CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Good choice. Not trying to start a war here, but you need to go here.

51104bc23ed90ce5b4e5ad6711f23edc.png

Five Guys >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

• Upvote (+1) 9

well to be fair, it's just a few scrims, but you could look at it this way:

nV beats Immunity 10-3

nV beats Splyce 13-0

Immunity beats Splyce 7-6

Splyce qualified over Cryptik AND ALG

I'm not saying they're a powerhouse, but they're absolutely formidable, and FAB is better than the Epsilon squad last year that made a ton of noise at Worlds.

Don't cut them down just because they're not NA

Well an international team is going to be considered a top 8 team after worlds regardless of what happens. Id go full conspiracy mode but that would take a while.

Five Guys >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

i guess you havent tried smashburger

SmashBurger-Pictures-1024x690.jpg

and now im hungry

• Upvote (+1) 3

Well an international team is going to be considered a top 8 team after worlds regardless of what happens. Id go full conspiracy mode but that would take a while.

I wouldn't even make that leap unless they have a good showing. If they just get dumpstered and get top 8 because there's only 7 NA teams it would be silly to consider them top 8. However if they put up a fight and just barely lose and end up 8th or even higher then it would be arguable or appropriate to consider them top 8. Honestly I think worlds should be an open event where the top 4 placings out of the open bracket get put into the remaining top 16 spots for pool play

If there is one thing that 'Merica knows, its burgers.

• Upvote (+1) 8

and now im hungry

I love SmashBurger  but it is a little expensive 

Good Earth Rotation everyone!

(It's an inclusive greeting that is suitable for everyone since we all congregate from different parts of the world. Better than the standard pleasantries.) 

• Upvote (+1) 7

Just know that Whataburger is better...

Incorrect.

Optic top 1. Won't lose a series. Snakebite gonna destroy souls in the nicest, most father figure way possible

• Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I wouldn't even make that leap unless they have a good showing. If they just get dumpstered and get top 8 because there's only 7 NA teams it would be silly to consider them top 8. However if they put up a fight and just barely lose and end up 8th or even higher then it would be arguable or appropriate to consider them top 8. Honestly I think worlds should be an open event where the top 4 placings out of the open bracket get put into the remaining top 16 spots for pool play

I second this.  Could be a cool setup but rough to pull off unless they have more stations, 3 or 4 streams or are ok with playing a lot of matches off stream.

12 teams invited and placed into pools

Open bracket functions as the LCQ. location agnostic.

4 survivors out of open bracket get placed into pools

Open bracket + pool play for the 12 placed teams on Friday

finish pool play for teams that survive the open and begin bracket play Saturday.

Championship Sunday as there always has been.

Edit: 4 teams out of the open could skip pool play and go straight to the losers bracket too.  THere are a number of workable scenarios.

I know this exact scenario has been suggested before, but it bears repeating.

• Upvote (+1) 2

and now im hungry

Explain this 'smash burger' to a UK peasant please.

Edit: agnostic location is not very inclusive, didn't the sudds have a prayer gang at events?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Immunity lost 13-0 to STR8. The last time NV played STR8 it was 7-0, NV. So if we're going by scrims, I dont like Immunity's chances. Then again, if you went off ALGs scrims going into the LCQ....well you get the point.

I second this.  Could be a cool setup but rough to pull off unless they have more stations, 3 or 4 streams or are ok with playing a lot of matches off stream.

12 teams invited and placed into pools

Open bracket functions as the LCQ. location agnostic.

4 survivors out of open bracket get placed into pools

Open bracket + pool play for the 12 placed teams on Friday

finish pool play for teams that survive the open and begin bracket play Saturday.

Championship Sunday as there always has been.

Edit: 4 teams out of the open could skip pool play and go straight to the losers bracket too.  THere are a number of workable scenarios.

I know this exact scenario has been suggested before, but it bears repeating.

i like this set up. for this to work it would have to be a 2 weekend event. there would be no way that something that size gets done in 3 days

i dont know how you would space the events to make it feasible for people with work/school, but i would hope 343/esl would fly the 4 open teams out for the finals if they dont get a sponsor

You take a standard thickness beef patty and literally smash it so it gets real thin.

You can cook it quickly over very high heat, stack them together, and it makes a wider base for condiments.  They can only be cooked in a pan or flattop.  If you're doing it right, you are also using a copious amount of butter to get them a little bit of a delicious crust.

• Upvote (+1) 3

i like this set up. for this to work it would have to be a 2 weekend event. there would be no way that something that size gets done in 3 days

i dont know how you would space the events to make it feasible for people with work/school, but i would hope 343/esl would fly the 4 open teams out for the finals if they dont get a sponsor

It really depends on funding and interest with stuff like this. Worlds doesn't really have to be a 3 day thing. If its one event a year that's going to be huge you could set it up to be played over a week rather than a weekend and things like that. I kind of doubt it works out that way for Halo because its just not popular though

Edit: agnostic location is not very inclusive, didn't the sudds have a prayer gang at events?

You take a standard thickness beef patty and literally smash it so it gets real thin.

You can cook it quickly over very high heat, stack them together, and it makes a wider base for condiments.  They can only be cooked in a pan or flattop.  If you're doing it right, you are also using a copious amount of butter to get them a little bit of a delicious crust.

exactly. a little bit of crunch, perfectly juicy. a couple of patties and some topping and boom. enough calories for a day in one delicious package. its why im getting fat

Good choice. Not trying to start a war here, but you need to go here.

51104bc23ed90ce5b4e5ad6711f23edc.png

I'd fully support Five Guys Burgers and Fries if it came down to a war between prominent burger franchises. 

This is literally Game of Thrones now...

"House Poolcat stands behind, Five Guys!"

"House Stark supports Whataburger!"

"House Moa lend their banners to In N Out!"

also Jersey Mikes has best subs don't @

• Upvote (+1) 6

You can definitely do that in one weekend, you just need to have enough stations to run the first 3/4s of pool play at the same time the open is running.  You could even limit the "open" portion to be like 32 teams with reserved spots for the top 8 in points.

Honestly i wouldn't have a complaint if there were 16 teams that had all earned their way there via LAN events.  I just think that an open event at finals would be very cool.

Its 10:30am and I'm thinking about driving to five guys already. This thread is dangerous to my health lol

Seriously. Im like a St. Bernard over here drooling all over myself thinking about smashed butter crusted jalepeno and blue cheese burgers.

I'm going to need a minute alone....

Immunity lost 13-0 to STR8. The last time NV played STR8 it was 7-0, NV. So if we're going by scrims, I dont like Immunity's chances. Then again, if you went off ALGs scrims going into the LCQ....well you get the point.

Immunity went 10-3 against nV and 7-6 against Splyce. That's more promising than last year's scrims for sure. They also arguably had a harder pool last year against Denial and Elevate who placed 3rd and 4th.

I don't think anyone is saying that they are top 1, I think people are just genuinely surprised and excited to see them compete with NA.

Never been a fan of hamburgers :stressed:

also Jersey Mikes has best subs don't @

Dibellas all day.

• Upvote (+1) 2

You can definitely do that in one weekend, you just need to have enough stations to run the first 3/4s of pool play at the same time the open is running.  You could even limit the "open" portion to be like 32 teams with reserved spots for the top 8 in points.

Honestly i wouldn't have a complaint if there were 16 teams that had all earned their way there via LAN events.  I just think that an open event at finals would be very cool.

i guess i shouldve said i would prefer it over 2 weekends. have the lcq be a 25k open which gives the am teams their own spotlight and a better chance at a big payday than opens where they have to face optic/nv/etc. then continue to another weekend which lets everyone start fresh. its basically what we did except the lcq was all online and i dont know if cash was on the line

Never been a fan of hamburgers :stressed:

You've just ruined my stereotype of Americans.

• Upvote (+1) 1