CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

:walshy:  is the emote used to denote a textual version of "OOOOOOOOO" or "OHHHHHHH" or a general sense of amazement. Also used in tangent with  :simms: to denote excitement about upcoming events or when Walshy is casting.

Wow.  What an informative post.  I have been using the Walshy emote all wrong.  

You're doing God's work.  

One more for today

IcUqGkE.png

Not the picture of him doing the pon pon, 0/10 :kappa:
  • Upvote (+1) 3

When u4ix takes "T2 shouldn't be casting Str8 matches" way too far and potentially ruins everything.

It's the wrong approach. The players on Str8 shouldn't be punished for their association with an org that maybe shouldn't be allowed to compete in the HCS. As for Ace and Elamite being brothers, whatever. Competitive Halo is a tight knit community. There's bound to be some familial overlap between pros and casters and management and whatnot. As long as there are no blatant conflicts of interest, I wouldn't fuck with it.

If anything, force Str8 to separate themselves from their org and play independently.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

When u4ix takes "T2 shouldn't be casting Str8 matches" way too far and potentially ruins everything.

It's the wrong approach. The players on Str8 shouldn't be punished for their association with an org that maybe shouldn't be allowed to compete in the HCS. As for Ace and Elamite being brothers, whatever. Competitive Halo is a tight knit community. There's bound to be some familial overlap between pros and casters and management and whatnot. As long as there are no blatant conflicts of interest, I wouldn't fuck with it.

If anything, force Str8 to separate themselves from their org and play independently.

The argument isn't what should happen. Technically the rules are there so they should be modified, followed, or pardoned. I completely agree Ace is fine here. The issue is when we would enforce those rules upon a player the community doesn't like, but not on a player we do like. If Ace is pardoned from the rules than so should the rest of the community.

The only HWC promotion I've seen from the Xbox twitter....and it's not even the official one. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

I almost feel like they're trolling us at this point with the lack of advertisement. I actually don't even get it. Its their league to make successful or to dump cash into only for it to never see the light of day again. 

Found out I have to work this weekend and I'm not even mad. Not hyped in the slightest for this years worlds for some reason. I guess an utter lack of promotion from the HCS/343/MS coupled with a game that is still using flawed settings after 18 months will do that.

Did they ever replace Che? Or was he that useless he didn't require replacing? The whole thing is just odd.

Optic top 1.

Str8 top seed.

#H3A

#BELEIVE

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

The only HWC promotion I've seen from the Xbox twitter....and it's not even the official one. 

f72.jpg

u can always trust the italians for support.

(dead meme, im sorry)

@

So I can only assume that your post means the fans will never have the chance to see the legendary TBLOPOS lace up their boots and pick up the sticks one last time?

BTW the poll is really close right now, go tweet it out so Lethul wins

it's tied with less than an hour left

I'll answer anyway:  Yes i do think Halo 5 stands up to Halo 3 now.  Unpopular opinion but i have the rep to spare.  When i take the nostalgia glasses off and play the prior halo games Halo 3 is the only one of the original trilogy that i just cant play.  H1 and H2 hold up beautifully, especially H1 if we're being honest, but H3 is fucking boring to play now.  And i LOVED it and played the shit out out of it when it first came out. H3 for me has not aged well at all.

Today, right now, i would rather play Halo 5 than Halo 3 without question.

343 made MCC to cut off the train of remasters.  The fact that it was broke AF doesn't change that.  Frankly they need to focus on one project at a time.  I think its more likely that they fix and re-release MCC than H3A, and i don't think that is very likely.

At least Halo 3 was competitive. Even if the gameplay sucked it's way more competitive than H5 is right now.

Imagine a world where Optic simply dropped out of Halo after Maniac retired. We have a metric shit-ton to thank Hecz for, he's more or less single-handedly kept competitive Halo (somewhat) relevant.

Maniac only retired after the roster was dropped for CLG.