CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I think at this point it is safe to say any downtime suggestions fall upon deaf ears. 

It's called downtime, why would be put anything there? It sounds like a lot of work.  :stressed:

• Upvote (+1) 1

but does MLG Dallas have a food truck and cos-players :intensifies:

Good stuff @

I actually don't have an issue with food trucks or people there cosplaying. My issue Is the fact that we seem to have downgraded from last years Worlds...I have said It before, I think It would be cool to have a Halo Fest/Halo World Championship(similar to COD XP). But when we are put In a small ass venue compared to what we had last year, barley any to no marketing for HWC, no hype videos getting people excited for the event, it fucking sucks.

I still think the idea of Halo fest/Halo World Championship could still work with the right passion and leadership behind It. 

But I'm just a photographer so what do I know  :ace:

• Upvote (+1) 4

This is the stuff that should be played during game downtime.

Maybe throw some un copyrighted music over the top.

The thing is they did used to have some varied downtime videos. I remember during some older tournaments they had a Mint Blitz montage (maybe his H5M2), Sheney's H5 Beta tage (with different music over it), and an H5 jumping montage. Don't know why they stopped that.

If it's for copyright reasons they could put out a set of guidelines videos have to follow to be used, and maybe you have to submit them somewhere (like a Waypoint thread) in order to give them permission to use it? Anything would be better than the same ads and skilltacular videos.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I actually don't have an issue with food trucks or people there cosplaying. My issue Is the fact that we seem to have downgraded from last years Worlds...I have said It before, I think It would be cool to have a Halo Fest/Halo World Championship(similar to COD XP). But when we are put In a small ass venue compared to what we had last year, barley any to no marketing for HWC, no hype videos getting people excited for the event, it fucking sucks.

I still think the idea of Halo fest/Halo World Championship could still work with the right passion and leadership behind It. 

I dont think anyone has an actual issue with food trucks or cosplaying - but the fact is is used as a main selling point on the worlds graphic was just weird. $14 Tacos and someone dressed up like Master Chief isnt going to make me want to spend $2k on a trip to the west coast, back to the same venue in Burbank. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

My biggest dig at the situation is they are trying to make something they know is crap into something positive. I've heard from numerous people how awful the experience is at garage with location and prices (cue sleep in your car / $100 plane tickets). I hope this whole "campus" makeover can improve it for those going, and they get their moneys worth. This is our biggest tournament of the year, it shouldn't be there at the end of the day :(

• Upvote (+1) 1

This is just another instance where proper channels of communication either from @@Tashi or @@Timo could easily have put out this fire, but I'm more than happy to fan these flames. 

If you keep up this nonsense he might reply to you on NeoGAF :uncledrew:

• Upvote (+1) 6

If you keep up this nonsense he might reply to you on NeoGAF :uncledrew:

I'm sure the eleven people who post in that thread, eight of which are now critical of the Halo Championship Series themselves, would provide Tahir with some fantastic feedback. 

So we are all just kinda cool with the collusion @@Tsquared and @@Timo pulled with the groups for the world championship or?

Accidental upvote. The conspiracy theory is dumb. The pools were filled in sequential order by seed.

If there was collusion, why would they have ever created ' legitimate pools' and then change them to give str8 an advantage? They would just give str8 the advantage from the start.

Also if there was indeed a different set of pools using a different sequence, more than one swap would have had to occur, not just Str8 for optic. Are we too believe that the swap they would be most interested in hiding would be the one they flub?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Accidental upvote. The conspiracy theory is dumb. The pools were filled in sequential order by seed.

If there was collusion, why would they have ever created ' legitimate pools' and then change them to give str8 an advantage? They would just give str8 the advantage from the start.

Also if there was indeed a different set of pools using a different sequence, more than one swap would have had to occur, not just Str8 for optic.

4cbaef91ddf36d781f19b7403fc1a28a.png

a36836938e564295dc2964fd6fb679a9.png

f96e5a036a50cfde02be666a15974d2d.png

• Upvote (+1) 10
  • Downvote (-1) 3

I dont think anyone has an actual issue with food trucks or cosplaying - but the fact is is used as a main selling point on the worlds graphic was just weird. $14 Tacos and someone dressed up like Master Chief isnt going to make me want to spend $2k on a trip to the west coast, back to the same venue in Burbank. 

My biggest dig at the situation is they are trying to make something they know is crap into something positive. I've heard from numerous people how awful the experience is at garage with location and prices (cue sleep in your car / $100 plane tickets). I hope this whole "campus" makeover can improve it for those going, and they get their moneys worth. This is our biggest tournament of the year, it shouldn't be there at the end of the day :(

I completely agree guys. As a spectator and a photographer, I want a awesome venue for the BIGGEST halo event of the year. I'll be sure to take pictures of the venue and stuff and send them over. After being at the Burbank studios 3 times I don't like it. lol 

• Upvote (+1) 3

4cbaef91ddf36d781f19b7403fc1a28a.png

a36836938e564295dc2964fd6fb679a9.png

f96e5a036a50cfde02be666a15974d2d.png

I didn't finish this paragraph before posting:

Also if there was indeed a different set of pools using a different sequence, more than one swap would have had to occur, not just Str8 for optic. Are we too believe that the swap they would be most interested in hiding would be the one they flub?

I didn't finish this paragraph before posting:

You're assuming their competent in hiding their mistakes, this is staring us so hard in the face it almost gives it deniability by being so obvious. 

• Downvote (-1) 4

Wait is that Small guy that old Str8 Rippin coach from the MLG days? Crazy if so.

254806_10150207686503468_88159113467_678

• Upvote (+1) 3