CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

What the hell is going on with LG?

I know Ninja had a tourney over the weekend but you'd think they'd be scrimming as much as possible now to make up for that, seems like they've given up...

Can teams not scrim eachother at the venue before the event or is that not allowed? You think it would be so the forgien teams could play the NA teams on a solid connection before the event.

• Upvote (+1) 1

As the guy who did r/Halo's CSS it has almost nothing in common with the default Reddit CSS, but you're entitled to your opinion. I also think the Xbox One sub looks great, so if you think that's too close to default I'm not sure what you're looking for. I'm always open to suggestions if you have any. I did like the tl;dr, though.

Fair enough, saying it looks like the default subreddits isn't right. Just my personal preference for something more attention grabbing like this https://www.reddit.com/r/witcher/ with the customized 'upvote' button, great Witcher-esque background color & header as well. I'm probably in the minority for this sort of style though. Suggestions wise, really don't have any worthwhile ones tbh. Apart from maybe leaning harder on a Master Chief styled theme as opposed to the classic 'Red vs Blue'. Alongside a darker green/gray palette perhaps.

Great job on the subreddit though of course! 

• Upvote (+1) 1

How many Halo War 2 ads will be shown this weekend?

You mean how many Monitor's Bounty and Piiiiiiiiiizzzzzzzzzzzzzaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa ads will be shown this weekend?

What the hell is going on with LG?

I know Ninja had a tourney over the weekend but you'd think they'd be scrimming as much as possible now to make up for that, seems like they've given up...

I honestly feel sorry for his teammates Ninja still found time to stream H1 yesterday but practicing for a million dollar tournament fuck that. :kappa:
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Subs_crossection.jpg

i had never heard of this place and there are 4 in my state. wth.

100% but i feel like people think they are the weakest of the foreign teams

How are SoaR? Never seen them play/heard anything about their practice

Since we're on Fast Food, I gotta say it. Taco Bell is bad and gross and I love it so much.

You are a LOW CLASS human!!!

(I love it too)

• Upvote (+1) 3

I work in a place that I essentially Raising Canes with a more diverse menu. We aren't a chain place, but the sauce is identical.

It's 3 parts Mayo, 2 parts Red Sauce. Mixed 5 gallons at a time.

Red Sauce is mixed as 3 and a half cans of ketchup, half a gallon of Worcestershire sauce, a cup of garlic salt, a cup of Lawrys, and a cup+ of black pepper.

You're welcome, Canes lovers.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Does anyone know if SoaR is playing with Tapping Buttons or Munoz this weekend? The tweet SoaR sent out announcing the roster listed Tapping Buttons, but everything HCS/ESL has sent out since has listed Munoz and I haven't heard if Tapping Buttons sorted out his visa issue.

Since we're on Fast Food, I gotta say it. Taco Bell is bad and gross and I love it so much.

The worst thing I could have found out is that DoorDash delivers Taco Bell in my area. I've had to significantly increase my willpower to not get it every week.

r/Halo CSS stuff

I see what you're talking about. I tend to shy away from the customized upvote/downvote arrows because if they're done wrong they're really off-putting. What I'd like to do more of is cycling through different themes with the same format we currently have for something topically relevant; I've been doing it for HCS events (like right now the header and logo are different than our current theme), but I want to extend that to the sprites for the sidebar images/general color palette. So now would be multiplayer-themed, E3/closer to H6 would be Chief-themed, etc. One thing I've been working on is implementing a dark mode and having a sidebar toggle for it, I might also do a greenish Chief one if I have enough stylesheet space.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Their loaded grillers are my kryptonite. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

How are SoaR? Never seen them play/heard anything about their practice

SoaR had Tapping Buttons who Ogre2 considers one of the best talents in the game. Unfortunately, I think he had visa issues and was supposedly unable to come. Munoz subbed in for him. However, a couple of days ago when SoaR announced they had taken over the roster, they had Tapping's name on the roster. There is speculation that the org helped him out somehow. I haven't heard any solid confirmation that he is/isnt going from anywhere.

https://soar.gg/blogs/news/soar-acquires-halo-5-team

Also, huge fan of your Halo Lore videos btw.  

There are only 4 winners 1 matches meaning 8 teams? not sure what you're getting at.

Edit: NVM i thought you were referring to the image, not the bracket that it is linked to on the website.

Edit 2: Its formatted that way because there are 4 teams heading straight to losers from pools.  Standard bracket generators put the first loser round after the first winners round, but in this case they are the same.  They'll just start filling out the bracket in the second round.

Correct. You can be a 'Merican again, congratulations

All teams come out of groups.  Top 2 in each group start in the winners bracket. Loser of each group starts in Losers.

I can't wait to see what team gets shafted when there is a 3 way tie because of the 3 team groups....

Yeah, I figured that is what they would do just thought they could edit it to reflect reality since the bracket image on their page looks like it's custom and it would prevent confusion.

SoaR had Tapping Buttons who Ogre2 considers one of the best talents in the game. Unfortunately, I think he had visa issues and was supposedly unable to come. Munoz subbed in for him. However, a couple of days ago when SoaR announced they had taken over the roster, they had Tapping's name on the roster. There is speculation that the org helped him out somehow. I haven't heard any solid confirmation that he is/isnt going from anywhere.

Also, huge fan of your Halo Lore videos btw.  

Ahhhhhhhhh so that's why everyone's talking about Tapping Buttons, makes sense now. If that's the case and he's able to come, it'll be interesting to see where they stack up not just against Str8, but against FabE as well

yZZbmmZ.jpg

We gotta do something like this now.

Note: I did not make this. The choices made on the graphic do not reflect my personal opinions.

• Upvote (+1) 4

My small college town had two restaurants that are pretty famous (in-state famous anyways) for their burgers, and I moved from there to a town with Five Guys and a couple small-time burger joints.

Arkansas is not a friendly place if you want to keep a relatively healthy lifestyle, love hamburgers, and have no self control.

Oh yeah Optic top 1. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

If any teams are traveling to Cali early I'm more than happy to host bootcamping/scrims at the Arena for you guys.

Can teams not scrim eachother at the venue before the event or is that not allowed? You think it would be so the forgien teams could play the NA teams on a solid connection before the event.

Phade offered but sadly doesn't sound like teams took him up on it. I saw Naded say something about some press stuff today, so maybe 343 is keeping them busy today.

yZZbmmZ.jpg

We gotta do something like this now.

Note: I did not make this. The choices made on the graphic do not reflect my personal opinions.

Buffalo Wild Wings in the Final?! FAKE NEWS!

• Upvote (+1) 9

to stay on topic

if u call a hoagie a sub, you've never had a good one.

also, anyone who refers to a cheesesteak as a philly cheesesteak has never had a good one.

also also, i dont think a better burger exists than a bacon cheeseburger with ketchup and bbq sauce from five guys.. however, i have never tried in and out....... i hear good things.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Commie Scab is from workaholics right?

And a premium member?

You sir are a national treasure. 

HA, yes. From "The Strike"

Where are all the British people to back me up when I say Nandos?

Not British but Pakistan has Nandos and I go there everytime I'm back home. So good.

Nandos is a bit shit really.

Get deleted nerd