CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

The stuff you guys smoking when comparing Halo to Lol must be strong. I would never compare Halo to Csgo and those are both fps games.

• Upvote (+1) 7

I've never played or watched a game of LoL.

Fight me.

i don't understand LoL, nor have I ever watched it. Outplayed. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

Hey all, 

Just wondered what you guys would like to see from the Gfinity UK Open event. Want to try and get as much feedback to see if we can implement any ideas you guys may have to make the event as good as it can be. 

Emma Watson isnt responding about being the host btw. Sorry. 

i can just imagine emma reading a our desperate tweets

9yZbOVImRw9Z6.gif

• Upvote (+1) 7

i can just imagine emma reading a our desperate tweets

9yZbOVImRw9Z6.gif

Shouldn't be going directly at her, you target a brother first to make friends with.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The stuff you guys smoking when comparing Halo to Lol must be strong. I would never compare Halo to Csgo and those are both fps games.

23266068.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 5

I dont know anything about this game but if thats jaw dropping I dont think Id enjoy watching it at all

There are way more incredible and flashier plays with much more wow factor. I just picked a clip that was mechanically jaw dropping. The amount of spells he dodged in a short time that would have ended that fight with him losing is pretty freaking impressive.

Doublelift, the guy who wins the 2v1 is one of the better mechanical AD carries in the United States. 

• Downvote (-1) 1

I think individual mechanics take a tremendous amount of skill, but its much larger than that. 

Lets say you and I are in a 1v1 bot lane and we're both top tier players. I need to know your abilities, cool downs, where you're going to move, where your skill shots will be, where my skill shots should be, where are my minions, where are your minions, do I have help coming, do you have help coming, how much damage am I outputting, ect ect. Now factor all of that into a ten second window, while we're both focusing on our movement and positioning in order to outplay one another. Again, keep in mind: I factor preparation and strategy into skill. 

If you can genuinely watch this clip and have your jaw on the floor by his individual mechanics, and awareness I'll see myself out. 

https://clips.twitch.tv/doublelift/BrainyLionArgieB8

https://clips.twitch.tv/doublelift/BrainyLionArgieB8

As someone who knows very little about LoL it just seems like he outplayed the two people and not so much beat them with his mechanical skill. I might just be missing something.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXdN0G3Wm3A&feature=youtu.be&t=3h38m43s

Here is a good example of mechanical skill in CS.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I downloaded LoL and played one game. 5 minutes later it was off of my PC. Halo is so much better in all ways even though you can't really compare the two games because one is an FPS and one is a MOBA

he's been #1 as long as i've (+fantasy team) been tracking

zhxIBhS.png

Are these stats for league games?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Playing a little Devil's Advocate here, please don't hate me.

We(myself included) argue that H5 has less skill gap than previous Halos while simultaneously one specific team won the vast majority of tournaments very convincingly.

Isn't that a bit contradictory? Doesn't skill gap lend it self to more predicable results i.e. more skilled teams/players win more often due to their "skill advantage".

Halo 5 has seen very little parody. Numbing the game down to COD level would mean that any team could win due to randomness. 

Finally why might this be, that our lowest skill gap game has had the most predictable results?

That's not actually relevant to a game's skill gap.

If I wanted to use that logic, I can mention FB's dominance, which lasted longer than CLG/OG's run has lasted so far.

I downloaded LoL and played one game. 5 minutes later it was off of my PC. Halo is so much better in all ways even though you can't really compare the two games because one is an FPS and one is a MOBA

I'm with you on that the only MOBA I could even slightly enjoy playing was Smite and that's because it's a MOBA played similarly to a 3rd person shooter. Still didn't like it much and never even got to the point of being able to play ranked matches.

• Upvote (+1) 1

As someone who knows very little about LoL it just seems like he outplayed the two people and not so much beat them with his mechanics skill. I might just be missing something.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXdN0G3Wm3A&feature=youtu.be&t=3h38m43s

Here is a good example of mechanical skill in CS.

Its the positioning during the entire fight, timing of abilities(heal/flash), and all of the above. I can send much more mechanical plays, no doubt. This was one I pulled that got posted like two days ago. 

I'd continue this chat, but I've already been warned politely to kill the LoL talk :(

@@FrankieFourShot I'm so sorry. I stopped, I swear. They just keep going! 

Are these stats for league games?

When my first thought reading that was: "League, wtf is he drunk?" you know that this thread is slightly off course.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I'm sure it has a LOT of depth that you wouldn't even get close to tapping into in one match, just like playing one match of C.E. would not expose it's depth to you. The devil is in the details.

yeah PL only

Stats are different than mine. What way did they handle players playing on different gamertags?

Is there a thread for ppl attending UGC STL? Or is one gonna be made? Ill be there and id like to say hello to some of you guys.

:)

• Upvote (+1) 2

You played one game? A full game? 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yeah. Not a MOBA fan, I like FPS and TPS better
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

not in 5 minutes he didn't hahah. I've played thousands of league games and only had a handful end in less than 20

not in 5 minutes he didn't hahah. I've played thousands of league games and only had a handful end in less than 20

I've played about 3000+ games of league and I've never had a game end in 5 minutes LOL

• Upvote (+1) 1

Played one game of LoL and uninstalled it, played several of smite. Never got why MOBAs are so massively popular. I occasionally watch a tournament finals though, shit gets hyped.

Is there a thread for ppl attending UGC STL? Or is one gonna be made? Ill be there and id like to say hello to some of you guys.

:)

Technically since the event is a qualifier for HWC, we'll probably just keep the discussion for St. Louis in this thread.

That being said, I'll be there so make sure to say hello!  Always cool to meet others in the community.

• Upvote (+1) 1