CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

What was the whole Stellur thing again?

Roster lock was over, but Cratos wanted stellur off the team because he felt it was disrespectful for Stellur to ask for the money he was promised.

Stellur refused to resign (which would have made him ineligible for the rest of the season), so Cratos logged into his xbl account, logging Stellur out in the middle of a pro league match. He then accused Stellur of throwing, which is a means for disqualification.

After it came to light that Cratos was actually responsible for the throwing, ESL fined the whole team (even Stellur) and didn't excersize their right to dq Cratos.

• Upvote (+1) 5

What was the whole Stellur thing again?

Stellur got logged out of his xbl account and and the whole team was fined, stellur included

Makes sense right

• Upvote (+1) 4

I skipped forward ten pages to avoid the Str8 thing and I FAILED. Let's just enjoy some god damn halo.

Will Naded finally win a championship? Will Snipedown tbag after getting a triple with an Assault Rifle and an Overshield? Will Lethul be happy when he wins another million? Tune in this weekend to find out!

Stellur got logged out of his xbl account and and the whole team was fined, stellur included

Makes sense right

I spaced on the whole "Wheres the second Xbox" thing. I try to forget.

Stellur was playing for E6 but due to issues with compensation he wanted to leave after the roster had been submitted. Due to having to wait until after week 3, he had to play with the team and there was bad blood. The whole team was fined 5% of the seasons winnings because Cratos, Suspector and Bubu didn't invite Stellur to the call and just hid in corners and didn't try against OG in there first match of the season.

holy shit, I must've missed that game then

I did know about the Stellur being logged out thing, I didn't know everyone just threw the game week one.

If you don't release a schedule ahead of time, people can't complain that you're running behind schedule.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Speaking of changing rules, did they ever actually close the Cratos loophole?

Don't think they ever mentioned it to be honest.

Honestly they don't even need to they just need to actually utilize the "living document" and "integrity of the game" clauses and make a good judgement next time instead of getting fleeced.

Anyway, i'm glad all that nonsense is behind us now.  Really looking forward to some good halo this weekend.  Not sure about the winners bracket finalist having so much dead space between play time, but im sure Optic can handle it  :lxthul:

Having said that, it must be god damn convenient as hell to have a rulebook that's a "living document" that you can just take rules out of because "we forgot about it".

At the same time, they completely ignored the "living document" part of their rules when Showtime and Cratos shaded Bubu and Shooter out of a pro seed. Because according to ESL/HCS, there was a loophole and so it was fine. Or how Stellur was fined for Cratos and Showtime trying to get him banned from Pro League for "quitting out".

Funny how these rule changes work out for certain parties and not others. I can't wait for HWC 2017 to be over and we can see if someone competent might get a change to run things.

• Upvote (+1) 3

They were literally breaking the rules so hard they had to completely change the rule, not just clarify it, and come up with the bullshit response that a rulebook is a "living document" that they can change at any time as they see fit, quite a dangerous precedent being set there.  

• Upvote (+1) 12
  • Downvote (-1) 8

Interesting fact: Ace was technically stripped of his eligibility after helping his team secure a top 4 placement in Pro League season 2

How's that for favoritism?

the bullshit response that a rulebook is a "living document" that they can change at any time as they see fit, quite a dangerous precedent being set there.  

It is, but it's a clause they've had since they first released the rulebook months after being asked for it. They just ignored that clause before today, and probably only used it because it affects their employees' team.

They were literally breaking the rules so hard they had to completely change the rule, not just clarify it, and come up with the bullshit response that a rulebook is a "living document" that they can change at any time as they see fit, quite a dangerous precedent being set there.  

So ESL aren't allowed to change their dumb rules? If they went through with it then they would get so much hate and it would solve nothing.

You must not have been playing attention.

The rule was changed after worlds 2016. It stayed changed for 2 pro league seasons, and was erroneosly reintroduced in the worlds 2017 rulebook.

Think about it. Why would they intentionally reintroduce the rule if they wanted Ace to play? He's the only player the rule effects...

Sometimes, your conspiracy theories just don't make any sense. It's ok.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

So ESL aren't allowed to change their dumb rules? If they went through with it then they would get so much hate and it would solve nothing.

Let's change our rules day before worlds because "whoops we messed up again."

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 4

Dang imagine the legal reprucussions for ESL if the rule book didn't have the "living document" clause. One rule saved ESL & Ace from being shafted.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I am glad Ace can play, but the past few days have been extremely odd.

Screw the #GroupGate conspiracy. Screw the Ace/Elam sibling crap.

How is this not a legitimate concern though? Small, who works at ESL in LEAGUE OPERATIONS, owns a stake in Str8 Rippin, a team that competes in the ESL Pro League. Fairly certain it is illegal for Small to own any stake in an organization (STR8) that competes in the league he works for (ESL). It is also an extreme ethics violation in my opinion, where do we draw the line here? Can the president of ESL have a co-ownership in an outside organization that competes in the ESL league? Is that a good look for the integrity of the league?

Seems wrong to me.

Didnt MLG own team names for a while? BtH and Str8?

edit. i guess that would be different than owning an org?

Stellur was playing for E6 but due to issues with compensation he wanted to leave after the roster had been submitted. Due to having to wait until after week 3, he had to play with the team and there was bad blood. The whole team was fined 5% of the seasons winnings because Cratos, Suspector and Bubu didn't invite Stellur to the call and just hid in corners and didn't try against OG in there first match of the season.

IIRC, they were fined because of Showtime signing Stellur out of Xbox Live (with Cratos receiving a larger fine).

I don't think the bad blood was acted upon by ESL though.

• Upvote (+1) 1