CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

This country is weird.

:ace:

LOL It's not uncommon to have something like 2 eggs, sausage with sausage gravy sandwiched between 2 waffles, donuts, or whatever savory pastry of choice for breakfast.

There is nothing better than having an all-American breakfast at a classic 24/7 diner.

...while drunk at 3 AM.

• Upvote (+1) 8

This is actually my first Worlds so I'm pretty hyped. Unfortunately I'm working until 2:30pm today and from 11-4pm tomorrow but I'll try to catch all of the games regardless :ace:

To clarify, you guys do know that the bracket seeding will be determined by map count win % right? So, we won't know the bracket at all until pool play is over with.

Can someone in the know help follow up on this, because the way the guidebook is written suggests things work a bit differently (unless I'm misunderstanding)

Each final placement in each is

already tied to an exact position in the bracket. These first round matches

will feature a first place team from the Group Stage against a second

place team from the Group Stage. No two teams from the same group

can be placed in the same half of the Winner’s Bracket

I take this to mean that it already been predetermined where in the bracket each pool winner and runner up will be placed. (Hopefully its group A v group D and group B v group C- this is the only fair way to proceed)

Then, the following criteria will be used to determine who is red/blue in each bracket match

placement in group > Match win percentage in Group Stage > Map win percentage in Group Stage > Regional qualifying position > Regional Hierarchy (NA,EU,ANZ,LAT)

So in WBR1 group winners all are guarunteed to be red team,

In WBR2, group match% then map% taskes precedent over initial seed. So if Optic and Str8 both win their groups and meet in wbr2, its POSSIBLE that Str8 could be red despite having a lower initial seed

Overall, this is a fair system so long as it's groupA v D, but it's strange that a top seed could potential have their color changing each round, but i guess the main thing is that their path to finals isn't altered by strange tourney math.

Could be worth voting for this one.

Self-selection bias poll :intensifies:

• Upvote (+1) 6

So, Rocket League has an official weekly RLCS podcast now, with top 5 plays segments for both NA and EU. :thinking:

• Upvote (+1) 1

So, Rocket League has an official weekly RLCS podcast now, with top 5 plays segments for both NA and EU. :thinking:

We have a HCS Podcast too, just no one listens to it.

• Upvote (+1) 2

It's barely advertised, I only knew of this week's episode because Royal 2 tweeted about it. The RLCS Podcast is also streamed on Twitch, whereas the HCS Podcast is just put on soundcloud and whatnot.

It's barely advertised, I only knew of this week's episode because Royal 2 tweeted about it. The RLCS Podcast is also streamed on Twitch, whereas the HCS Podcast is just put on soundcloud and whatnot.

You aren't missing much to be honest, it's a pretty hollow podcast that plays it way too safe.

• Upvote (+1) 2

This is actually my first Worlds so I'm pretty hyped. Unfortunately I'm working until 2:30pm today and from 11-4pm tomorrow but I'll try to catch all of the games regardless :ace:

Streamed on both facebook and if it helps, also we have 2 xboxs on B stream, going to try some tri-casts and some new things with multiple angles during the games. Praise the mighty @@Wonderboy and his glorious pov/observer usage.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Streamed on both facebook and if it helps, also we have 2 xboxs on B stream, going to try some tri-casts and some new things with multiple angles during the games. Praise the mighty @@Wonderboy and his glorious pov/observer usage.

I was going to ask if the B stream would be casted as well.  Not only is it casted but its casted by the A team!

I enjoy the HCS podcast, but it would be amazing if they streamed it every week on the Halo twitch channel.

• Upvote (+1) 2

An average of a 1000 or so listeners roughly.. more than I would of thought. Not too bad comparatively to the average number of viewers we have across all tournament/league streams. 

Personally, I don't see the appeal in a podcast in purely audio form. 

Self-selection bias poll :intensifies:

It's safe to assume that the 30% of respondents that have yet to try the new radar have hesitated to do so because they prefer the default :kappa:

I work at home with my home PC next to my work PC. As long as i just nudge the mouse of my work PC every few minutes... nobody will know and I dont have to use PTO

Hello its me your supervisor

:p

• Upvote (+1) 3

I remember watching saiyan when he was playing in the open bracket and thinking to myself he would go pro and now the man is at worlds. Pretty cool to see.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Not sure if this was already linked last night, but Saiyan got a tac against nV in warmups

No matter how bad is HCS run sometimes, I am supper happy we get new rising stars every year. Nobody knew about this guy couple of months ago. Its not so bad right ?

• Upvote (+1) 3

Whoa whoa whoa. All jersey is known for is being terribly disgusting.. and having terrible drivers.. 

You have to drive into Philly for any decent food

You'll have to put better bait on the line for me to bite. Mentions terribly disgusting ; brings up Philly. GG

• Upvote (+1) 5

:fire: OH IT'S FUCKING LIT BOYS :fire:

ifiMWXS.gif

:fire::simms::fire::simms::fire::simms::fire:

I didn't know that this was my dream when I made that gif but now I've seen my dreams come true. I can die happy.

• Upvote (+1) 3