CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I'm really curious now as to how Rayne + Penguin would have placed at HWC 2016 with better teammates

They placed 4th? Lol. That's pretty damn good. Swift Kill and Calm were excellent players.

are you implying swift kill and calm mentality are bad

For reference:

CeFjvD-UAAAfOgZ.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 5

So after worlds on Saturday/ Sunday is there a spot where the halo community parties/chills? Or is it like everyone goes their own way.

• Upvote (+1) 1

but you personally made multiple posts on the subject and started bringing up Sweepstakes Laws which, unless a skillfull competition is a sweepstakes, don't even apply to competitive gaming... if you don't care, then don't care.

Shit, now I'm furthering the discussion. My bad.

I don't really care for the current situation so that's not what I'm commenting on, but competitive gaming laws in NJ have sucked for quite some time, and they aren't classified here under skill based games but under games of chance which is incredibly dumb. Must have changed around 2009 or so when Halo 3 was out. NJ used  to have one of the best local tournament scenes with NJ Halo running tournaments every 2 months since Halo CE. They still exist, but have to operate right on the border of NJ.

There was recently some sort of council meeting down in Atlantic City NJ that @Goldenboy told me about. I didn't end up making it down but it was in regards to this whole situation of competitive gaming tournaments. I also feel it's some sort of attempt for AC to stay relevant as it's been bleeding out for decades, and I think NJ is trying to make AC the home for it's Esports.

We have a MLG Gears tournament there I believe coming up which is cool. It's weird how these laws work. There have been numerous fighting game events in NJ. Smash Apex is at Rutgers and some of these tournaments are allowed to operate while some end up getting cease and desist letters.

It unfortunately isn't so black and white, at least at a state level.

• Upvote (+1) 1

but you personally made multiple posts on the subject and started bringing up Sweepstakes Laws which, unless a skillfull competition is a sweepstakes, don't even apply to competitive gaming... if you don't care, then don't care.

Shit, now I'm furthering the discussion. My bad.

.. I said we dont care who comments on it, people are trying to act like we are hiding something - when we do not care who says what about it.

The only reason we halted the discussion is because it was getting out of hand - personal insults, attacks, etc. 

The Sweepstakes law does apply to gaming, and even if it somehow did not - it is still a clear logical ethics violation. 

To be clear, I dont give a shit about anyone personally on Str8 Rippin as I am sure they are all wonderful people, but I do care about the integrity of the league as a fan that tunes in.

• Upvote (+1) 5

So after worlds on Saturday/ Sunday is there a spot where the halo community parties/chills? Or is it like everyone goes their own way.

I think 343 and Pros get together at a bar somewhere and record videos about who has the best haricuts and shoes 

• Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 1

This is all I wanted. The whole time. 

A time frame.

Where to watch.

What they are playing for.

In (1) tweet. 

We did it.

:weback:

• Upvote (+1) 5

This is all I wanted. The whole time. 

A time frame.

Where to watch.

What they are playing for.

In (1) tweet. 

We did it.

giphy.gif

• Upvote (+1) 4

Tnh that was a little underwhelming 

hmm, i had the exact opposite reaction.  I thought it was pretty slick for not being chock full of overkills.  The competition was good except for that one random perfect kill on Molten...  Not sure what that was about.  

I reminds me of early H2 montages

• Upvote (+1) 2

hmm, i had the exact opposite reaction.  I thought it was pretty slick for not being chock full of overkills.  The competition was good except for that one random perfect kill on Molten...  Not sure what that was about.  

I reminds me of early H2 montages

I just felt like it could of been a lot better im not saying it was bad at all but eh

• Upvote (+1) 1

i comletely disagree. that was exactly how i like fragvids

Just felt like the clips didnt live up to him as a player 

its exactly what I expect from a pterodactyl

• Upvote (+1) 4

idk, i feel the same way about halo montages as i do when watching basketball.  Huge dunks and 40ft jumpers get all the attention but I have a lot of respect and love to see smart, hustle plays just as much.

• Upvote (+1) 1