE COMMODITIES on a Fantasy Team for this Worlds Format, because they are likely to play more matches than a team like OpTic who many predict to sweep the Winners bracket.
  • Which team is most likely to play LONGER series? - A team that 3-0's or 4-0's their opponents often may get a lot of kills in their games, but they play less games, meaning they get less kills in a series than a team that plays all 5 or 7 games.  Picking players off teams with a tougher group is likely to yield more fantasy points!

i think they average the game scores so idk if this is true for fantasyhcs but i appreciate the general fantasy knowledge 

Ive been so busy with shit at the moment that I haven't been able to get myself hyped, but this weekend is the first I've got off from seeing people and work etc and only an hour to go.

Time to kick back, relax, chat shit on Twitch, and enjoy what should be a heck of a weekend.