CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Just imagine the devastion H3CZ will have when he gets to Worlds's location, to find that a CoD event that was just a lead up to worlds is bigger than the ACTUAL Worlds in Halo.

Arghhhhhh

• Upvote (+1) 8

Just imagine the devastion H3CZ will have when he gets to Worlds's location, to find that a CoD event that was just a lead up to worlds is bigger than the ACTUAL Worlds in Halo.

Arghhhhhh

The LCS viewing party I got invited to was bigger than HWC.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Long time first time.

It's tough to watch pro Halo live with the hours I work but thanks to rebroadcasts I haven't missed a minute of league or tournament play since the H2 days.

This weekend, however, I've secured both Saturday and Sunday off so for the first time in a long time I'll get to watch live. There may be multifarious reasons to be down on Halo right now but I for one am super excited for this weekend!

See you all in the Twitch chat.

B-b-but you have to talk shit about the HCS and ESL like everyone else  :stressed:

Shit posting aside I'm also really excited for this weekend, hopefully we get a good grand finals and not just Optic stomping the competition :ace:

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Come on here during the matches. Despite the negative vibe merchants in here (myself included) everyone gets super hyped during the good matches.

and the beyond twitch chat

sellout

• Upvote (+1) 6

More surprising: NV gets 4th or soaR outplacing fabE

I want to see an Optic vs Fabe and Soar vs Fabe just to see how strong the top international teams are.

• Upvote (+1) 1

and the beyond twitch chat

sellout

6RNt0R5.gif

• Upvote (+1) 1

Arghhhhhh

every COD open will be bigger than Halo Worlds.

I'm going to the LCS EU spring split finals next month, I doubt there was an Halo tournament in the last 2 years that could compete with that, I mean I understand why that is an unfair comparison but still feel sad because I love competitive Halo

It's super frustrating to not see any marketing, advertising or just general hype content coming out. I mean we have so many talented photographers, graphic designers, writers, filmmakers etc in the community.

We'll probably get those videos Strongside is working on during the event but is that the only content being generated? If they don't have the staff to do more than that all I can say is

Reach out to us and you'll probably find a lot of enthusiastic people (who are quickly losing enthusiasm)

Hopefully without coming across as arrogant I'm involved in filmmaking and if I had the opportunity to work within Halo I'd gladly do it on a shoestring budget.

Make something anyway. I'm animating using pixlr and an old version of Avid so there's no excuses really. At the end of the day the hype videos are mainly for our benefit anyway.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Arghhhhhh

His vlog will either be hilarious and kinda hype or extremely depressing

• Upvote (+1) 4

Make something anyway. I'm animating using pixlr and an old version of Avid so there's no excuses really. At the end of the day the hype videos are mainly for our benefit anyway.

Oh I'm absolutely working on stuff at the moment (albeit not Halo related)

My contribution to Halo this week was spinny Simms. (So you can blame me for all those phone crashes)

I'd love to see what you're working on when you get it finished though (if you're comfortable showing it that is)!

• Upvote (+1) 2

I want to see an Optic vs Fabe and Soar vs Fabe just to see how strong the top international teams are.

I want to see FabE play the 4-7 NA teams. They came to Vegas 2016 and beat all the AMs and got beat bad by Liquid and Str8 (3 & 4 at the time, and that's when they just formed. So I want to see how much of NA they can contend with
  • Upvote (+1) 2

snip

Glad to see you clear up exactly how it was done it just sucks that you guys keep getting put into positions where you feel the desire to explain yourself to the community. I don't think anyone seriously wants anything to happen to Ace/Elamite or thinks your team is favored if they're a decent/thoughtful person though.